Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 25
  1. #13

    Re: If the sack/'fumble doesn't happen, do we win?



    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    That's the NFL. Games can come down to single plays making the difference.
    Right, and the Ravens have greatly benefitted from that this season. Many more of their wins were down to a single play than their loses. Only the Bengals, Raiders, 2nd Browns and Texan games were non-competitve.




  2. #14

    Re: If the sack/'fumble doesn't happen, do we win?

    It was like 2010 all over again.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  3. #15

    Re: If the sack/'fumble doesn't happen, do we win?

    The Ravens have three solid wins this year. The other six wins could just as easily be losses - and we could be talking about a 3W-9L team. My guess is that the remaining four games are not going to be pretty - or maybe I should say they are going to be pretty ugly!




  4. Re: If the sack/'fumble doesn't happen, do we win?

    Better question.....

    If Joe wasn't asked to wait for receivers to hopefully get open forcing him to hold the ball because of the offensive strategy, game planning and lack of adjustments would he have been put in the position to have to hold the ball to cause the fumble?
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!




  5. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Right Where I need to be
    Posts
    1,310

    Re: If the sack/'fumble doesn't happen, do we win?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Better question.....

    If Joe wasn't asked to wait for receivers to hopefully get open forcing him to hold the ball because of the offensive strategy, game planning and lack of adjustments would he have been put in the position to have to hold the ball to cause the fumble?

    Oh there you go again... Inserting LOGIC to this... What are you thinking?!?!?



















  6. #18

    Re: If the sack/'fumble doesn't happen, do we win?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Better question.....

    If Joe wasn't asked to wait for receivers to hopefully get open forcing him to hold the ball because of the offensive strategy, game planning and lack of adjustments would he have been put in the position to have to hold the ball to cause the fumble?
    He doesn't design the plays though. His job is to execute the play. I understand that he's trying to make a play there and is holding the ball in hopes of getting the 1st down. But the bell needed to ring in his head. He held it too long on that play, plain and simple. He's a starting QB in the National Football League, and it's his job to get rid of the ball or cover it up. At the end of the day, anything else is an excuse.

    It's one of the few times this year when he tried to force something rather than play it safe and live to fight another down. Unfortunately, he did it twice last night, including his Int. as well.




  7. #19

    Re: If the sack/'fumble doesn't happen, do we win?

    Quote Originally Posted by LC_Ravens_87 View Post
    He doesn't design the plays though. His job is to execute the play. I understand that he's trying to make a play there and is holding the ball in hopes of getting the 1st down. But the bell needed to ring in his head. He held it too long on that play, plain and simple. He's a starting QB in the National Football League, and it's his job to get rid of the ball or cover it up. At the end of the day, anything else is an excuse.

    It's one of the few times this year when he tried to force something rather than play it safe and live to fight another down. Unfortunately, he did it twice last night, including his Int. as well.
    Still not his fault.

    It is the coaches position to put players in their best position to succeed. This coaching staff does not do that.

    Joe is damned if he does, damned if he doesnt with this fan base.

    "Throw the ball, stop holding onto it!" - could cause unnecessary INT

    "Why did you throw that ball, he wasnt open!" - could cause unnecessary fumble

    All of this can be fixed with a competent coaching staff.




  8. Re: If the sack/'fumble doesn't happen, do we win?

    Receivers need to come back to the ball and help Joe out...If they don't, he should run the rock.....Either way, you can't blame the loss squarely on Flacco. Defense also needed to step up when it had to at the end. Tired of all you people who put the blame solely Flacco, sick and tired of it




  9. #21

    Re: If the sack/'fumble doesn't happen, do we win?

    Yep. The Ravens have lost several games in the 4th Qtr after either throwing an interception or fumbling the ball. Flacco has needlessly lost to the Steelers this way before, as has Megahee.
    "...but I own his ass!"




  10. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Where Ravens Fans Roam Free
    Posts
    1,913

    Re: If the sack/'fumble doesn't happen, do we win?

    The sack/fumble was a big deal, but honestly, if Batch hits a wide open Mike Wallace in the end zone (a play BR would have definately made) and/or if Sanders doesn't drop the ball when he had a clear path to the end zone, the Steelers could have won anyway. Both teams had a number of injuries, but the fact that the Steelers essentially out-played and out-coached the Ravens in a game that the Ravens should have won has to be very concerning.




  11. #23

    Re: If the sack/'fumble doesn't happen, do we win?

    I think the tide of victory vs defeat turned on 2 roughing hte passer calls.

    When Flacco got a hand in the face, on a 3rd and 10 with little time remaining, no flag was thrown. When Batch got hit late by Kruger, the flag was thrown to seal our fate.

    Back closer tot he OP, that's two consecutive weeks that Oher gave up an important Sack/Fumble in the 4th quarter... last week Ray Rice jsut allowed us to forget it. This week we were not allowed that luxury. Dude is killing us.




  12. #24

    Re: If the sack/'fumble doesn't happen, do we win?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tspot-D-Ravenator View Post
    Receivers need to come back to the ball and help Joe out...If they don't, he should run the rock.....Either way, you can't blame the loss squarely on Flacco. Defense also needed to step up when it had to at the end. Tired of all you people who put the blame solely Flacco, sick and tired of it
    Unless he's scrambling, they're not breaking off the route to come back to the ball. They're going to run the route through, hope to shake the coverage, and then hope Flacco sees them once they're open.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland