Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 28
  1. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    14,453
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: This rivalry never gets old.



    I don't see a blowout at all - hope you guys are right. Pitt is desperate and they're going to do everything possible. The D is solid and if the Ravens allow them to stay in the game until the end, it could go either way IMO
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  2. #14

    Re: This rivalry never gets old.

    Under Cowher and Billick, the bad blood between these two teams was overflowing.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  3. #15

    Re: This rivalry never gets old.

    Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    That just reminded me when we played the steelers at home in 2003. Jamal eclipsed 2000 yards in an overtime win with the standard 13-10 final score. It never gets old indeed.
    Yeah, and then he had nothing left the next week in the playoff's unfortunately.




  4. #16

    Re: This rivalry never gets old.

    I never fail to get a laugh when reading their boards.

    Steeler fans are the most intolerable, insufferable bunch of bastard fans in the NFL. When they lose it is always because of the refs or they got shafted. The Ravens always win because the refs help them or Goodell loves the Ravens.

    Ravens fans are all idiots period. We are never right about anything. Don't bother posting anything, because unless you pay to contribute to their board you will get a barrage of negative rep. It doesn't matter what you say or how nice you say it your mother, sister (entire family for that matter), IQ and sexuality will become open targets for insult.

    I understand the fact it is a steeler based forum yet unless you openly lick the balls of big jen you are not welcome. There will be no confusing it with a football forum since according to them there is only 1 team in football. There was no football before the superbowl. The first 40 years or so where they had a total of like 7 winning seasons do not exist.

    6 rings 6 rings 6 rings and wide left is all you will hear. A teams success hinges on winning the SB. If you don't win your season was a failure.




  5. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pasadena, MD
    Posts
    66

    Re: This rivalry never gets old.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravens825 View Post
    6 rings 6 rings 6 rings and wide left is all you will hear.
    I shut up the Steeler Troll in my office the other day when he started with that 6 rings crap. I just looked at him and said "Really? 8 turnovers against the Browns? Go away." and I turned my back on him.




  6. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Boston MA
    Posts
    790

    This rivalry is getting old...

    I want to win Sunday. If/when the Ravens win, it is just one more win towards a larger goal. No need for gatorade dumps or excess celebration. A couple of years ago I felt like beating the Steelers was a hump we had to get over to improve as team and be considered legitimate. Been there done that. The Ravens season will not be measured by whether we swept the Steelers, it will be measured by whether we are the AFC Champions and go to the Superbowl. We need to win this game because it puts us one game closer to a bye and getting a bye gets us a better chance to make a run in the playoffs and get to a Superbowl. A win gets us closer to having to play Denver or New England in our house rather than theirs.


    Go Ravens.




  7. #19

    Re: This rivalry is getting old...

    Quote Originally Posted by somedumbguy View Post
    I want to win Sunday. If/when the Ravens win, it is just one more win towards a larger goal. No need for gatorade dumps or excess celebration. A couple of years ago I felt like beating the Steelers was a hump we had to get over to improve as team and be considered legitimate. Been there done that. The Ravens season will not be measured by whether we swept the Steelers, it will be measured by whether we are the AFC Champions and go to the Superbowl. We need to win this game because it puts us one game closer to a bye and getting a bye gets us a better chance to make a run in the playoffs and get to a Superbowl. A win gets us closer to having to play Denver or New England in our house rather than theirs.


    Go Ravens.
    Sorry - beating the Steelers is necessary [if not sufficient] for my good health & happiness. They're still gonna show up and their defense can beat you by itself. Yes, Festivus trumps even a win over the Steelers, but such a win is still pretty satisfying.




  8. #20

    Re: This rivalry is getting old...

    The only thing close to as satisfying as winning a Superbowl is a season sweep of the yinzers.




  9. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The Dirty Burnie
    Posts
    282

    Re: This rivalry never gets old.

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I'm one of the biggest Rice fan on these boards, but if there was ever a game where you'd want Jamal, it's this one. Nothing better than to see run over everyone on the steelers D.
    The picture of Jamal holding Porter by the facemask after he ran him over was my desktop backround for at least 2 years. My favorite Jamal play ever.




  10. #22

    Re: This rivalry is getting old...

    One of my fondest memories ever is the 58-7 year(2006, I believe), and last year when we not only swept them again, but deep-fried their derrieres in our season opener. Those memories, along with 'the hit', and Ngata breaking Bennies' nose certainly make for an enjoyable offseason!

    And, btw, the city of Baltimore owns 4 NFL championships to Pittsburgh's 6, and we were without football for 13 years...I'd say our rate of winning world championships is Better than Pittsburgh's!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton




  11. #23

    Re: This rivalry never gets old.

    I am kinda annoyed they left things up to Byron Sandwhich and Charlie-Batch-of-shit to play. We deserve better from our worthy oppenent.




  12. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Boston MA
    Posts
    790

    Re: This rivalry never gets old.

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    I am kinda annoyed they left things up to Byron Sandwhich and Charlie-Batch-of-shit to play. We deserve better from our worthy oppenent.
    They are not a worthy opponent this year, even if they somehow win on Sunday. They are a carcass of what was once a proud football team.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland