Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
Results 133 to 144 of 145
  1. #133
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,189

    Re: Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story



    Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Fans at the game have an effect sure, but when is The Vault not rocking? We can afford to talk past teams here on a message board all we want.
    True, to a point. I think there have been games when the crowd is out of it (Arizona last year). Not saying it's because what a few people do on a message board. Just saying if we do it, it's likely other fans are too,
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  2. #134

    Re: Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story

    Symantics. I am arguing two complete differing points now. We went from the plausability to having an accurate opinion on the team to having an effect on the game.

    And you guys bitch at me for not staying on topic...




  3. #135

    Re: Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Symantics. I am arguing two complete differing points now. We went from the plausability to having an accurate opinion on the team to having an effect on the game.

    And you guys bitch at me for not staying on topic...
    No it's not semantics. Regardless of how loud we are or not; we have NO plausible effect on preparation or mindset of ANY team.

    It's not really that Off topic either - your premise is based on, largely, fans on message boards drinking too much "kool aid" or wearing the "purple shades". Regardless, the point stands that there is NO effect on how the team prepares and plays whether we are being "realistic" or optimistic or whatever.

    Thus, discussing the validity of the (now incorrect claim) of our effect on the team based on our mood or behaviour; is very much on topic.
    Self appointed Ravens SuperFan in the southern hemisphere/New Zealand.




  4. #136

    Re: Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story

    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    No it's not semantics. Regardless of how loud we are or not; we have NO plausible effect on preparation or mindset of ANY team.

    It's not really that Off topic either - your premise is based on, largely, fans on message boards drinking too much "kool aid" or wearing the "purple shades". Regardless, the point stands that there is NO effect on how the team prepares and plays whether we are being "realistic" or optimistic or whatever.

    Thus, discussing the validity of the (now incorrect claim) of our effect on the team based on our mood or behaviour; is very much on topic.
    Then tell me why NFL teams pipe crowd noise into practices to simulate the noise of playing loud stadiums like Seattle and Baltimore???

    And the Kool-Aid and Purple sunglasses is regarded at those who "hate the board" when differing opinions such as mine occur.

    But it's fine, I'll stand up for what I believe even if I am alone.




  5. #137

    Re: Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Then tell me why NFL teams pipe crowd noise into practices to simulate the noise of playing loud stadiums like Seattle and Baltimore???

    And the Kool-Aid and Purple sunglasses is regarded at those who "hate the board" when differing opinions such as mine occur.

    But it's fine, I'll stand up for what I believe even if I am alone.
    You're not alone, but others have just learned to ignore the misplaced indignation from the Kool-Aid Brigade.

    The real question is why so many people get butthurt when people discuss the team's or player's flaws and/or areas where they are currently underperforming and need to improve to have a realistic shot at a title. That is the real question.

    That these same people accuse others of being "miserable" is amusing to me. There is no one so miserable around here as a Brigade member being forced to read thoughtful criticism of their team.

    Don't get me wrong, there are some posters who are delusionally negative and/or trolls, but the number of these cases/posts is a mere fraction of the instances where people are wrongly treated or labeled as such when simply offering very reasonable criticisms.




  6. #138

    Re: Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Then tell me why NFL teams pipe crowd noise into practices to simulate the noise of playing loud stadiums like Seattle and Baltimore???

    And the Kool-Aid and Purple sunglasses is regarded at those who "hate the board" when differing opinions such as mine occur.

    But it's fine, I'll stand up for what I believe even if I am alone.
    I'll say it again - NO ONE IS ARGUING THE NOISE FACTOR! Stop trying to circumnavigate the argument by re-iterating it and martyring yourself.

    It's not the noise issue, that's the issue.

    The point is that if everyone thinks all hunky-dory/rose-tinted, then that affects the team. Which is untrue - nothing could be further than the truth.

    Mindset of fans (sans noise) and however high fans may perceive the team to be (whether it's overrated or not) does not affect the team.

    That's the last I'll say of that, and if no one understands this, then I'm afraid you may need learning assistance, or just have trouble in accepting the facts.
    Self appointed Ravens SuperFan in the southern hemisphere/New Zealand.




  7. #139

    Re: Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story

    This was the kind of moment that can either build a team or tear it apart!

    I suspect the Jets have had a similar moment - and we see the results.




  8. #140

    Re: Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story

    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    I'll say it again - NO ONE IS ARGUING THE NOISE FACTOR! Stop trying to circumnavigate the argument by re-iterating it and martyring yourself.

    It's not the noise issue, that's the issue.

    The point is that if everyone thinks all hunky-dory/rose-tinted, then that affects the team. Which is untrue - nothing could be further than the truth.

    Mindset of fans (sans noise) and however high fans may perceive the team to be (whether it's overrated or not) does not affect the team.

    That's the last I'll say of that, and if no one understands this, then I'm afraid you may need learning assistance, or just have trouble in accepting the facts.
    Look you brought up the plausible effect of the fan, not me. You said "0" or ZERO. That means none, nil, nothing. You lost right there. Don't start inserting "except crowd noise". Stick by your zero or shut the hell up.

    Unhappy fans make for a quiet stadium, go check out the Jags...

    And I am no martyr. Martyrs lay down and die. I fight, weather in the gym, or on this board. Laying down and dying isn't even remotely in my makeup, so peddle that bullshit somewhere else.

    Last, as for learning assistance, I NEVER SAID MY OPINION HAD ANY FUCKING EFFECT ON THE TEAM.




  9. #141

    Re: Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story

    Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    This was the kind of moment that can either build a team or tear it apart!

    I suspect the Jets have had a similar moment - and we see the results.
    Right... back to the Yahoo story.

    Was listening to 105.7 FM last night on the way home from work. The Cary Williams show came on. The moderator (the blowhard who used to work for the 'Skins, I think, I've repressed his name) asked them (Cary W. & "his guest" Ellerbe) about the story, which btw it seemed like they didn't know about untill he read passages to them. Their basic reaction was, "OK, who's the rat that tipped this reporter?" Like it was a in-house matter that was resolved and shouldn't have been aired outside the locker room. Not mad; more like "Really??"

    FWIW




  10. #142
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    13,659
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker: M&T Sec 527 View Post
    Right... back to the Yahoo story.

    Was listening to 105.7 FM last night on the way home from work. The Cary Williams show came on. The moderator (the blowhard who used to work for the 'Skins, I think, I've repressed his name) asked them (Cary W. & "his guest" Ellerbe) about the story, which btw it seemed like they didn't know about untill he read passages to them. Their basic reaction was, "OK, who's the rat that tipped this reporter?" Like it was a in-house matter that was resolved and shouldn't have been aired outside the locker room. Not mad; more like "Really??"

    FWIW
    interesting...
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  11. #143

    Re: Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story

    How's that lov'n going now? Stupid ass coach having NO TIME OUTS against a heated rival.




  12. #144

    Re: Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story

    I mentioned it on the game thread, but how can anyone spin the near "mutiny" as such a positive thing for Harbaugh anymore? The team still had a great record when it happened, but there definitely is a disconnect between the players and coaches IMO. The post game show on Comcast noted multiple players were throwing helmets across the field after the game today. Not normal after a loss...




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland