Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 37 to 48 of 63

Thread: Deadskins

  1. #37

    Re: Deadskins



    I predict Flacco will lose another 5-10 million on his new contract offer this week
    While RGIII goes for about 300 yds passing, 75 yds rushing, and 4 scores




  2. #38

    Re: Deadskins

    I think the Redskins have a very good offense (#7 in yards and #8 in points). I cannot see the Ravens holding them to less than 20 points.

    Which means the Ravens offense going to have to break out of their scoring slump and put some points up on the board. The good news: The Redskins defense is much worse than what the Ravens have faced the past few weeks (the Redskins have actually given up more yards than the Raiders).

    This game will come down to Flacco and the offense. If they can execute and capitalize on the plays that will be there, they have a very good chance of winning the game. If they struggle, I don't think the defense will be able to bail them out like they did in Pittsburgh, Cleveland and San Diego.




  3. #39

    Re: Deadskins

    Quote Originally Posted by kojo View Post
    there may be a silver lining to this...
    keep in mind that this is a divisional rivalry game with major playoff implications on the line. The skins, losing record and all, usually play the Giants tough just as the Steelers do us Ben or no Ben...with John Beck and Rex Grossman, the terrible skins swept the Giants last year and those same 9-7 Giants went on to win the super bowl. This year, the Rams are terrible playing teams outside of their division but have managed to go 4-0-1 in their own division, including knocking off and tying the 49ers, and they are considered "Elite" by NFL standards.
    Ahhhh...perspective. Don't offer any of that around here this week. The Ravens are going to lose the rest of their games, didn't you hear?

    Never mind....




  4. #40

    Re: Deadskins

    Here we go crowning the 6-6 Redskins...

    Their defense has given up a whopping 301 points already.. Only the Colts defense is worse for teams with a shot at making the playoffs.

    I will say this - I'm jealous of their offense. Morris is a hell of a find in the 6th round.. RG III is Mike Vick with a brain and a better arm.. A couple more moves at offensive skill positions and they just may be the next Tecmo Bowl type offense to start lighting up scoreboards every Sunday.




  5. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    12,260
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Deadskins

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Record aside, they are the better team. I say the Redskins beat us by 10.
    The Redskins don't have better personnel. It's not even close.
    Last edited by GOTA; 12-04-2012 at 11:09 AM.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  6. #42

    Re: Deadskins

    This is off topic: I am baffled by certain people on here are saying "We don't have a chance", "Oh we are not going to win another game for the rest of the season. Lets give up since we not a good team etc etc. Its make me uneased to be a fan. I mean come on guys. We are better than this. . I get it their not the best and i am defintely not a Cam fan but seriously we sound like we quitters instead of winners. We have to support the team no matter what happens.

    Back to the original topic: RG3 is a stud and also Morris. But their defense epsecially their secondary is suspect. I think we will win by close game. There i have faith in our team.




  7. #43

    Re: Deadskins

    Most of you are giving the Redskins way too much credit. They are a good team and certainly RG3 is a force to be reckoned with but seriously they are 6-6 for a reason. It comes down to matchups and most likely we attack the Redskins differently than the Giants did.
    The ravens are a resilient team and I'm confident they'll play much better coming off a loss, more often than not they usually follow up a loss with an ugly win.




  8. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Waldorf, MD
    Posts
    1,959

    Re: Deadskins

    Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Most of you are giving the Redskins way too much credit. They are a good team and certainly RG3 is a force to be reckoned with but seriously they are 6-6 for a reason. It comes down to matchups and most likely we attack the Redskins differently than the Giants did.
    The ravens are a resilient team and I'm confident they'll play much better coming off a loss, more often than not they usually follow up a loss with an ugly win.
    Come on man, the Deadskins are not "a good team"--they have a rookie QB who is having "a good season" behind the a gimmick offense that will be thoroughly dissected by defensive coordinators across the league this off season and will lose its effectiveness long-term. Same thing with Cam Newton last year, granted RGIII is more athletic, accurate and smarter than Newton. Ironically, they lost to Cam Newton's Panthers a few weeks ago, so I like our chances.




  9. #45

    Re: Deadskins

    Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    Come on man, the Deadskins are not "a good team"--they have a rookie QB who is having "a good season" behind the a gimmick offense that will be thoroughly dissected by defensive coordinators across the league this off season and will lose its effectiveness long-term. Same thing with Cam Newton last year, granted RGIII is more athletic, accurate and smarter than Newton. Ironically, they lost to Cam Newton's Panthers a few weeks ago, so I like our chances.
    I am not going to discount their offense. I think it is very effective given the way that RG3 executes it. I will say that it will get him killed eventually; he is taking way too many hits.




  10. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Waldorf, MD
    Posts
    1,959

    Re: Deadskins

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    I am not going to discount their offense. I think it is very effective given the way that RG3 executes it. I will say that it will get him killed eventually; he is taking way too many hits.
    Nah, I give the Shanahan's credit, I wish we had a real OC that was half as creative as either of them.




  11. #47

    Re: Deadskins

    Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    Come on man, the Deadskins are not "a good team"--they have a rookie QB who is having "a good season" behind the a gimmick offense that will be thoroughly dissected by defensive coordinators across the league this off season and will lose its effectiveness long-term. Same thing with Cam Newton last year, granted RGIII is more athletic, accurate and smarter than Newton. Ironically, they lost to Cam Newton's Panthers a few weeks ago, so I like our chances.
    Okay. My bad. I didn't realize there was one poster giving very little credit to the skins. 6-6 is average but for most people 9-3 is terrible. I'm cautiously optimistic about our chances for two reason. Our recent lack of offense and our road struggles.




  12. #48

    Re: Deadskins

    Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    Nah, I give the Shanahan's credit, I wish we had a real OC that was half as creative as either of them.
    Yes, because that creative redskins offense looked so great against the Steelers right?




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland