Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 49 to 60 of 69
  1. #49

    Re: Cam Cameron (10 years)



    Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    you kidding me right? They dared us to throw the deep ball? NO they did exactly what other teams been doing since october and september, they took away smith with the over and under coverage blankted the sidelines from 10-15 and they spied rice the whole game. You did get 1/3rd of that right, where they dared us to throw the deep ball is in the middle of the field with one safety in cover 1. But your dude Cam call any plays to the middle of the field? did he flood the zones with multiple WR sets? did he spread them out to take advantage of that one safety cover? fuck no! try again dude.
    Yes. They dared us to throw the deep ball. They stuck their back up corners in man coverage against Torrey Smith showing absolutely no respect for either Flacco or Smith. There WAS no over/under coverage most of the game. That's the point. 43 was up at the line all game shadowing 27. The corners were on an island. Back up corners. If anything, the middle was completely clogged up. The game plan was fine. Don't believe me? Check out film study's blog on this very board. He supports everything I claim.




  2. #50
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    8,810
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Cam Cameron (10 years)

    Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    We should NEVER be running the no huddle anymore as far as I'm concerned. Ever.
    I disagree. They struggled on the road, but they have to work through it. Flacco is still the 3rd highest rated QB at home with a 100.7 QB rating, and he's averaging 300 yards a game at home. He's been bipolar on the road though as we all know, as he's ranked among the bottom. The offensive line has also given up 7 more sacks on the road then at home.




  3. #51
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Right Where I need to be
    Posts
    1,308

    Re: Cam Cameron (10 years)

    Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    Yes. They dared us to throw the deep ball. They stuck their back up corners in man coverage against Torrey Smith showing absolutely no respect for either Flacco or Smith. There WAS no over/under coverage most of the game. That's the point. 43 was up at the line all game shadowing 27. The corners were on an island. Back up corners. If anything, the middle was completely clogged up. The game plan was fine. Don't believe me? Check out film study's blog on this very board. He supports everything I claim.
    Umm, ok, So who was left to clog the middle?!?




  4. #52
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    where my head touches the pillow
    Posts
    5,026
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Cam Cameron (10 years)

    Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    The thing that people don't get, for whatever reason, is that the reason the offense seems to have regressed is because it HAS been opened up more and the reason Flacco had more success early was because it was scaled back/dumbed down.

    Flacco looked like he was ready to take the next step when it wasn't an offense designed around him. He had the arm, he could make any throw, and he was able to come through WHEN CALLED UPON. Then in year 3 or so they opened it up for him to come through at ALL TIMES and he's pretty much by and large fallen well short of expectations.

    And honestly, please don't bring up last year's playoffs as a defense. He was awful against Houston (we scored twice on offense, both on drives starting in the red zone) and he was very good against a New England defense that everyone was very good against.
    If, I'm sitting here watching the game and I call damn near 70% of the plays the Ravens run on offense before they even run it, you know damn well the opposing team knows exactly what they are going to run 97%, teams know what we are going to run they sit on the routes, last 2 seasons it was zone coverage now this season is man coverage, the scheme has flaws, a good scheme beats any coverage. Schemes begin with coaches not players, as coach you put you players in situations to succeed, if 31-32 teams know what your are going to thats not putting your players in a situation to succeed now is it?




  5. #53

    Re: Cam Cameron (10 years)

    Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    The thing that people don't get, for whatever reason, is that the reason the offense seems to have regressed is because it HAS been opened up more and the reason Flacco had more success early was because it was scaled back/dumbed down.

    Flacco looked like he was ready to take the next step when it wasn't an offense designed around him. He had the arm, he could make any throw, and he was able to come through WHEN CALLED UPON. Then in year 3 or so they opened it up for him to come through at ALL TIMES and he's pretty much by and large fallen well short of expectations.

    And honestly, please don't bring up last year's playoffs as a defense. He was awful against Houston (we scored twice on offense, both on drives starting in the red zone) and he was very good against a New England defense that everyone was very good against.
    We opened it up some, and we certainly throw more, and he has been given more latitude in terms of simple audibles, but I still think we run less variable, more predictable plays. Plays that are designed to avoid risks (the middle of the field), quick-decisions (check-with-me hot reads based on pre-snap looks), and complicated progressions (flooding zones, double-moves, bunched formation rubs, etc vs. bombs and outs).

    I am not arguing that Joe is blameless, quite the contrary, but I think that Cam's offense has issues in a 2012-style NFL, at least his offense here that is designed with Joe as the QB. I think it avoids the chances of turnover-fest games, but at the expense of total potential production. And like I said, depending on the quality of your QB, that trade-off may indeed increase your chances of winning; it also may not.




  6. #54
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    where my head touches the pillow
    Posts
    5,026
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Cam Cameron (10 years)

    Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    Yes. They dared us to throw the deep ball. They stuck their back up corners in man coverage against Torrey Smith showing absolutely no respect for either Flacco or Smith. There WAS no over/under coverage most of the game. That's the point. 43 was up at the line all game shadowing 27. The corners were on an island. Back up corners. If anything, the middle was completely clogged up. The game plan was fine. Don't believe me? Check out film study's blog on this very board. He supports everything I claim.
    Wrong they had the corner trail Torrey under while the safety shading the middle had the over coverage, they know jocaboy only runs intermediate routes so they leave all the underneath stuff to the nickel defender and LBs, everyone in this world knows pittsburgh is soft up the middle, thise seam routes are open all day, Ravens had one pass to pitta up the middle and it was money, after that is went away. They blanketed boldin in those pathetic curl routes by the backer and zone the corners on the hashes.. try again dude.




  7. #55

    Re: Cam Cameron (10 years)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Wrong they had the corner trail Torrey under while the safety shading the middle had the over coverage, they know jocaboy only runs intermediate routes so they leave all the underneath stuff to the nickel defender and LBs, everyone in this world knows pittsburgh is soft up the middle, thise seam routes are open all day, Ravens had one pass to pitta up the middle and it was money, after that is went away. They blanketed boldin in those pathetic curl routes by the backer and zone the corners on the hashes.. try again dude.

    lol you try again, dude. we also had several "money" passes on the outside as boldin breezed past #31 repeatedly. The steelers game plan was 1. take away ray rice 2. if you get beat, get beat on the outside.




  8. #56
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    where my head touches the pillow
    Posts
    5,026
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Cam Cameron (10 years)

    Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    lol you try again, dude. we also had several "money" passes on the outside as boldin breezed past #31 repeatedly. The steelers game plan was 1. take away ray rice 2. if you get beat, get beat on the outside.
    they did not take away Rice he broke one FOR A TD remember that? they took away rice as flacco's dump off. they played the deep ball day, by shading the outside hashes, I won't defend flacco because he looke liked shit as well, but there is reason why he hold on to the ball that long because theres no one open! the steelers played not to get beat deep and Cam played right into their hands, like he's done pretty much all season long with most teams we have played. If the players didn't execute then explain why Rice or Pierce didn't see one hand off in the 4th qtr?




  9. #57

    Re: Cam Cameron (10 years)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sua Sponte View Post
    So I guess a good QB and a Hall of Fame RB and a great TE is no talent. This thread is not about Flacco, it's about Cam being mediocre so unless you can show some kind of legit reason that Cam is above average or even average than your missing the point.

    Is this Cam's son? You little Ginger, go back to school...
    Damn you got me, get off your Iphone and pay attention.
    Not to mention Vincent Jackson didnt take off until 2008 - coincidentally the year cam left.




  10. #58

    Re: Cam Cameron (10 years)

    Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post
    Not to mention Vincent Jackson didnt take off until 2008 - coincidentally the year cam left.
    And you realized Cam drafted him in 2005 right?

    Also what has AJ Smith done in San Diego after Wade and Cam left? Maybe there's a reason why Cam is having trouble implementing his ideas within the Ravens offense since apparently Ozzie and Harbaugh run the team.




  11. #59
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    26,365
    Blog Entries
    3
    This thread is chock full of troll.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  12. #60
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ball So Hard Universary (BSHU)
    Posts
    1,685
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Cam Cameron (10 years)

    So throwing the ball deep on ever 2nd and short and then coming back with some shit the bed hitch route is a good game plan against a Defense that is playing from the hashes out. It really is quite simple for a DB to only have to worry about covering from the hashes out. Also a deep ball stragey is not planning a successful game plan with nothing over the middle.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland