Page 231 of 333 FirstFirst ... 131181221227228229230231232233234235241281331 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,772 of 3987
  1. #2761

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread



    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I actually think Eugene Monroe or Duane Brown have a shout at being the best LT in the game right now.
    Russelll Okung and Trent Williams both made big strides last year as well.




  2. Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Don't know if this has been brought up previously in the thread:

    But if something can't be worked out with Reed, maybe take a look at Charles Woodson, at Vet minimum of course, and don't know if he'd play for that. He's 36 and is about to be released from the Packers. Use to be a corner and is now a Safety.

    Reminds me of another Woodson that was brought in years ago.

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/89...packers-source




  3. #2763
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    8,480
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MD Boy View Post
    Don't know if this has been brought up previously in the thread:

    But if something can't be worked out with Reed, maybe take a look at Charles Woodson, at Vet minimum of course, and don't know if he'd play for that. He's 36 and is about to be released from the Packers. Use to be a corner and is now a Safety.

    Reminds me of another Woodson that was brought in years ago.

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/89...packers-source
    He'll be 37 at the beginning of the season. No thanks.




  4. #2764

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Broncos to use franchise tag on Clady.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Aw, what the fuck man?!
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  5. #2765
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,107
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Ex, you can still have hope for Moss though!




  6. #2766

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Ex, you can still have hope for Moss though!
    *sighs*...............Dammit............
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  7. #2767

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Kyle Juszczyk out of Harvard is my favorite player in that mold. VERY athletic and physical, he mostly played HB/TE in Harvard's offense, but he should be able to play FB as well with his physicality and blocking. He is such a mismatch as a pass catcher though, he has super soft hands and is very elusive for being 6'1 260 or so. Leach is a great player, but it's time to et younger, cheaper, and more athletic at the position. We are not going to be an I-formation power running team next year IMO.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FI-TQyAO8I

    This is a target/carry tape, not a highlight tape...at least I think so, b/c that's what the "owner" usually posts on his YT page.
    You can see several blocking plays as well.
    Expectation-wise, he's no way the blocker that Leach is, but he's a much better receiver. Based on this tape, he'd be better than Rice. His route and catch at 2:48 is pretty damn good. Generally, he has above average wiggle for a guy carrying 240lbs. Definitely, a nice player overall. Has some attitude also, which is good. However, I didn't see it at the Senior Bowl, but maybe he was just a bit star-struck and more "respectfully" of the much, much better competition.




  8. #2768

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Alright, plan B. Offer Jake Long a deal.

    LT who has proven that he can be a high quality LT, who has dealt with some injuries.
    LT who has proven the same, but has dealt with work ethic issues.

    You say tomato, I say tomato.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  9. #2769

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    The Rams cut Titus Young. When the Lions cut him, the Rams were the only team to claim him. This time he will likely go through waivers unclaimed and become a UFA.

    It is clear this dude is having some major issues, but we could sign him for the minimum and see if he gets his mind straight. He could be a playmaker. We probably won't because we usually avoid players like this. But maybe the risk would be worth it.




  10. #2770

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    pass on that headcase.




  11. #2771

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    pass on that headcase.
    I really want to know what is going on with this dude.

    As best I can tell:

    So he wants the ball more in Detroit. One game it appears that he doesn't provide max effort (I think he quit on a route that caused a Stafford INT). Next week he is benched. Must have been a sour puss, and ran his mouth, and didn't play anymore the rest of the season. Bad mojo between him and the coaches.

    Goes on a Twitter rant, begging to be cut.

    Gets cut.

    Another Twitter rant I think and comments surface that he thinks he is better than Megatron.

    Rams sign him.

    A week or two later, the Rams cut him (I think after bringing in a former Detroit coach). Did the old Detroit, new Rams coach tell them he is bad news?

    I mean, Randy Moss quit on plays. Randy Moss says he is better than Rice. Young did pretty much the same thing, but isn't near the caliber of Moss, which is why I guess Moss gets a relative pass and Young in unemployed.

    Who knows. I am sure someone will give him another shot.




  12. #2772
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Balmer Merlin Hon
    Posts
    2,800
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    IMO the Ravens are going to be especially leery of "head cases" this year for no other reason than no one knows what the locker room is going to be like without #52. It might be just as cohesive & able to "straighten out" a guy like Young--but if it isn't, bringing in someone like him is going to tear at the fabric of the team. I expect them to be very careful until they have a decent grasp of what life after Ray is going to be like.




Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland