Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
Results 109 to 120 of 128

Thread: Suggs and Guns

  1. #109

    Re: Suggs and Guns



    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I was just commenting to my wife that once we have children of our own, I will be carrying as much as possible. I don't care if it means a change in lifestyle and I know statistically the chances of these types of shootings really happening are infinitesimal.

    But I don't care. Even if there's a small chance, I am going to make sure I am prepared to defend my wife and children.
    This is completely an understandable, and quite rational, attitude.

    Now, square it with "Gun Free School Zones".

    I found this tidbit of history interesting: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster

    So not even the worst elementary school murder. Sadly, the human race has been doing evil forever...




  2. #110
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Detroit Michigan
    Posts
    1,906
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I was just commenting to my wife that once we have children of our own, I will be carrying as much as possible. I don't care if it means a change in lifestyle and I know statistically the chances of these types of shootings really happening are infinitesimal.

    But I don't care. Even if there's a small chance, I am going to make sure I am prepared to defend my wife and children.
    AMEN.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

    –Eleanor Roosevelt




  3. #111
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    21,518

    Re: Suggs and Guns

    FNC and CNN are pissing me off.

    If I hear that the .223 round is a "powerful" round / weapon one more time, I am going to thrown my wine at the TV.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  4. #112
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Posts
    6,822

    Re: Suggs and Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    If I hear that the .223 round is a "powerful" round / weapon one more time, I am going to thrown my wine at the TV.
    Thats so dumb, it made my brain hurt.
    "I got this." - Justin Tucker




  5. #113
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    24,700
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Suggs and Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I don't for one second pretend to be a bad ass, but I am right here with you. I would have done it without hesitation.
    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I dont pretend to be a badass either but i think in this case even being unarmed a rage would boil over me and attempt to inflict as much pain as possible or die trying.

    Honestly one to the head is to easy of a way out for the prick.
    Being a badass has nothing to do with it. I get where you guys are coming from and I'm not going to lie and pretend that I'm spec ops or something, but I can honestly say with conviction that in a situation like this or similar, if it meant protecting my family or kids, I wouldn't think twice about it and I wouldn't be sorry about it either.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  6. #114
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,187

    Re: Suggs and Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Being a badass has nothing to do with it. I get where you guys are coming from and I'm not going to lie and pretend that I'm spec ops or something, but I can honestly say with conviction that in a situation like this or similar, if it meant protecting my family or kids, I wouldn't think twice about it and I wouldn't be sorry about it either.
    In this situation it wouldn't even have to be my kids.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  7. #115
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    24,700
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Suggs and Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    In this situation it wouldn't even have to be my kids.
    Agreed.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  8. #116
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Detroit Michigan
    Posts
    1,906
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    FNC and CNN are pissing me off.

    If I hear that the .223 round is a "powerful" round / weapon one more time, I am going to thrown my wine at the TV.
    Dude. Absolutely brutal to listen to.

    Edit: Correct me if I'm wrong, but is it not a mouse gun?
    Last edited by Sirdowski; 12-14-2012 at 09:38 PM.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

    –Eleanor Roosevelt




  9. #117
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    21,518

    Re: Suggs and Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by Sirdowski View Post
    Dude. Absolutely brutal to listen to.

    Edit: Correct me if I'm wrong, but is it not a mouse gun?
    .223 is used for varmint in the civilian world.

    In the military word, the round is used to wound soldiers on the battlefield. The thinking of NATO was to use a less powerful round so that when a soldier was shot and wounded, it would require two more shoulders to then remove the wounded soldier from the field of battle, thus making the enemy even more combat ineffective then if you simply killed the soldier.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  10. #118
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Detroit Michigan
    Posts
    1,906
    Thanks, I thought so.

    Use to always shoot a mini-14 when ever we'd have a friendly competition at my buddies property. I thought I remembered hearing that name thrown around.

    Fun little gun to shoot with the iron sights.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

    –Eleanor Roosevelt




  11. #119
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    21,518

    Re: Suggs and Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Thats so dumb, it made my brain hurt.
    I know you've fired this weapons more than once so you'll appreciate this .....

    706262_469859789718835_1311295736_o.jpg
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  12. #120

    Re: Suggs and Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by Sirdowski View Post
    Thanks, I thought so.

    Use to always shoot a mini-14 when ever we'd have a friendly competition at my buddies property. I thought I remembered hearing that name thrown around.

    Fun little gun to shoot with the iron sights.
    Their verbage is very incorrect. It is a VERY small round, thta travels at a high speed. What that means is that FAR LESS energy is transferred to the target then a standard hand gun round. It will go right through someoen, as opposed to an expanding pistol round slowing down much faster in the body.
    HIgh power? No
    High sped, yes,.
    High penetration - yes.

    And the above picture is very poingnat. State laws dictate they carry the same maximum rounds in a clip, etc. The AR is simply more lightweight, and that is about it for most shooters. There are more "cool" attachments and rails to fasten them to, but the firearms themselves are nearly interchangeable. The whole folding/telescoping stocks part of the laws, and their affect on Overall Length are a complete and utter joke. As if that AR is any easier to conceal then the mini-14 with it's stock on hte shortest setting? Heck an AR pistol is not concealment friendly at all.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland