QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“My responsibilities are not only to my family and the people who work for the Ravens. There are over a million stakeholders in the Baltimore area that we have an obligation to. They’re the fans who invest more than three hours on Sunday to watch, listen to, or attend our games. That’s a big difference from owning a nonsports company.” ~ Steve Bisciotti on owning the Ravens
In the Ravens’ three preseason games, QB Joe Flacco completed 43 of 60 passes for 433 yards, with 3 TDs and 1 INT for a 101.6 QB rating.
DID YOU KNOW?
- In each of the past three seasons (2009-11), QB Joe Flacco and Aaron Rodgers are the only NFL QBs to throw for at least 3,600 yards and 20 TDs while posting 12 INTs or less.
- The Ravens have won 12 of their last 15 preseason games.
- This marks the third preseason game the Ravens have ever played against the Rams (2008 and 2010), with all contests taking place in St. Louis. The Rams are the only NFC West team Baltimore has faced in preseason play
LOOKS LIKE OUR FILMSTUDY ISN’T ALONE…
“I’d see Ray [Lewis] and Ed[Reed] always with their iPads, studying and reviewing, and I thought I’d better get in there, too. Ray would say to me, ‘Got something for me?’ And, I wouldn’t. I’d be looking at the film, but I didn’t really know how to study it. Now if Ray or Ed ask me if I have something, I do. I’ve always watched a lot of film, but I’m learning now when I watch, and it’s carrying over to the way I play.” ~ Lardarius Webb
MEET ME IN ST. LOUIE!
- Tonight the Ravens will get reacquainted with some familiar places and faces…Ravens DB Danny Gorrer spent the 2009 season with the Rams, seeing action in three games. Ravens C/G Tony Wragge was a member of the Rams during the 2011 season, appearing in 15 games (eight starts). Ravens TE Billy Bajema spent 2009-11 with St. Louis, posting 31 receptions for 310 yards and 2 TDs.
- Rams FB Ovie Mughelli was selected by Baltimore in the fourth round of the 2003 NFL Draft. Mughelli played with the Ravens for four seasons (2003-06). Rams G Bryan Mattison was a member of the Ravens from 2008-10, seeing action in eight games. Rams special teams coordinator John Fassel was Baltimore’s assistant special teams coach from 2005-07.
- The Rams are 4 ½ point favorites over the Ravens tonight; the over/under is 37 ½
- On Opening Night (Monday, September 10) the Ravens are currently listed as a 6- point favorite over the Bengals
- The opening Sunday Night Football game on NBC features the Steelers @ Broncos. Peyton Manning’s new friends are 1 point favorites
- Super Bowl XLVII Winner Odds for AFC North
o Steelers: 12:1
o Ravens: 15:1
o Bengals: 47:1
o Browns: 200:1