If you’ve watched ESPN at all over the past year or so, you’ve undoubtedly seen their “Terrible Towels Around the World” commercial.
I won’t soil this gorgeous Ravens fan page by embedding the video, but here is a link to it, if you’re so inclined.
If you need a reminder – or if you couldn’t bring yourself to click the link (can’t blame you) – basically the commercial is a montage of photos and very short video clips of those bandwagon riding Steelers fans going all over the world with their stupid little yellow rags – deserts, pyramids, The Great Wall of China..you get the idea.
Well, we decided that, in honor of Ravens-Steelers week, we would put together our own version of this commercial, a spoof like we like to call “Terrible Towels around Baltimore.”
Have a look:
In case you’re curious about the locations featured, here’s a rundown (in rough order of appearance):
- Sports Legends Museum, Camden Yards
- National Aquarium
- Sandy Point State Park
- Tailgate lots, M&T Bank Stadium
- Fort McHenry National Monument
- State Capitol Building, Annapolis
- Federal Hill, Baltimore
- Baltimore Visitor Center, Inner Harbor
- Jimmy’s Famous Seafood, Dundalk
- Oriole Park at Camden Yards
- Poor Boy’s, Dundalk
- National Bohemian Tower, Canton
- Under Armour Factory, Tide Point
- Maryland Zoo in Baltimore
Steelers weeks are always the most fun of the season, as we get to watch our team take part in what has become arguably the best rivalry in sports. Hopefully this video helps Baltimore kick off the week right.