Page 186 of 333 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190196236286 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,232 of 3987
  1. #2221
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,107
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread



    Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    I watched most of Oregon's games this year, mainly because they're fun to watch. I can't say I know a lot about Alonzo's overall game, but you hear his name a lot on the broadcasts. Phil Steele has him listed at 6'4" 246 in his preseason guide. Don't know his speed but he always seemed to be around the ball. No clue about him dropping into coverage though. Still, for a guy who probably won't be drafted, IMHO in the first 3 rounds, he's one to watch.
    Bucky Brooks has him as the number 3 ILB right now. His stock will rise.




  2. #2222
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Wilmington, North Carolina
    Posts
    2,304
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Has anybody seen anything recent on Ricky Wagner (LT, Wisconsin)? I didn't watch a lot of the Senior Bowl stuff, so I don't know if he was there or not.

    Anyway, right now NFL.com has his draft grade at 69.1. For comparison, Quesenberry (who most of us kind of liked) is at 69.2. I assume Quesenberry is more highly thought of than that at this point, but you get the idea...

    Wagner was rated by Phil Steele as the #2 Tackle in college football entering the year. He was HM All Big 10 in 2011 as a LT. Had a knee injury this year and wasn't as good.


    Projects as a RT.

    But what I think of witha guy like this is Alex Boone. Boone was the #1 tackle in college going into his Sr year at Ohio State. Fell off the radar the last year, and went either UDFA or 7th round. Now he's a starting guard for the 49ers.

    Hell of a lot better developmental player than, say, Ramon Harewood, I would say.

    So just curious if anybody's heard more about this guy, and as a side point, the next time we "develop" a O-line project, I hope its a guy with some kind of pedigree at least, who got undervalued, rather than some dude hasn't played a lot of football, but is "big."
    No one likes us, and we don't care.




  3. #2223
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Wilmington, North Carolina
    Posts
    2,304
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Bucky Brooks has him as the number 3 ILB right now. His stock will rise.

    Dang! That's quite something. I think the height/speed combo must be heavily in his favor.
    No one likes us, and we don't care.




  4. #2224
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,107
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    Has anybody seen anything recent on Ricky Wagner (LT, Wisconsin)? I didn't watch a lot of the Senior Bowl stuff, so I don't know if he was there or not.

    Anyway, right now NFL.com has his draft grade at 69.1. For comparison, Quesenberry (who most of us kind of liked) is at 69.2. I assume Quesenberry is more highly thought of than that at this point, but you get the idea...

    Wagner was rated by Phil Steele as the #2 Tackle in college football entering the year. He was HM All Big 10 in 2011 as a LT. Had a knee injury this year and wasn't as good.


    Projects as a RT.

    But what I think of witha guy like this is Alex Boone. Boone was the #1 tackle in college going into his Sr year at Ohio State. Fell off the radar the last year, and went either UDFA or 7th round. Now he's a starting guard for the 49ers.

    Hell of a lot better developmental player than, say, Ramon Harewood, I would say.

    So just curious if anybody's heard more about this guy, and as a side point, the next time we "develop" a O-line project, I hope its a guy with some kind of pedigree at least, who got undervalued, rather than some dude hasn't played a lot of football, but is "big."
    IMO he was average to disappointing at the senior bowl. Looks like a 4th round pick to me, will be a RT in the NFL.




  5. Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Is there any chance of an impact DL there at 32? Personally I do like Jesse Williams, I don't know quite enough about John Jenkins.

    Also, what LB's do you like (that can start with Ellerbe considering we retain him)? I like Te'o and Minter, but my favorites of the group may be Greene from Rutgers and Hodges from Penn St.




  6. #2226
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,107
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Eddie Lacey is an absolute animal. This guy can't be stopped when he gets going, he is better than Trent Richardson and Mark Ingram IMO. Looks like Jamal Lewis, don't understand why he is mostly projected as a 2nd round pick. Alabama have two great backs, the other one is a stretch zone runner, of course they have to use both.




