Page 189 of 333 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190191192193199239289 ... LastLast
Results 2,257 to 2,268 of 3987
  1. #2257

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread



    http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/mock-d...eremiah/165100

    Daniel Jeremiah's mock is up

    SAM MONTGOMERY DE LSU
    Baltimore is always going to take the best available player, regardless of position. That said, Montgomery would provide some much-needed insurance should the Ravens lose Paul Kruger to free agency. Montgomery would team up with Terrell Suggs and Courtney Upshaw to provide a diverse and dynamic outside pass-rushing trio.




  2. #2258

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    And on that note respect for Dilfer as an analyst... out the window...
    This, and i thought Dilfer was ok as an analyst but this is one of the dumbest things i've ever heard.




  3. #2259

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    They already said they want to get stronger down the middle on defense.......on offense we can't let Boldin go. But at that end of the draft its either BPA or a package to move up.
    Last edited by NOLARavenFAN; 02-08-2013 at 12:51 PM.
    Way Down South in New Orleans




  4. #2260

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Ozzie made it clear that they will not pass up a good offensive prospect if he is there. By some of the logic here, Ray Rice would not have been taken in the second round and Benard Pierce would not have been taken in the third.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  5. #2261

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    See, what I get from your post is that our needs are generally at positions where mdi round picks absolutely can succeed. ILB, DT and even Safety are not generally first round needs. LT and passrusher are. Obviously special players dictate special circumstances, but as a general rule, the first(and even second) round is littered with QB's, LT's, CB's, RB's and passrushers. Those are the best athletes with most specialized skillsets. Guards, interior Dlinemen, linebackers, safetys, TEs and FB's are just less valuable.

    That's a good thing. Bu It means I don't think we need to panic if we haven't gotten a NT after the first two days.
    You know, that's very true and an aspect i underrated. There is a good amount of ILB's im comfortable with rounds 2-4. Same can be said for the free safety position. NT is interesting because i think it's pretty scarce as far as legit 3-4 nose tackles that could contribute early but it's not like you have to take one in the first to ensure you get one. I like Brandon Williams a lot and he could be had in the 2nd or 3rd, probably 2nd the way he's rising. LT i think you go with a developmental guy like Quessenberry and im keeping an close eye on Luke Marquadt from Asuza Pacific http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profil...rdt?id=2539644

    So after careful thought and your post, forget my whole last post lol




  6. #2262
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    2,160

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    If Montgomery falls all the way to 32, something is wrong with the other GM's...




  7. #2263

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    The WR thing is interesting...We in all reality do need a guy that projects as a true #2/outside threat that can naturally separate from man coverage but i look at the needs and i struggle to find room to use an adequate draft pick(First 4 rounds) on that this year with the needs. Now depending on how free agency goes for us maybe we can, let's take a look at the needs...

    For me ILB and DT are locked in as positions that have to be addressed early. With the anticipation that Kruger is gone we have to replace his pass rushing in this draft as well. Whether Ed Reed is brought back or not i think we have to draft a FS because even if Ed is back he's had injury issues, Thompson is coming off an injury, and i like Omar Brown a lot but im not sure if he's ready to make that kind of jump yet. LT is also a position i think has to be address with an heir apparent in a ideal situation.

    So those are 5 spots i view as higher needs then WR. Now if we could do a lot of moving up and down the board and obtain more picks rounds 2 thru 4 then i could see it but if not i think it's gonna be difficult. Now if anybody knows any prospects rounds 5 thru 7 that have some outside WR upside who would be better then say Thompson or Streeter with a year under their belts then that's fine but that is gonna be increasingly difficult to find. I really like Ace Sanders as a 5th rd guy but his small and probably will be slot only.

    Then again if a really good WR falls then Oz and Co. will take him because they dont sacrifice value very often, so all i said could have been a moot point lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    You know, that's very true and an aspect i underrated. There is a good amount of ILB's im comfortable with rounds 2-4. Same can be said for the free safety position. NT is interesting because i think it's pretty scarce as far as legit 3-4 nose tackles that could contribute early but it's not like you have to take one in the first to ensure you get one. I like Brandon Williams a lot and he could be had in the 2nd or 3rd, probably 2nd the way he's rising. LT i think you go with a developmental guy like Quessenberry and im keeping an close eye on Luke Marquadt from Asuza Pacific http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profil...rdt?id=2539644

    So after careful thought and your post, forget my whole last post lol
    I wouldn't say "forget your whole last post." You actually did a really good job of breaking down the overall hierarchy of needs and I agree with the way you presented it 100%. But as you acknowledged, Ozzie will not draft based on the hierarchy of needs; he'll try to fill the needs by taking the best available player at each round. That means that even if ILB is our "worst need" it doesn't need to be our highest pick. I do expect to see them try to address every single position you listed, and I would add WR and interior OL depth to those needs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    If Montgomery falls all the way to 32, something is wrong with the other GM's...
    I have heard from many reports that NFL teams are not very high on Montgomery. His own strength and conditioning coach was dogging him and a bunch of other LSU players as not being committed to the weight room and film study, and those are not optional elements of the football player's craft at the NFL level like they are in college. The dude definitely seems to give it 100% on the field, though.

    Me personally, I would rank all of the following DEs ahead of Sam Montgomery: 1) Damontre Moore 2) Bjoern Werner 3) Ziggy Ansah 4) Dion Jordan 5) Alex Okafor 6) Barkevious Mingo 7) Datone Jones




  8. #2264

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    I don't follow college much, but it seems this draft is lacking in Offensive playmakers.

    It seems in general to be a draft without a lot of high profile guys in it. I am correct in this opinion?

    Personally I think we need to address LB and LT most.

    Maybe another TE if Dickson leaves. I am always interested in WR, just because I want Joe to have weapons for the future.

    You guys have way more knowledge about college than I do, I am just a pure NFL junkie (fantasy nerd).

    Should we just load up on DEF players since we are set at RB, decent at WR (assuming Boldin stays) and good at TE (Pitta)?




  9. #2265
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,128

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    I don't follow college much, but it seems this draft is lacking in Offensive playmakers.

    It seems in general to be a draft without a lot of high profile guys in it. I am correct in this opinion?

    Personally I think we need to address LB and LT most.

    Maybe another TE if Dickson leaves. I am always interested in WR, just because I want Joe to have weapons for the future.

    You guys have way more knowledge about college than I do, I am just a pure NFL junkie (fantasy nerd).

    Should we just load up on DEF players since we are set at RB, decent at WR (assuming Boldin stays) and good at TE (Pitta)?
    I think we should. Our offense is pretty good and plays well together. We do however need a good route runner who can get separation. He may already be here (Thompson, Doss) but I wouldn't mind Austin from WVU if he made it to the second.

    If I were in the FO, I would try to resign McKinnie and draft a prospect in the mid-round to replace him. IMO, we have way to many holes on the D-line and up the middle on the LB corps not to go with a D heavy draft.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  10. #2266
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Wilmington, North Carolina
    Posts
    2,271
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    I don't follow college much, but it seems this draft is lacking in Offensive playmakers.

    It seems in general to be a draft without a lot of high profile guys in it. I am correct in this opinion?
    This generally seems right to me. I'd say there are a ton of B- players, particularly at the positions we most need to deal with (ILB and DL). Seems like the type of draft where the Ravens could excel, especially with 11 picks.

    I will go maybe against the grain a little bit (against the majority perhaps) and say we'll do some type of package to either move up in the Second or get another Second or Third in this draft. Don't see anyone in the First we'd move up for, though maybe we'd ,move up 5-6 slots to grab a Hankins, or Elam, if it's getting late in the round and we want, for example, to jump a New England or SF to one of these guys.

    I don't know that we need to sign 11 rookies, or that we'd want to even if we needed that many players to fill out the roster.
    No one likes us, and we don't care.




  11. #2267

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    This generally seems right to me. I'd say there are a ton of B- players, particularly at the positions we most need to deal with (ILB and DL). Seems like the type of draft where the Ravens could excel, especially with 11 picks.

    I will go maybe against the grain a little bit (against the majority perhaps) and say we'll do some type of package to either move up in the Second or get another Second or Third in this draft. Don't see anyone in the First we'd move up for, though maybe we'd ,move up 5-6 slots to grab a Hankins, or Elam, if it's getting late in the round and we want, for example, to jump a New England or SF to one of these guys.

    I don't know that we need to sign 11 rookies, or that we'd want to even if we needed that many players to fill out the roster.
    With all of the first round LT's seemingly out of reach, I agree. In my last "mock draftish" thing I posted on the scout board, I had us trading up in rounds 2 and 3. I really think this is a draft to be aggressive, as we have so many picks it's not worth nitpicking on value when there is a desired player on the board. Just reach up and grab him.

    Here it is...
    My new favorite four round mock that came to mind this morning would be.

    Te'o at 32
    Trade up in the 2nd for Tavon Austin
    Trade up in the thrid for potential LT Quessenberry from San Jose.
    and then just ffor giggles, Tyrann Mathieu and TE Michael Williams from Bama with our two comp 4ths.

    Other comp picks to be used on a Punter, FB and a NT. And probably a safety in there somewhere, though the Honey Badger may fit in there as well. Or perhaps Corey Gaham moves with the acquisition of Honey Badger. Honey Badger and Webb inside in the dime would be shweeeeeet....




  12. #2268
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Behind enemies lines Shitsburgh
    Posts
    792

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    I love this thread. I'm not the best at draft breakdowns, but I have all of you.
    I'm looking forward to this draft and this thread as we get closer to the draft.

    Generally I hoping 3 or 4 rookies play this season coming. What spots is up in air. But I will feel ok if 3 or 4 is giving good Contribution to next year team.




Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland