The Baltimore Ravens have acquired RB Delone Carter from the Indianapolis Colts in exchange for WR/RS David Reed, Ravens general manager/executive vice president Ozzie Newsome announced Wednesday afternoon.
Carter enters his third NFL season after being selected by Indianapolis in the fourth round of the 2011 draft. The 5-9, 232-pounder out of Syracuse has seen action in 26 NFL games, making three starts.
In his pro career, Carter has totaled 133 rushes for 499 yards (3.8 avg.) and five touchdowns, adding six catches for 31 yards. As a rookie in 2011, he rushed for a career-high 377 yards on 101 attempts, also posting two touchdowns on the season.
Delone Carter: Running Back, 5-9, 232, Syracuse
• Selected by the Colts in the fourth round (119th Overall) of the 2011 NFL Draft.
• Played in 10 games, rushing 32 times for 122 yards and three touchdowns. Added one catch for 13 yards. Also notched one special teams tackle.
• In a Week 7 meeting against Cleveland (10/21), tallied a season-high 11 carries for 41 yards.
• Contributed with two carries for eight yards and the game-tying one-yard touchdown rush with 3:24 remaining in the fourth quarter at Tennessee (10/28).
• Gave the Colts a 7-0 lead on his one-yard touchdown rush in the first quarter at New England (11/18). Finished the game with two carries for 21 yards, including a long rush of 20 yards.
• Scored a one-yard touchdown on the team’s opening offensive possession of the second half against Tennessee (12/9).
• In his rookie season, competed in all 16 games with three starts. Totaled 101 carries for 377 yards (3.7 avg.) and two touchdowns. Also caught five passes for 18 yards (3.6 avg.).
• Made his NFL debut at Houston (9/11) and totaled seven carries for 25 yards (3.6 avg.).
• Saw action against Kansas City (10/9) and logged his first career touchdown while adding 22 yards on the ground.
• Started his first career game at Cincinnati (10/16) and led the team with 14 carries for 45 yards.
• Led the team with 10 carries for 89 yards and one touchdown at New Orleans (10/23). Posted a career-long 42-yard rush.
• A four-year letterman who opened 23-of-42 career games at Syracuse. Totaled 646 career carries for 3,104 yards and 24 touchdowns while adding 28 receptions for 208 yards and one touchdown.
• Ended his collegiate career ranked third in school history in rushing yards and tied for seventh in touchdowns and 100-plus-yard games. Also ended his Syracuse tenure having not fumbled in 242 consecutive rushes.
• Posted 11 career 100-plus-yard rushing games.
• Competed in 13 games as a senior and totaled 1,233 yards and nine touchdowns. His rushing total was the third-highest for a single season in school history.
• Was a second-team All-Big East choice and was named the Big East Offensive Player of the Week with 172 rushing yards and four touchdowns against Colgate.
• Was named MVP of the East-West Shrine Game.
• Was a freshman All-America selection by The Sporting News and was a freshman first-team All-Big East choice.
• Holds a degree in child and family studies.