Quarterback, the most highlighted of all positions in sport has certainly been a problematic one for the Baltimore Ravens. Not until the arrival of Joe Flacco has there been any stability at the position.
One could argue, and with good reason, that substandard play behind center cost the Ravens playoff wins and possibly another Super Bowl Championship given a defense that regularly ranked among the NFL’s elite.
Be that as it may, to borrow from former team head coach Brian Billick, “It is what it is.”
So in our continued effort to assemble the Baltimore Ravens All-Time 53-man roster we will focus on the QB position in this post and per the team’s norm we plan to carry only two.
So far we’ve voted upon 29 of the 53 spots and with this poll we’ll add 2 more. The leaders so far are as follows:
- Running Back (3): Jamal Lewis, Ray Rice, Priest Holmes/Willis McGahee (tie) VOTE HERE
- Center (1): Matt Birk
- Guard (4): Marshal Yanda, Ben Grubbs, Edwin Mulitalo, Kelechi Osemele VOTE HERE
- Defensive Linemen (8): Haloti Ngata, Mike McCrary, Kelly Gregg, Tony Siragusa, Jarret Johnson, Sam Adams, Rob Burnett, Trevor Pryce VOTE HERE
- Cornerback (6): Chris McAlister, Lardarius Webb, Duane Starks, Jimmy Smith, Samari Rolle, Corey Graham VOTE HERE
- Safety (3): Ed Reed, Rod Woodson, Dawan Landry VOTE HERE
- Long Snapper (1) ~ Morgan Cox
- Return Specialist (1) ~ Jacoby Jones VOTE HERE
- Punter (1) ~ Sam Koch
- Kicker (1) ~ Matt Stover
Here are the quarterback candidates…
Hot off the street
To echo the famous words of one Forrest Gump: “Watching Chris Canty is like a box of chocolates. You just never know what you’re going to get play-to-play.” Alright, so maybe the quote d...read more
TRENDS AND TECHNIQUES The receivers have been doing a better job of getting off the line against press coverage and perhaps the most interesting development is that they are using their feet more tha...read more