Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 49 to 60 of 67

Thread: Lose out

  1. #49

    Re: Lose out



    Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    Get Jimmy Smith back and watch him get burned with double moves by Brady, Schaub or Manning? Lmao. Getting Jimmy Smith back is not going to help us. And teams getting hot in December in recent years en route to Super Bowl victories have had elite quarterbacks like Eli and Aaron Rodgers. We have Flacco...and Cam. And the idiot Harbaugh. Enough said..
    Really getting tired of hearing how Eli is an elite QB when evidence is to the contrary statistically, W/L wise, etc:




  2. #50
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Waldorf, MD
    Posts
    1,954

    Re: Lose out

    Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Really getting tired of hearing how Eli is an elite QB when evidence is to the contrary statistically, W/L wise, etc:
    Eli has hardware and look at his career playoff stats and his playoff record. That to me = Elite.




  3. #51

    Re: Lose out

    Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Sorry, guys, but tanking the rest of the season isn't very likely to help your cause.

    The Ravens will be in the playoffs even if they finish 9-7 unless both Pittsburgh & Cincinnati finish at 9-6-1--win their remaining games except tie with one another. Considering that in the last 10 years' worth of regular season play--over 2,560 games--there have been exactly 2 ties (PHA@CIN, 11/16/2008, and STL@SF, 11/11/2012), that ain't bloody likely. They'll still be drafting at #21 or worse.
    Sure it can losing 5 in a row to end a season or 6 in row will cost coaches jobs, that's what we want.




  4. #52

    Re: Lose out

    Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    Eli has hardware and look at his career playoff stats and his playoff record. That to me = Elite.
    Eli's hardware isn't all about what Eli did to get it. And Flacco's playoff record isn't exactly shit either. Ignore the other stats and the fact that he also hasn't lit the world on fire, nor has he put his team on his shoulders at any point in his career, and he's not elite. He's a good QB that makes/made a lot of the same mistakes Flacco has, gets hot and cold too, throws gawd awful picks sometimes, and got some help from David Tyree to win his first SB.

    If Peyton Manning didn't exist, no one would think Eli is elite. His name gets him that.




  5. #53

    Re: Lose out

    I see both sides but I just can't wish them to lose out. At this point I'm so pissed off and emotionally drained that it doesn't bother me if they lose anymore. Today's game actually made me laugh, I'm just numb to this season. But in my heart of hearts I truly believe that we can hot at the right time. Someone said above jimmy smith may not be valuable coming back and you may be right, but the op also said Ellerbe suggs and ray which will make a difference. Combine that with cam actually running rice today and you have an average team that has shown flashes of brilliance and has the capability to put points on the board. You can look at this one of two ways. One as a team that has done something this year they didn't last year, excluding the last two weeks is win the close games and games they should. Two you could flip that and say we're lucky to be 9-4 and should have lost to kc,dal,sd,cle etc. The point is we didn't, we are who we are. I could sit here and say injuries aren't an excuse , next man up... Etc etc, but the point is our top two corners are out, hall of fame MLB out, dpoy out, starting MLB out. The ravens do not have the depth nor the talent to withstand those kinds of losses and yet we are still 9-4. I am completely on board for getting Cameron and pees out of here but you have to take the good with the bad. The ravens have been extremely fortunate to not have many huge injuries in seasons past but this year it has hit hard. This combined with the winning ways as of late and lack of talent due to cap issues and you have an extremely spoiled fan base. I will never root for my team to lose. You all sound like Cleveland fans, since when is making the playoffs considered a failure. The season starts week 18, ill be drunk and screaming my lungs out at my tv. Now and forever GO RAVENS!!




  6. #54

    Re: Lose out

    Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    Get Jimmy Smith back and watch him get burned with double moves by Brady, Schaub or Manning?
    Whoa

    Brady, Schaub & Manning also play WIDE RECEIVER?!





  7. #55

    Re: Lose out

    Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Eli's hardware isn't all about what Eli did to get it. And Flacco's playoff record isn't exactly shit either. Ignore the other stats and the fact that he also hasn't lit the world on fire, nor has he put his team on his shoulders at any point in his career, and he's not elite. He's a good QB that makes/made a lot of the same mistakes Flacco has, gets hot and cold too, throws gawd awful picks sometimes, and got some help from David Tyree to win his first SB.

    If Peyton Manning didn't exist, no one would think Eli is elite. His name gets him that.
    I think anybody that says Eli Manning is elite yet criticizes Joe loses a little credibility. Theyre eerily similar with Eli having many more turnovers, which people typically criticize joe for his decision making. Thats also in a better offensive system, with much better talent. I cant see anything making him Elite.
    -JAB




  8. #56
    Two rings >>> "elite"
    Back to the AFCCG we go. So get ready!

    Having fun talking football on Twitter @BigPlayReceiver




  9. #57
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Back in Limeyland
    Posts
    772

    Re: Lose out

    This is the most embarrassing thread I've ever seen on this board. Have we inherited a bunch of Browns fans this season?

    Anyone still feeling this way this morning should just GTFO and back to your UFC DVDs and Madden franchise.




  10. #58

    Re: Lose out

    Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Two rings >>> "elite"
    hey trent dilfer got a ring too, guess he was "elite"... odd hes never in the conversations with Marino.
    -JAB




  11. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    hey trent dilfer got a ring too, guess he was "elite"... odd hes never in the conversations with Marino.
    1. Are you having trouble doing math today? Two. TWO!

    2. Marino is elite but we both know he'd rather have TWO rings than twenty-TWO NFL records
    Back to the AFCCG we go. So get ready!

    Having fun talking football on Twitter @BigPlayReceiver




  12. #60

    Re: Lose out

    Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    1. Are you having trouble doing math today? Two. TWO!

    2. Marino is elite but we both know he'd rather have TWO rings than twenty-TWO NFL records
    Jim Plunkett won 2 superbowls... i can also do the math that says he threw more INTs than TDs and was only a 67.5 rated qb his entire career.

    Its a team sport and Eli had an astounding cast to win his two SBs. that doesnt mean hes one of the best Qbs in the league.
    -JAB




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland