Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 49 to 60 of 78
  1. #49

    Re: Do you really want the Biscuit to step in?



    Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    I'm coming to the conclusion that it's really not that talented a team.
    I agree!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton




  2. #50

    Re: Do you really want the Biscuit to step in?

    Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post
    Right, lets just wait this thing out huh?

    We've never had these types of issues before, Harbaugh will surely work them out! We'll never see them again!
    9-3 and with flawed teams weve still been able to get to afcc. So ueah, rather than fire everybody now and throw in the season, ill wait till its over. I want cam gone as much as the next guy but this is pretty lidicrous reaction when at the beginning of the year most wouldhave expected us to split with pitt. Knowing our struggles and the fact thats exactly what we did. Doesnt really change anything for this season.
    -JAB




  3. #51
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pikesville
    Posts
    4,074

    Re: Do you really want the Biscuit to step in?

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    9-3 and with flawed teams weve still been able to get to afcc. So ueah, rather than fire everybody now and throw in the season, ill wait till its over. I want cam gone as much as the next guy but this is pretty lidicrous reaction when at the beginning of the year most wouldhave expected us to split with pitt. Knowing our struggles and the fact thats exactly what we did. Doesnt really change anything for this season.
    Two weeks ago people were claiming that they would be happy winning one game out of the Pit SD Pit run. We won 2 so clearly we suck and should fire everyone.

    I don't get it. Call me a homer or a kool aid drinker or whatever you want but I see a team that wins 3-4 games for every loss and frankly, that's outstanding. For a no talent team with no coaching, and apparently a shitty front office, we sure win a fuck load of games.

    I'm really close to just walking away from this board. The sad thing is that it used to be the best. I don't know if it's the Sun people or some fan base wide case of spoiled brat-itis, but some of the posts I'm seeing are far more pathetic and painful than losing a game ever was.

    Don't expect to hear from me for a while. For my mental health I'm just going to log off for a bit. If I responded to half of these posts the way they deserve, I'd be banned 1000 times over for sure.

    That said, I still believe we have as good a chance as anyone of winning it all this year.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron




  4. #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ball So Hard Universary (BSHU)
    Posts
    1,683
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do you really want the Biscuit to step in?

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    most would have expected us to split with pitt. Knowing our struggles and the fact thats exactly what we did. Doesnt really change anything for this season.
    That's a fair statement. Most did expect a split, but not when Ben went down and we had to face Lefty and Batch and that they would have won their one game at the Ketchup bottle not the Bank.
    Once Ben went down and we beat them at home this should have been another sweep, no questions asked.




  5. #53

    Re: Do you really want the Biscuit to step in?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sua Sponte View Post
    That's a fair statement. Most did expect a split, but not when Ben went down and we had to face Lefty and Batch and that they would have won their one game at the Ketchup bottle not the Bank.
    Once Ben went down and we beat them at home this should have been another sweep, no questions asked.
    And nobody expected to be without Ray and webb, with a band-aided together Ngata and suggs at the beginning of the year.

    im not really arguing that we should have won the game in theory, but that losing it doesnt really change anything for this season based on preseason expectations. at the end of the day were exactly where many/most thought we would be at this point in the year, maybe even better. winning 3 out of every 4 games is a 12-4 season and honestly not too many people had us being that good this year to begin with. 13-3 seems a bit lofty at the moment, but its not like this team hasnt had duds against inferior teams just to run off wins against better teams in the past to finish with a strong record (see 2011). Its also been a popular recipe for superbowl winners to look down right average but be damn near invincible once in the playoffs (Giants, Packers, etc). Im not saying were either of these things for certain, but only time will tell.

    I still remember a year or two ago when we beat some inferior team and did the same old bitching that we do after any "lackluster" win or loss. Their fan base basically called us out for being ungrateful, because they would "kill to have our record." I cant say i disagree, at 9-3 and 2nd in the AFC (pretty sure we have a tie breaker with NE), people want us to fire our entire coaching staff and FO and rebuild because of a loss to a divisional rival, owner of one of the best defenses in the league, in a close game. give some credit to the steelers and move on. I can tolerate firing Cam, I can deal with criticism of Pees, but werve been a consistent winner since Joe and Harbaugh have been here when we werent at all years prior. I dont wish to go back to seasons where were looking forward to april in november. I really hope our team takes the positives and builds on the game rather than throwing in the towel like some of their fans.
    -JAB




  6. #54

    Re: Do you really want the Biscuit to step in?

    Losing to Charlie Batch at home is inexcusable.




  7. #55
    It's not about predictions, it's about wasting opportunities.
    PIT with a 3rd string QB and OL backups, at home, to clinch a playoff spot = should be a win 10 out of 10 times...purr-e-id.
    Back to the AFCCG we go. So get ready!

    Having fun talking football on Twitter @BigPlayReceiver




  8. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Middle River
    Posts
    2,980
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Do you really want the Biscuit to step in?

    Steve won't step in before offseason, and then to be the lightening rod, and draw all criticism to himself and away from his employees.

    That trait/talent is also in Harbaugh.
    Head coaches don't have to be skilled OC or DC people.
    Someone else here reminded us of Offensive Guru Billick winning on D and defensive guru Dungy willinf on O.

    What a HC has to do is maintain unity, motivation, keeping the team together and focused, and Harbs is very very good at that.
    He will hang himself out before pubically exposing anyone.

    That is his strength, it is also his weakness. Someone like that needs help in letting people go, and I'm sure there have been quiet (fact-finding?) discussions between Steve and others (Oz, Cass), but nothing imminent.

    As an aside, I really believe that this is why Joe Gibbs retired the first time. The team had to be house-cleaned.... the Donnie Warrens, Jeff Bostics..... Gibbs left after 1992, Art Monk was a Jet in 1994, his team was againg and near the end of its run. We are not unlike that with Lewis, Reed (but we did Mase, Todd, Gregg, McG, JJ so in that sense better off than what Gibbs faced)

    There is a major grey area in the loyalty to your people and the overall good of the team.... some of it is easy, and some is crazy complicated.
    I think Harbs with his coaches is complicated. I think he should and probably will stay, but he needs upper management to step in to do some surgery.... and I really think we will hear of it, quietly after the season.

    I remember Bisciotti's Billick decision, he was on the fence, decided to keep Brian then came quickly back and said No, best if you go.... but it wasn't simple, or easy, or done without a lot of agonizing/wrestling thought on Steve's part.
    And this off-season will be no different of an evaluation.
    My gut says Harbs continues (he is still too good at what his job is), Cam goes and Pees I have no idea
    Heinz Field Ketchup official ketchup of the Ravens?




  9. #57

    Re: Do you really want the Biscuit to step in?

    Bah, you stick Harbaugh on a less talented team and he would struggle to be .500

    Fact is the cupboard here has been well stocked, for years and one way or another, someone busts in and eats our championship dinner.




  10. #58
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    1,430

    Re: Do you really want the Biscuit to step in?

    Good lord, you guys must have huge dentist bills as much as you gnash your teeth. Look, Cam is going to be gone this offseason. He hung on because they didn't want to make a change during the lockout and then last year they were a dropped pass away from the SB, and he got a reprieve. Harbaugh is NOT going to throw him under the bus publicly to satisfy you all, nor is he going to fire him during the season. Nor should he, on either count. Yeah, I know, 2006. One time it worked. Doesn't mean it would work here and now.

    I'm not saying Harbaugh is perfect, because he's not. None of them are. Billick wasn't, Ozzie isn't. But he's a good coach. They're running the worst defense we've had since '02 or '98 out there every week, Cam is a problem, and yet they're still 9-3. Christ, you'd think we were rooting for a team in Ohio or something.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...





  11. #59

    Re: Do you really want the Biscuit to step in?

    Sorry ESMD, but at this point, firing Cam and letting Caldwell and Flacco come up with any game plan is better than letting Cam damage this team's record anymore. This isn't going to get better or fix itself.




  12. #60
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    1,430

    Re: Do you really want the Biscuit to step in?

    We'll have to agree to disagree. You start firing coaches and then all of a sudden you're in full panic mode, the media is feasting even more than it is now, and the whole thing becomes a circus. Especially at this point in the season. Fassel was fired in Week 6 I believe, when they were 4-2 and still somewhat under the radar coming off of an under .500 season. They were somewhat of an afterthought, at least on the national level. If they fired Cam now (or anytime this season really, since they're much more high profile now than in '06), I think the distraction would outweigh any benefit that might occur.

    Oh, and FWIW, Norv Turner as OC sounds like a winner to me. Pees deserves another chance with the cast of characters he's had to work with this year due to FA defection and injury. And a good draft sure as hell wouldn't hurt.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland