Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Results 73 to 84 of 145
  1. #73

    Re: Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story



    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I've been saying this all year - the HC approves the gameplans and he wants to play low scoring possession games especially on the road. Can't knock him too much; it's working


    New England - Arguably we won because of the replacement officials, but this is one I will take, the offense put up 31 points, you cannot argue that.

    Cowboys - We literally gave them every chance to comeback, and they nearly did. They drove right down the field on us and scored. They then had a 2 point conversion. AND THEN THEY WON THE ONSIDE KICK. We won because of a missed ~40 yard field goal as time expired.

    San Diego - We won because of 4th and 29. A complete fluke of a play. A great play by Ray Rice, but any professional football team 99.9999999% of the time will never let that happen.

    Agree to disagree, but it is working based on pure luck. Not because of his "gameplan."




  2. #74
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    8,711
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post


    New England - Arguably we won because of the replacement officials, but this is one I will take, the offense put up 31 points, you cannot argue that.

    Cowboys - We literally gave them every chance to comeback, and they nearly did. They drove right down the field on us and scored. They then had a 2 point conversion. AND THEN THEY WON THE ONSIDE KICK. We won because of a missed ~40 yard field goal as time expired.

    San Diego - We won because of 4th and 29. A complete fluke of a play. A great play by Ray Rice, but any professional football team 99.9999999% of the time will never let that happen.

    Agree to disagree, but it is working based on pure luck. Not because of his "gameplan."
    Houston has barely won 2 games in ot against bad teams. Good teams find ways to get wins. It's not always pretty.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk




  3. #75

    Re: Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story

    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Houston has barely won 2 games in ot against bad teams. Good teams find ways to get wins. It's not always pretty.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    Teams rarely get that lucky in the playoffs. It takes a lot more offense or the greatest defense EVER to win the big one.




  4. #76

    Re: Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story

    What a great OP! Reaffirms my belief that Harbaugh was the best choice at the time, and still is the man for the job now.

    Good teams build on adversity, and they find ways to win. This team looks like it is doing that. It's overcoming whatever statistical flaws it has and winning games. It's coming together instead of falling apart. The 2000 team did that during the five game touchdown drought. "Festivus" as a euphemism for "playoffs" became a rallying cry for the team and fans alike. At the time, Billick handled the personalities of the team just right, and this may be a sign that Harbaugh has a good understanding of what he needs to do to get the best out of this team.




  5. #77

    Re: Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story

    Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post


    New England - Arguably we won because of the replacement officials, but this is one I will take, the offense put up 31 points, you cannot argue that.

    Cowboys - We literally gave them every chance to comeback, and they nearly did. They drove right down the field on us and scored. They then had a 2 point conversion. AND THEN THEY WON THE ONSIDE KICK. We won because of a missed ~40 yard field goal as time expired.

    San Diego - We won because of 4th and 29. A complete fluke of a play. A great play by Ray Rice, but any professional football team 99.9999999% of the time will never let that happen.

    Agree to disagree, but it is working based on pure luck. Not because of his "gameplan."
    Arguably we lost to Philly because of those same replacement refs, and that's even leaving out the bad call on Jones that took away the go-ahead touchdown. The offense stunk in that game because the scab refs allowed Iggles defenders to hold on and ride our receivers all the way down the field. Pees should have been telling our DB's to follow suit.

    Yes, the Ravens have had luck. They've also made their own luck. Rice's effort made The Checkdown work. Flacco's cool head made it work, as did Boldin's block. Different parts of this team have stepped up in different games to get us the victory, just as each unit has had miscues and failures.




  6. #78

    Re: Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story

    Again, all this shit goes out the window when playoffs come. No one is scared of our offense when comes to town and rightfully so.




  7. #79

    Re: Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Again, all this shit goes out the window when playoffs come. No one is scared of our offense when comes to town and rightfully so.
    This year might be different if anyone has to come to baltimore to beat us




  8. #80

    Re: Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story

    Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post
    This year might be different if anyone has to come to baltimore to beat us
    We aren't getting homefield. It will take nothing short of a miracle for the Raven's to be home. I don't even bother with the fantasy threads about seeding and running the table because it isn't happening.

    All the teams that 'got hot' to win a Super Bowl had something other than the steaming pile of dogshit we have for a road offense. The Pack, the Giants, the took it to the oppenents. Us, we have horseshoes up our asses, leprichaun's on the take, 4 Leaf Clover Gardens, and O.J.'s defense team to get us road wins.

    Sooner or later the luck runs out.




  9. #81

    Re: Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    We aren't getting homefield. It will take nothing short of a miracle for the Raven's to be home. I don't even bother with the fantasy threads about seeding and running the table because it isn't happening.

    All the teams that 'got hot' to win a Super Bowl had something other than the steaming pile of dogshit we have for a road offense. The Pack, the Giants, the took it to the oppenents. Us, we have horseshoes up our asses, leprichaun's on the take, 4 Leaf Clover Gardens, and O.J.'s defense team to get us road wins.

    Sooner or later the luck runs out.
    I think we win the rest of our home games, go 13-3 with a loss to either the bengals or redskins. We could even afford to lose both of our remaining road games at this rate.

    I also think that the patriots will lose one more.

    Houston will lose to NE and maybe even INDY, however it looks like theyll have the #1 seed and either us or NE with the #2. If we dont secure the #2, and depending on who we would play in the playoffs, I dont see us getting very far. Hopefully they prove us wrong.




  10. #82

    Re: Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story

    Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post
    I think we win the rest of our home games, go 13-3 with a loss to either the bengals or redskins. We could even afford to lose both of our remaining road games at this rate.

    I also think that the patriots will lose one more.

    Houston will lose to NE and maybe even INDY, however it looks like theyll have the #1 seed and either us or NE with the #2. If we dont secure the #2, and depending on who we would play in the playoffs, I dont see us getting very far. Hopefully they prove us wrong.
    I'd love the perfect scenario, but I see, #3 seed. Home game win, road... and done. Then the Harbaugh presser that we can just splice together from every other fucking time we come up short about: "good players making good plays and we just didn't make enough good plays to win a game against another team with good players who made more good plays."




  11. #83

    Re: Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Then the Harbaugh presser that we can just splice together from every other fucking time we come up short about: "good players making good plays and we just didn't make enough good plays to win a game against another team with good players who made more good plays."
    LOL. Good stuff.



    You could also insert the word "football" before every instance of the following words: players, plays, game, team.




  12. #84

    Re: Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story

    Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    LOL. Good stuff.



    You could also insert the word "football" before every instance of the following words: players, plays, game, team.
    Edit:

    Then the Harbaugh presser that we can just splice together from every other fucking time we come up short about: "good football players making good plays and we just didn't make enough good plays to win a game against another good football team with good football players who made more good plays."




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland