On Monday night in Detroit, Justin Tucker boomed an NFL-indoor-record 61-yard field goal at the end of the fourth quarter to propel the Ravens to a 18-16 win over the Lions. Ravens (and Lions fans) everywhere probably had reactions very similar to those seen by players and coaches on the Detroit sideline.
However, we don’t have a GIF of those fans – fortunately, we DO have a GIF of the sideline.
And man, is it good.
I could watch this GIF for hours, and probably see something new every time.
Let’s break it down…
Starting from left to right:
- 65 slides into the screen, hoping to body-english the kick off line
- Brandon Pettigrew (87) makes a sort of “no good” signal, before realizing what happened and changing his stance to “WHAT?!”
- Megatron (starts by Pettigrew) goes from holding his hands up in jubilation to throwing them down violently on his way out of the frame. “Man, I really should have caught that two-point conversion!”
- Matt Stafford (backwards cap) starts the “hands on head” version of the wave, which is then taken up by the two inactive players in front of him.
- Jim Schwartz gets ready to celebrate, then lowers his shoulders in clear “Ugh, Matt’s gonna throw another pick now” dejection.
- Guy in yellow hat leeeeeeans back out of frame, completely disappears, then returns like a disappointed “Weeble.”
- Bald Lions Coach in headphones and windbreaker looks like he just caught of whiff of some rotten eggs.
- Giant guy with dreads on the right is giving a huge smile (not sure if a troll face or a “laugh so I don’t cry” face.)
- Reggie Bush slides in from out of the frame to the right in a sort of sad “Harlem Shake” with his fingers lightly rapping his cheeks.
- Finally, we have some guy in the back with white sleeves on whose arms are up THE ENTIRE TIME. What’s the deal with that?
And then of course there’s this…