  7. #2227

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Lime in the Coconut View Post
    I
    Also, what LB's do you like (that can start with Ellerbe considering we retain him)? I like Te'o and Minter, but my favorites of the group may be Greene from Rutgers and Hodges from Penn St.
    I'm really high on Kevin Reddick. Even if we take a MLB in the 1st round, I would love to pick him up for depth in the 4th (if he falls). HIs stock is all over the place




  8. #2228
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    San Dimas, CA
    Posts
    5,261

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider

    Ozzie newsome said team doesn't intend to restructure contracts
    This is a bad tweet. Yes, Ozzie said that, but one has to look at the context in which it was said. Here is the full quotation with the question from Stan White. It seems to me that Ozzie was stating that the Ravens are not going to restructure contracts just to keep the team together. It doesn't mean some contracts won't be restructured.


    After the 2000 Super Bowl win, you tried to keep the team together and it became a tough salary cap situation. Will that experience play into what you might do this year, even though the salary cap seems like it will go up in 2014? (Stan White)

    (NEWSOME) “Yes. We will not repeat what we did in 2001, because we are trying to build where we can win Super Bowls more than just one more time. But, I think our team is structured differently this time also. We do have some veterans that will probably be retiring, but we have a great nucleus of young players. [We have] players who are just hitting into their prime that we are going to build this team around. But, we are not going to be restructuring contracts and do all of those different things to be able just to maintain this team to make another run. We’re not doing that. But, all that being said, John and I have talked about it, and we have talked to the coaches, [and] that doesn’t mean that we don’t want to try to go and repeat.”

    http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...1-0835bc74175d




  9. #2229
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    12,152
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    This is a bad tweet. Yes, Ozzie said that, but one has to look at the context in which it was said. Here is the full quotation with the question from Stan White. It seems to me that Ozzie was stating that the Ravens are not going to restructure contracts just to keep the team together. It doesn't mean some contracts won't be restructured.


    After the 2000 Super Bowl win, you tried to keep the team together and it became a tough salary cap situation. Will that experience play into what you might do this year, even though the salary cap seems like it will go up in 2014? (Stan White)

    (NEWSOME) “Yes. We will not repeat what we did in 2001, because we are trying to build where we can win Super Bowls more than just one more time. But, I think our team is structured differently this time also. We do have some veterans that will probably be retiring, but we have a great nucleus of young players. [We have] players who are just hitting into their prime that we are going to build this team around. But, we are not going to be restructuring contracts and do all of those different things to be able just to maintain this team to make another run. We’re not doing that. But, all that being said, John and I have talked about it, and we have talked to the coaches, [and] that doesn’t mean that we don’t want to try to go and repeat.”

    http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...1-0835bc74175d
    Thank you. I heard the whole quote too and the reaction to the tweet was driving me crazy. Once you hear the whole thing and see how it relates to the last Super Bowl it makes sense.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  10. #2230

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sirdowski View Post
    Not sure I understand the rationale of him not getting enough targets to judge his hands when the few targets he does get he drops.
    Where did you see me say he's not getting enough targets??? What i said was i'm not sure you can make a statement such as he cant catch off the sample he's gotten thus far. Does he need to catch the ball better? sure, but some people on here just crucify the guy.




  11. #2231

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Eddie Lacey is an absolute animal. This guy can't be stopped when he gets going, he is better than Trent Richardson and Mark Ingram IMO. Looks like Jamal Lewis, don't understand why he is mostly projected as a 2nd round pick. Alabama have two great backs, the other one is a stretch zone runner, of course they have to use both.
    I like Lacy alot but Trent Richardson is a close to special as it gets at the tailback position imo




  12. #2232

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    It seems like a smart move to draft a NT to compete with Terrance Cody for the spot, but I would not give up on Cody yet. Again, it took him a long time just to get into proper NFL NT condition, let alone work on his technique. Paul Kruger's emergence should have taught us something about player development. The team is more focused on a youth movement than they've been in years. We as fans are going to have to learn more patience with players.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland