Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 75

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    OT: Shooting at Chiefs facility



    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...iefs-facility/

    Reports that it was a murder-suicide by an unnamed Chiefs player (Twitter does suggest a name, but as it's not confirmed, I'll leave it out).

    Extremely sad.

    (Mods: I know it's off topic for the Ravens, but considering the gravity of the story, I'd put it here).




  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    8,460
    Blog Entries
    4
    That's horrible


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk




  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    21,145
    This is pretty serious so we can leave it here for now.

    Very sad. Still few details. I'm at brunch in Fells Point and getting them to turn on ESPN.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  4. #4

    Re: OT: Shooting at Chiefs facility

    I heard is MLB Jovan Belcher that killed his girlfriend, then himself




  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    in a Purple Haze
    Posts
    1,857

    Re: OT: Shooting at Chiefs facility

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    This is pretty serious so we can leave it here for now.

    Very sad. Still few details. I'm at brunch in Fells Point and getting them to turn on ESPN.
    On NFLN ticker.......

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

    NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!




  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    8,460
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    I heard is MLB Jovan Belcher that killed his girlfriend, then himself
    That's what I heard. His wiki page has already been updated.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk




  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Greensboro, North Carolina
    Posts
    4,214
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: OT: Shooting at Chiefs facility

    That is incredibly sad. I didn't think the Chiefs season could get any worse.




  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    21,145
    The only thing on ESPN is a crawl.

    Hard finding info on this.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  9. #9

    Re: OT: Shooting at Chiefs facility

    Quote Originally Posted by Derf View Post
    Sad. I read he did it (suicide) in front of other players. wow
    Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
    Chief LB Jovian Belcher was involved in a shooting involving at least one other person outside the team's facility today, source said...

    First 'big news' to confirm it. Rumours are it was either in front of the players or in the parking lot in front of police and a couple of coaches and possibly Pioli. Very hard to get a picture yet.

    According to the Chiefs forum's thread on it, Belcher had recently become a father as well. No words.

    -- ESPN 980 ‏@ESPNRadio980
    Word out of Kansas City is that linebacker Javon Belcher, killed his girlfriend then committed suicide in front of head coach and GM.
    Last edited by Tyrian; 12-01-2012 at 10:24 AM.




  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Greensboro, North Carolina
    Posts
    4,214
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: OT: Shooting at Chiefs facility

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrian View Post
    Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
    Chief LB Jovian Belcher was involved in a shooting involving at least one other person outside the team's facility today, source said...

    First 'big news' to confirm it. Rumours are it was either in front of the players or in the parking lot in front of police and a couple of coaches and possibly Pioli. Very hard to get a picture yet.

    According to the Chiefs forum's thread on it, Belcher had recently become a father as well. No words.
    Twitterverse is saying Pioli and Crennel witnessed it. The whole team has to be devastated. I know teams have dealt with death before during the season but has it ever happened the day before a game?




  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    in a Purple Haze
    Posts
    1,857

    Re: OT: Shooting at Chiefs facility

    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Twitterverse is saying Pioli and Crennel witnessed it.
    I wonder if they were attempting to talk him down... they have to be absolutely devastated!

    Prayers to the entire KC organization & families.......

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

    NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!




  12. #12

    Re: OT: Shooting at Chiefs facility

    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Twitterverse is saying Pioli and Crennel witnessed it. The whole team has to be devastated. I know teams have dealt with death before during the season but has it ever happened the day before a game?
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...elf-police-say

    NFL,com reporting a related second shooting off site.
    My 1st thought (besides sadness) was "Is this a Rae Carruthers type situation?" Don't know how the Chiefs could play Carolina @ Arrowhead tomorrow and show up emotionally/mentally.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland