Page 121 of 333 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171221 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,452 of 3987
  1. #1441
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    23,132
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread



    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I'm not sure about four QB's, I would have thought maybe 3 QB's in the first round, Nassib, Glennon, and Geno Smith. I can see the Cards, Chiefs, and Bills taking QB's, everyone else doesn't really have a dire need at QB.

    I like Glennon the most, he reminds me of Flacco coming out, but doesn't have great pocket presence.
    Nassib and Glennon over Tyler Wilson?

    Wilson may not have the arm that Glennon has, but he is probably one of the more polished QB's in this draft.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/





  2. #1442

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Does Matt Elam have good ball skills and coverage skills (6 INTs over 3 years)? He seems to be a sure tackler and more of a SS enforcer role, which i believe is the reason we have Pollard. Im not sure I see those two in the same secondary. Hes a hell of a player and if we needed a SS id be more than happy with that pick but the more i look at film of him hes seems to be more suited for a SS role which would still leave us with a hole at FS.
    -JAB




  3. #1443
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    8,385
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Does Matt Elam have good ball skills and coverage skills (6 INTs over 3 years)? He seems to be a sure tackler and more of a SS enforcer role, which i believe is the reason we have Pollard. Im not sure I see those two in the same secondary. Hes a hell of a player and if we needed a SS id be more than happy with that pick but the more i look at film of him hes seems to be more suited for a SS role which would still leave us with a hole at FS.
    From Walter Football.com

    Skill-Set Summary: Elam is the complete package as a safety. He covers a lot of ground in pass coverage since he has the ability to run with receivers and tight ends. Elam is a physical, tough safety who does well in run support, too. He excels in any aspect of safety play.

    Elam is very comfortable playing in the tackle box. He has a compact and muscular build that he uses to be a good tackler. An underrated aspect of Elam's game is his blitzing ability. The Gators haven't called his number that often to rush the quarterback, but when they have, Elam has showed off some dangerous ability to pressure the signal-caller. He has excellent pursuit speed to chase down ball carriers as well.

    Elam is a natural in the deep part of the field in pass coverage. He is smart and judges the ball well. Elam shows good speed to cover a lot of ground and is able to pick up speed receivers running deep downfield. In zone coverage, he has a quick first step and doesn't get caught out of position.

    Elam is an intelligent player who should only get better with experience. He is also a hard hitter who punishes receivers when given the opportunity.

    Aside from a great physical skill set, Elam is very instinctive. He uses those instincts to fly around the field and be around the football, even when plays don't go his direction. Elam is disruptive and has a real presence in the back end of the field.

    The scheme flexibility that the junior possesses will please NFL defensive back coaches. Elam has the size and physicality to play strong safety duties, but he is also fast and athletic enough to cover the deep part of the field as a free safety. Elam has fabulous coverage skills to play man-to-man with tight ends; more so than other early-round safety prospects.

    Elam is a well-rounded prospect with big upside. He has tons of potential and could become a great player this season.




  4. #1444
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    23,132
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Some interesting potential free agents that the Ravens could (possibly) consider:

    La'Rod Stephens-Howling (if they decide to part ways with Jacoby).
    David Nelson, he's a 6'5" 220lb receiver with a knack for the end zone. He could be an option to compete with Doss for that 3rd receiver position (assuming they keep Boldin).
    Delanie Walker, H-back type of TE. Very good blocker. Decent receiver.
    Anthony Fasano, great blocking TE. Average receiver.
    Bear Pascoe, great blocking TE. Average receiver.
    Alan Branch, monster DT. Solid, all-around player. Good run stopper.
    Larry Grant, played well in place of Patrick Willis last year. Solid inside linebacker. Experienced in a 3-4 as well.
    Tracey Porter, might be a solid depth addition. He was a quality starter in New Orleans.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/




  5. #1445

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    From Walter Football.com
    i was reading Walters but must have missed this write-up. Thanks.

    I guess if scouts believe he can play either, than thats good enough for me. As long as one can cover and ballhawk im certainly not against two hard hitting safeties.
    -JAB




  6. #1446
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    23,132
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Jamarcus Russell planning on working out for several teams.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/




  7. #1447

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    More from Tony Pauline [DraftInsider.net]


    Bacarri Rambo DB Georgia

    6004 215 9.18 30.48

    Mon: Looked very slow to react and seemed non-instinctive on the field.

    Tues: Another poor day for Rambo. Very late arriving on the scene and made plays after the fact.
    Montori Hughes DL Tennessee Martin

    10.1 31.58

    Mon: Did not play. Injured?

    Tues: Terrific performance from Hughes. Quick, explosive and powerful. Tremendous lower body power and got a lot of push up the field, bull rushing opponents off the line and collapsing the pocket. Really a good day for Hughes.
    Nico Johnson LB Alabama

    6017 249 9.28 32.78

    Mon: Showed some flashes in the box but was victimized several times in coverage if asked to get outside the numbers or cover more than ten yards down the field.

    Tues: Struggled again. Made a few nice plays against the pass yet often victimized against the pass.
    Chase Thomas LB Stanford

    6031 241 9.48 31.38

    Mon: Struggled all day. Looked poor in coverage drills despite the fact he was covering a very slow Michael Williams, who continually beat Thomas. Did not show much of anything.

    Tues: Similar results to Monday.
    Oday Aboushi OL Virginia

    6052 310 10.4 32.78

    Mon: Lined up a lot at right tackle. Nice size and athleticism.

    Tues: Good day for Aboushi. Technically sound, strong and anchors at the point or controlled opponents in drills and scrimmage. Did not make many mistakes. Does not block with the killer mentality.

    Garrett Gilkey OL Chadron State

    6057 314 10.3 31.68

    Mon: Very impressed with Gilkey. Played hard, did not back down and fought hard every play he was involved with. He stunned John Jenkins on one play with a violent jolt of his hands and knocked the big tackle back off the ball.

    Lane Johnson OL Oklahoma

    6062 302 9.68 35

    Mon: Johnson looked good in pass protection and showed a lot of athleticism. He needs to get stronger in his lower body as Johnson got pushed back off the ball a few times.

    Tues: Terrific day for Johnson. Showed tremendous pass blocking skills, anchoring at the point and handling opponents. Really did not see him get beat once.
    Xavier Nixon OL Florida

    6054 311 10.4 33.68

    Mon: Lined up at both guard and tackle. Looked really good in pass protection, quickly getting off the snap and doing a terrific job with his sets.

    Tues: Nice job again by Nixon. Fundamentally sound and blocks with good knee bend and leverage. Very quick and explosive as well.
    Conner Vernon WR Duke

    6002 193 9.18 29.68

    Mon: Worked hard and made a lot of nice receptions. Ran solid routes and separated from defenders then made the catch. Lacks any sort of speed of burst.

    Tues: Outstanding performance from Vernon. Ran the best routes of any receiver on the South. Exceptional hands; soft and reliable. Not fast yet very dependable.




  8. #1448
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    8,868
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Nassib and Glennon over Tyler Wilson?

    Wilson may not have the arm that Glennon has, but he is probably one of the more polished QB's in this draft.
    I'm just not sure about Wilson, nothing really sticks out to me when watching him play, I'm not sure if he can win in this league. He is more polished than Mike Glennon, and looks more pro ready, but Glennon's ceiling IMO will be valued more than Wilson's pro readiness. Its kind of like the Flacco vs Henne debate from the 08 draft, Henne looked more ready and I remember the board I was a member of at the time were begging for Henne if we didn't get Matt Ryan and didn't really know much about Flacco other than the fact that he had a huge arm and had great size. There was a bunch of head scratching going on when we picked Flacco at 18, while Henne went in the 2nd round. Look how that turned out, we got an elite player who had a much higher ceiling than Chad Henne who's not even a capable game manager in the NFL now, probably now destined to be a back up in Jacksonville behind... Blaine Gabbert.

    The Bills would be a perfect team for Glennon, because he could sit behind Fitzpatrick for his rookie year or step in if Fitzpatrick really continues to struggle. I'm in now way saying that Glennon is going to be as good as Flacco in the NFL, but I think teams are going to really value him.

    Right now, I have Arizona picking Nassib, KC picking Geno Smith, and Buffalo picking Glennon. None of them are the BPA, but recent drafts show that teams are going to significantly reach for QB's. I have Wilson going to the Jets in the second round.




  9. #1449

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    More from Tony Pauline [DraftInsider.net]
    after reading what he wrote about Aboushi, I have to take anything else he said with a grain of salt. He got beat consistently in drills and unless the goal was letting the passrusher by him I cant see how he didnt make any mistakes.
    -JAB




  10. #1450
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    12,930
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Jamarcus Russell planning on working out for several teams.
    Hope they're Canadian teams, I would be shocked if an NFL team is serious about him, although he says his weight is down to 308

    Next year's free agent QBs that will likely get paid: Alex Smith, Vick, Matty Flynn, who else?
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  11. #1451
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    23,132
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I'm just not sure about Wilson, nothing really sticks out to me when watching him play, I'm not sure if he can win in this league. He is more polished than Mike Glennon, and looks more pro ready, but Glennon's ceiling IMO will be valued more than Wilson's pro readiness. Its kind of like the Flacco vs Henne debate from the 08 draft, Henne looked more ready and I remember the board I was a member of at the time were begging for Henne if we didn't get Matt Ryan and didn't really know much about Flacco other than the fact that he had a huge arm and had great size. There was a bunch of head scratching going on when we picked Flacco at 18, while Henne went in the 2nd round. Look how that turned out, we got an elite player who had a much higher ceiling than Chad Henne who's not even a capable game manager in the NFL now, probably now destined to be a back up in Jacksonville behind... Blaine Gabbert.

    The Bills would be a perfect team for Glennon, because he could sit behind Fitzpatrick for his rookie year or step in if Fitzpatrick really continues to struggle. I'm in now way saying that Glennon is going to be as good as Flacco in the NFL, but I think teams are going to really value him.

    Right now, I have Arizona picking Nassib, KC picking Geno Smith, and Buffalo picking Glennon. None of them are the BPA, but recent drafts show that teams are going to significantly reach for QB's. I have Wilson going to the Jets in the second round.
    I actually don't have the Chiefs taking a QB.

    I'm working on my pre-super bowl revision...hopefully will post up 4 rounds today or tomorrow. Lots of changes.

    I'm looking at possibly incorporating trade scenarios into this revision, however I need to see the pick value and who can trade what. The reason I'm doing this is because I do believe that there will be teams like KC, NY Jets, Buffalo, Dallas, Arizona, Philadelphia, and maybe even Jacksonville who will try to trade back into the 1st round to target a QB.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/




  12. #1452
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    23,132
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Hope they're Canadian teams, I would be shocked if an NFL team is serious about him, although he says his weight is down to 308

    Next year's free agent QBs that will likely get paid: Alex Smith, Vick, Matty Flynn, who else?
    Flynn isn't a FA. He's under contract in Seattle. They might cut him, but they don't necessarily have to.

    Other FA QB's...

    Matt Moore
    Jason Campbell
    Rex Grossman
    Byron Leftwich
    Tarvaris Jackson
    Matt Leinart
    Chase Daniels
    Bruce Gradkowski


    Slim pickings...
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/




Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland