Thanksgiving, perhaps the simplest and most sincere of all Holidays and one shared by everyone in this great country regardless of religion.
The word alone is rich with selflessness, appreciation and gratitude. It is by far my very favorite Holiday and a tradition that is uniquely American.
A very good friend of mine, when measuring the importance of tried and true customs once told me, “Tradition doesn’t graduate.”
That poignant statement hung in the air for me for a few moments. And when it finally soaked in, I knew he was right. All of those traditions passed down from generations; family gatherings; friends hoisting a memorial toast at a special happy hour; the list could go on.
But each and every one has significance and these traditional events help sustain and honor the memories. Tradition allows those memories to echo in eternity.
Tradition doesn’t graduate.
So on this the most traditional of celebrations I would like to thank those who have meant the most to us here at Russell Street Report.
To my wife and children, thank you for allowing me the freedom to do what I do despite the fact that it can from time to time interrupt our lives.
To our writers, thank you for embracing our vision, for pouring your hearts and words into this site, delivering insightful analysis from the armchair of a fan. Never change!
To you our site visitors, thank you for coming and thank you for the exchanges. Your comments and suggestions, even the criticisms help us to grow and evolve and certainly keep us on our P’s & Q’s. Please keep bringing it!
To our customers…what would we be without you? Your incredible support and belief in what we do is so inspiring and clearly necessary.
- Toyota, Pivnet, Jay, Laura and Ashley, you’ve been amazing and always there for us for.
- D&L Tinting…you have been amazing and your willingness to push boundaries and explore new frontiers, grounded in your blind faith in us is inspiring.
- Poor Boys…your growth and unique heartfelt approach to your customers and business partners is quintessential Baltimore. Never change who you are.
- The Famous…Jimmy’s Seafood. It’s been fun to see you grow and we’re proud to be part of that! John, your social media savvy is cutting edge. We’re watching!
- Bill Kidd Toyota, thank you for the great deals and your willingness to go above and beyond.
- Tim’s Automotive and First Choice Automotive…I can’t tell you enough how much your commitment to excellence, workmanship and community has inspired us.
- Thompson Creek Window Company, thanks for jumping back in the mix. We can see clearly now. Let’s keep that window perpetually open!
- To those new customers who joined us this year – Seigel, Tully & Furrer, Ripley’s, Lasik, Downtown Dog Resort, Glen Burnie Motor Sports, Mothers, Suzie Coronel and Arundel Mills. We hope you stay but only if we earn it.
- To our partners at Media Works and Siquis, thanks for your willingness to refine and shape our working relationship. We look forward to servicing you and your customers for many years.
- Comcast Sportsnet, your belief in what we do and your tutelage is phenomenal. Let’s do it again and again!
- D3 Corp, our web partners and the engine that keeps us moving forward…thank you for indulging me, bearing with me and for your innovation. Where would we be without you?
And last but not certainly not least, thanks to the Baltimore Ravens for an unforgettable season, allowing our access to your team and for being such a class organization. You enrich the lives of all Baltimoreans and clearly provide opportunity for folks like us.
Gratitude makes our past more meaningful, brings peace to the heart, and shapes our vision for tomorrow.
Here’s to all of our tomorrows. May they be as wonderful as our yesterdays!
May tradition NEVER graduate.