Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 37 to 48 of 51
  1. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,251

    Re: Dan Fouts' Charger slobbering was funny



    Fouts wasn't one sided. But his favoritism of the Chargers clearly showed.

    For gods sake, he praised Rivers for throwing the ball away, every. single. time. he did. Hell he kept count of how many times he throw the ball away and praised him for each individual time and for the total.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  2. #38

    Re: Dan Fouts' Charger slobbering was funny

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    For gods sake, he praised Rivers for throwing the ball away, every. single. time. he did. Hell he kept count of how many times he throw the ball away and praised him for each individual time and for the total.
    Have you seen Rivers play this year? Throwing it away is a good play for him.




  3. #39

    Re: Dan Fouts' Charger slobbering was funny

    Quote Originally Posted by RavnFreek View Post
    Indeed.. My Cousin was at the game. He said Ravens fans owned the place. Bolts fans left in the 4th thinking they won the game. Evidently there is a Ravens roost in LA and SD and they both get together for when the Ravens go West.
    The West Wing: http://thewestwingla.com/

    Here are their tailgating pictures from yesterday (Adam Jones made an appearance): http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...4285985&type=1

    A couple of cool pictures at the end of the game showing the Ravens fans: http://instagram.com/p/SfAjvvFbJ1/




  4. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Balmer Merlin Hon
    Posts
    3,019
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Dan Fouts' Charger slobbering was funny

    Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Most commentators will talk good about a team that's playing good. And bad about a team that's playing bad. And the Ravens did play one bad half of football.
    There is a degree of bandwagon riding--it's amusing to listen to them grind the commentary gears into reverse as soon as a team that seems to be on a roll goes south.

    But in fact, if you listen to the broadcast of a game between two teams without national followings, you tend to get a horse-race commentary, i.e., straining to emphasize how the team getting smeared can always come back, even four scores down with 5 minutes to go. And I am sure that is by design, for the same reason the networks will play up a presidential race as "too close to call" when it's anything but: to keep those sets on that channel so that the late-game advertisers get the looks they've paid for.

    And speaking of "eyes on the tube," there's customarily also a degree of antihomerism as well--since the broadcasts are usually aimed at the visiting team's viewing audience. No matter how badly the visitors play the broadcast teams moves heaven & earth to find some reason for optimism. And this should have been even more prevalent last Sunday, since not only do the Bolts not have a huge national following, the game was blacked out in SD, so there was no home TV audience. (Last I heard anyway.) Which would make any pro-Charger bias on Fouts' part not only unprofessional but arguably unprofitable as well. Wonder if he hears from the Network Gods about it?




  5. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,251

    Re: Dan Fouts' Charger slobbering was funny

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Have you seen Rivers play this year? Throwing it away is a good play for him.
    Agreed. But lets not act like it makes him the next Joe Montana or something...
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  6. #42

    Re: Dan Fouts' Charger slobbering was funny

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I'm with you. You're not alone.

    But if you say otherwise, this group tends to shout you down when it comes to any perceived bias the broadcast team may have.
    Dude I know you have a high opinion of your thoughts but I and a lot of others have known GOTA for a long time. I've got enough of a relationship with him on this and other boards to disagree with him.

    Just because we say something that doesn't agree with his or others thoughts doesn't mean we are shouting him down.

    BTW, I agree with GOTA 99% of the time because he knows what he's talking about.




  7. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    12,602
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Dan Fouts' Charger slobbering was funny

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    Dude I know you have a high opinion of your thoughts but I and a lot of others have known GOTA for a long time. I've got enough of a relationship with him on this and other boards to disagree with him.

    Just because we say something that doesn't agree with his or others thoughts doesn't mean we are shouting him down.

    BTW, I agree with GOTA 99% of the time because he knows what he's talking about.
    No one is shouting me down. It's exactly as you posted. Just a difference of opinion among friends.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  8. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    22,048

    Re: Dan Fouts' Charger slobbering was funny

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    Dude I know you have a high opinion of your thoughts but I and a lot of others have known GOTA for a long time. I've got enough of a relationship with him on this and other boards to disagree with him.

    Just because we say something that doesn't agree with his or others thoughts doesn't mean we are shouting him down.

    BTW, I agree with GOTA 99% of the time because he knows what he's talking about.
    Are you suggesting that folks on the boards dont get upset when you dont agree with the bias meme? Because if you use the search function on this site, there are dozens of threads going all the way back to its inception, showing that if you do not believe the media talking heads have an anti-Ravens bias, you get killed here.

    And leave out the personal attacks next time, K?
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  9. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Deep in the bowels of Maryland suburbia
    Posts
    1,728

    Re: Dan Fouts' Charger slobbering was funny

    Fouts had his share of miscues in the broadcast (as did CBS in general), and I thought he was a bit over the top once or twice. He should probably work on toning it down, but to be honest I've heard a lot worse. I don't see this as a big deal.

    In any case, I prefer to remember the Dan Fouts who was one of the great passers of his era. He never got the fame of the Bradshaws or Montanas because he never reached a Super Bowl, but his name is synonomous with a high octane Air Coryell offense.
    Last edited by trailhiker85; 11-26-2012 at 04:58 PM.




  10. #46

    Re: Dan Fouts' Charger slobbering was funny

    People have complained about Fouts in prior seasons, and I pretty much ignored the complaints. I thought Fouts was fine then. But he was bad yesterday, seemingly quite biased, and it was annoying.

    He did say two things in support of the Ravens in the OT, one that Torrey Smith's catch was terrific, and I forget the other one, maybe a play by Boldin. But other than that he was clearly a Chargers homer. His indignation at the Pollard out-of-bounds play is the thing that jumps out at me the most, a day later. It seemed clear on the reply that Pollard was already off the ground with his arms wrapped around the receiver as they headed out of bounds: the rest of the play seemed an obvious non-call, the inevitable end as the two players came crashing to earth. I did not understand why Fouts was so worked up about it.

    And of course Fouts said this was a good call, Pollard "leading with his helmet":
    http://www.trbimg.com/img-50b2ea29/t...0-lam-20121125




  11. #47

    Re: Dan Fouts' Charger slobbering was funny

    Fouts was OK most of the game, but he definitely slipped into rooting for SD. Once the Ravens got on a roll his front running took over.




  12. #48
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    13,928
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Dan Fouts' Charger slobbering was funny

    I used to love watching him go up against that Oakland team twice a year. Fouts and the Chargers would score 38 points... and lose.
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland