Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 37 to 48 of 95
  1. #37

    Re: I think I'm getting burned out...



    Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Are you defining one and done by losing the first playoff game or is it win the first game, move on and lose the second game. Different ways to look at "one and done". Just wanted some clarification because you keep saying that.
    He doesn't think the Ravens will win another game this season/decade/century.




  2. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,251

    Re: I think I'm getting burned out...

    Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    This team is one and done in the playoffs - at that's IF THEY GET THERE - which is unlikely considering who they play in their last four games.
    Although this is pretty much par for the course for your post, I agree with this one.

    If we get there, it's going to be tough to beat anyone. If we can't beat the Charlie Batch, CHARLIE BATCH, led Steelers AT HOME to clinch a playoff spot, how do we beat any of the current teams in line for a playoff spot?

    Answer - we don't.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  3. #39

    Re: I think I'm getting burned out...

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    If we get there, it's going to be tough to beat anyone. If we can't beat the Charlie Batch, CHARLIE BATCH, led Steelers AT HOME to clinch a playoff spot, how do we beat any of the current teams in line for a playoff spot?

    Answer - we don't.
    Good grief. Look, it was a bad loss for sure, but it was one game. Let's play that game with some other teams:

    If we can't beat the Rams, the 4-6 Rams, how do we beat any of the current teams in line for a playoff spot?
    If we can't beat the Browns, the 2-8 Browns, how do we beat any of the current teams in line for a playoff spot?
    If we can't beat the Seahawks, led by a rookie QB at home, how do we beat any of the current teams in line for a playoff spot?

    Etc., etc., etc....




  4. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    12,585
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: I think I'm getting burned out...

    Quote Originally Posted by Teavo View Post
    The good news is I think you're right.

    The bad news is that I think this 2012 Ravens team is showing us they don't have what it takes to go far in the playoffs. We're not improving as the season progresses. I suppose there is always a chance we get hot at the last minute, but I'm not seeing any signs of it now.

    I know it's early, but I'm thinking we squeak by to win the division, host a wild card team (probably the Colts) and lose at home.
    We're just going to have to see how it plays out. Last year through 12 weeks the Giants were 6-6 and they had just finished up a 4 game losing streak.

    In 2010 the Packers were 8-4. They would go 2-2 in their final 4 games.

    Does anyone remember those regular seasons? Does it even matter? It's what they did in the playoffs that counts and both won 4 games there and became Champions. That's the burnout so many are feeling. We're all just waiting for when it really counts because we expect to in title contention every year.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  5. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hyattsville
    Posts
    2,017
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post

    We're just going to have to see how it plays out. Last year through 12 weeks the Giants were 6-6 and they had just finished up a 4 game losing streak.

    In 2010 the Packers were 8-4. They would go 2-2 in their final 4 games.

    Does anyone remember those regular seasons? Does it even matter? It's what they did in the playoffs that counts and both won 4 games there and became Champions. That's the burnout so many are feeling. We're all just waiting for when it really counts because we expect to in title contention every year.
    But we dont have Rodgers or Eli...we have Avg. Joe. He cant carry a team on a stretch run.




  6. #42

    Re: I think I'm getting burned out...

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Does anyone remember those regular seasons? Does it even matter? It's what they did in the playoffs that counts and both won 4 games there and became Champions.
    Or, does anyone remember the 15-1 Packers last year, or the 13-3 Falcons from 2010, or the 16-0 Patriots from 2007? Well, yes, folks remember the Patriots perfect year, but it makes the point: What you do during the regular season has far less impact in the playoffs than what you do when the elimination games start.

    That's the burnout so many are feeling. We're all just waiting for when it really counts because we expect to in title contention every year.
    I have said this before, and I don't mean any disrespect to anyone in particular, and it applies to me as well, but we have a very spoiled fanbase. In a few years, we could be saying, "Hey, remember when we used to have meaningful games in December?"




  7. #43

    Re: I think I'm getting burned out...

    I agree with the OP 100%. I think part of the reason is; as Ravens fans we have had extreme highs and extreme lows before Harbaugh and crew got here. Now we have a decent QB and WRs and we made it to the playoffs 4 times. Over the past few years we've had high expectations and we have absorbed some very painful loses in the playoffs. Those kind of loses change a sports fan. First it was PITT in the AFC Championship, then it was the terrible loss to PITT in the Divisional round. Then last year topped it all. Call it burnout, call it whatever you want... but I don't care as much anymore.




  8. #44

    Re: I think I'm getting burned out...

    Look. Admit it. This team is lucky to have the record it has. Lots of fortuitous breaks this year. I get frustrated with the fans who don't like it when you criticize the team after a win. "A win is a win" they say. So when Charlie Batch was picking them apart last night, I gotta admit a side of me was kind of glad the Ravens were being exposed for what they are...a decent team that had a rabbit's foot with them this year. They are not a Super Bowl caliber team. Not even close. My frustration was vented yesterday when Batch overthrew the receiver in the endzone, I literally screamed at the TV for the Ravens ineptitude and the fact that they were lucky once again. Absolutely no pass rush. Pittsburgh receivers running free over the middle. Flacco's inconsistency. Boldin and Smith dropping balls. The STUPID Harbaugh challenge. After I vented, I said the heck with it, I'm not going to get so upset over an overrated team with an overrated quarterback. The season will not end with a Super Bowl appearance and I wouldn't be surprised if we lose three of the next four. Yeah, I guess I'm finally burned out too.




  9. #45
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    12,585
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: I think I'm getting burned out...

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Or, does anyone remember the 15-1 Packers last year, or the 13-3 Falcons from 2010, or the 16-0 Patriots from 2007? Well, yes, folks remember the Patriots perfect year, but it makes the point: What you do during the regular season has far less impact in the playoffs than what you do when the elimination games start.

    I have said this before, and I don't mean any disrespect to anyone in particular, and it applies to me as well, but we have a very spoiled fanbase. In a few years, we could be saying, "Hey, remember when we used to have meaningful games in December?"
    It is very spoiled but that's what happens when you are a good franchise. You think the players or coaches feel any differently? They all know the clock is ticking. No team can keep doing this forever. Eventually you have to win or else you become Schottenheimer
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  10. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,251

    Re: I think I'm getting burned out...

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Good grief. Look, it was a bad loss for sure, but it was one game. Let's play that game with some other teams:

    If we can't beat the Rams, the 4-6 Rams, how do we beat any of the current teams in line for a playoff spot?
    If we can't beat the Browns, the 2-8 Browns, how do we beat any of the current teams in line for a playoff spot?
    If we can't beat the Seahawks, led by a rookie QB at home, how do we beat any of the current teams in line for a playoff spot?

    Etc., etc., etc....
    I get your point, but this is a theme. This is who we are and how we approach each game and play. Normally I'd be pissed about a loss, but as someone else said, I was ho-hum -whatever.

    When you go out with the mindset to keep it close, just don't lose it. You're eventually going to run across someone who plays harder, coaches better or wants it more. This week they had at least 2 of the 3, maybe all 3.

    In the playoffs, if they go out an play keep it close don't do anything to cost us the game approach, it will certainly do that. It almost cost us a game against the Texans with a rookie QB last year, and IMO it's what got us behind in the New England game early.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  11. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hazzard County
    Posts
    1,169

    Re: I think I'm getting burned out...

    I had a mini stroke yesterday, but I think it's time to say fuck it. As pointed out, we've seen this story before. I too have come to hate Harbs, because of Cam. Harbs needs to grab Cam by the shorthairs and get him to get his act together. Hasn't/won't happen, so I'm pretty much over Harbs. Then covers the shit up during his presser.




  12. #48
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,251

    Re: I think I'm getting burned out...

    Quote Originally Posted by DrUnk View Post
    I had a mini stroke yesterday, but I think it's time to say fuck it. As pointed out, we've seen this story before. I too have come to hate Harbs, because of Cam. Harbs needs to grab Cam by the shorthairs and get him to get his act together. Hasn't/won't happen, so I'm pretty much over Harbs. Then covers the shit up during his presser.
    I think it's the combo, not just Cam. I believe, the design of the play calls + a conservative approach (from Harb/Cam) = bad offense.

    Same for the D, bend but don't break + let them move the ball, just don't get burnt (from Harbs, IMO) = bad defense
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland