I’m wondering if I’m the only one trying to find a team to hitch my emotional fanwagon to during the postseason.
Let’s consider the possibilities…
- New England: Yeah right… I’d rather wear Tom Brady Uggs than root for them.
- Cincinnati: No thanks…I want Andy Dalton to continue to be for the Bengals what Matt Schaub is for the Texans.
- Indianapolis: Isn’t that blasphemy for a Baltimore native?
- Denver: Sorry, sick of hearing about Peyton Manning and I’ll never forgive Mr. Ed, aka John Elway.
- San Diego: Nope. Phillip Rivers got his last name because he regularly cries one.
- Philadelphia: I sort of like those knucklehead fans having a trophy case without a Lombardi.
- Carolina: I’ll wait until that kid from the Play 60 ad takes over for Cam Newton.
- New Orleans: Seriously, does anyone think the Saints can march into the Meadowlands in February and win?
- San Francisco: Really like Q but despise Brother Jim more! Just an arrogant franchise.
- Seattle: Can’t root for a coach who leaves a college program (USC) in shambles and then signs a 5-year deal for $33M+
So that leaves two teams, the Kansas City Chiefs and the Green Bay Packers.
I think I like that improbable match-up.
The Packers for me, are hard to dislike. If I could pick a quarterback for the Ravens my ideal choice would be Aaron Rodgers, provided of course Mike McCarthy came along with him. I also like RB Eddie Lacy – a guy who hits the hole hard and is a north and south runner.
As far as the Chiefs are concerned, what a great story! If they could win out the Chiefs would become the poster team for parity in the NFL going from the very worst club to the very best. Such a fairy tail couldn’t happen to a better guy, Andy Reid, who has weathered his share of personal tragedy in recent years.
Kansas City Chiefs v. Green Bay Packers…I like it.
A repeat of Super Bowl I.
Thanks…I feel better now.
I’m glad we had this chat.