Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 100

Thread: John Harbaugh

  1. #1

    John Harbaugh



    After reading http://russellstreetreport.com/raven...ust-in-flacco/, I thought of John Harbaugh. We have been calling for Cam's head, but we should put Harbaugh under the microscope.

    Yes, I am mindful of his records; however, I think it is the testimony of the talents on the roster (including some great coaches/coordinators) rather than his coaching acumen. Admittedly, I do not have inside source nor do I know what is going on behind the scene. However, I find it troubling that this football team does not trust its best offensive players (be it Flacco or Ray Rice) down the stretch during a trying time. We can point our fingers at Cam Cameron, but the buck stops with the head coach.

    I think this season, particularly last Sunday, has clearly been the "lack of execution" on John's part. Does he even hold his coaches accountable as he holds certain players accountable?

    Is the lack of imagination or identity on our team a reflection of the leadership at helm, which is John?

    Your thoughts?





  2. #2

    Re: John Harbaugh

    I think John Harbaugh better have one of those defining "Billick" moments of clarity and make some changes fast or this team is going down the shitter fast.




  3. #3

    Re: John Harbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by kronusthebonus View Post
    I think John Harbaugh better have one of those defining "Billick" moments of clarity and make some changes fast or this team is going down the shitter fast.
    What is a "Billick" moment?




  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Cockeysville, MD
    Posts
    3,075

    Re: John Harbaugh

    I posted this in another thread and I think it bears repeating. Does anyone here for a second believe Harbaugh could have led the Ravens to victory over a Roethlisberger led Steelers team at Heinz field with Tyrod Taylor or Curtis Painter at starting Qb? Especially with a division title at stake? I say no way.




  5. #5

    Re: John Harbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by Random Thoughts View Post
    What is a "Billick" moment?
    Shitcanning your OC mid season. Radically change how your offense operates (ala 2000)

    Give Billick credit, he wasn't afraid to change shit on the fly.




  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    23,022
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: John Harbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    I posted this in another thread and I think it bears repeating. Does anyone here for a second believe Harbaugh could have led the Ravens to victory over a Roethlisberger led Steelers team at Heinz field with Tyrod Taylor or Curtis Painter at starting Qb? Especially with a division title at stake? I say no way.
    I don't believe so.
    When it comes to quarterbacks, don't pay attention to stats; pay attention to guys who make crucial plays at crucial times. -Gil Brandt


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/




  7. #7

    Re: John Harbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    I posted this in another thread and I think it bears repeating. Does anyone here for a second believe Harbaugh could have led the Ravens to victory over a Roethlisberger led Steelers team at Heinz field with Tyrod Taylor or Curtis Painter at starting Qb? Especially with a division title at stake? I say no way.
    If Pittsburgh had a below-average defense, with injuries to key players, yes, he could.




  8. #8

    Re: John Harbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by kronusthebonus View Post
    Give Billick credit, he wasn't afraid to change shit on the fly.
    Wow. Just wow.




  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Cockeysville, MD
    Posts
    3,075

    Re: John Harbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    If Pittsburgh had a below-average defense, with injuries to key players, yes, he could.
    I'm talking this year. With the same teams.




  10. #10

    Re: John Harbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    I'm talking this year. With the same teams.
    Probably not. But then again, if the Ravens defense was better, I doubt that Batch/Tomlin win, either. Tomlin and Harbaugh are in completely different scenarios with where there teams are at in terms of injuries and strengths/weaknesses.

    Put another way, when both teams were at full strength, Harbaugh has won his fair share of games with Tomlin.




  11. #11

    Re: John Harbaugh

    We are dealing with major injuries to our best players on defense (Webb/Ray/Suggs) and their backups (J. Smith/Ellerbe). That is a major depth issue for us where we have 3rd stringers starting. But the Steelers have depth issues as well on offensive line, at running back and obviously at QB where they are starting 3rd stringers. The one thing that I take away from it all is that Tomlin is getting much more out of his 3rd stringers than Harbaugh is.




  12. #12

    Re: John Harbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by RAPHENS View Post
    The one thing that I take away from it all is that Tomlin is getting much more out of his 3rd stringers than Harbaugh is.
    Too bad his record doesn't reflect it...




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland