Page 249 of 333 FirstFirst ... 149199239245246247248249250251252253259299 ... LastLast
Results 2,977 to 2,988 of 3987
  1. #2977

    Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)



    Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    I watched Mellette closely at the Sr Bowl and he could really be a nice #2 at the least if he's coached well and learns to play physical.
    I'm not sure that playing physical can be taught. That would be a concern for me.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  2. Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

    Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Well I mean, everyone he faces in the NFL will be a "starter in the NFL." Hence the worry. If he can't play against Bama how is he going to do against real NFL lines?
    I should have said that Bama O is going to put a lot more guys into the NFL than that ND D is. The entire unit was overmatched not just Teo. Even when Ray was in his prime, he was miserable when the DL was getting handled and Gs were able to come right at him untouched. Like I said, I see Teo as an EJ Henderson level prospect. I do not see a star or a huge difference maker, but I think he can be a solid player at the least.

    Warmack is a star. Not sure why he only wears half a jersey, but the guy is a monster.







  3. #2979

    Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

    I watched a few Kansas City Chiefs games this year. There was one constant theme in each one that I saw.

    The coaching staff did everything in their power to keep Matt Cassel from having to throw the ball. They would constantly run the ball. They would even switch out RBs to give them a break, and keep running the ball. The fans would grumble and I would begin to ask myself, "Now, why don't they let Cassell throw?".

    Even when it seemed obvious that they would have to throw, they wouldn't do it.

    When they finally did, the one thing that you would see every game, is a handful of Matt Cassel mistakes. Interceptions, overthrows, underthrows, fumbles. It went beyond not getting your QB into a rhythm. It was like he wasn't even seeing his throws, consistently, over and over.

    I would then say to myself, "Well, that's why they don't let him throw the ball".
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  4. Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I watched a few Kansas City Chiefs games this year. There was one constant theme in each one that I saw.

    The coaching staff did everything in their power to keep Matt Cassel from having to throw the ball. They would constantly run the ball. They would even switch out RBs to give them a break, and keep running the ball. The fans would grumble and I would begin to ask myself, "Now, why don't they let Cassell throw?".

    Even when it seemed obvious that they would have to throw, they wouldn't do it.

    When they finally did, the one thing that you would see every game, is a handful of Matt Cassel mistakes. Interceptions, overthrows, underthrows, fumbles. It went beyond not getting your QB into a rhythm. It was like he wasn't even seeing his throws, consistently, over and over.

    I would then say to myself, "Well, that's why they don't let him throw the ball".
    If he is still the QB, Andy Reid will let him throw a lot. He had a pretty decent season the year we knocked them out at home with Cassel. He is obviously someone you try to upgrade, but IMO is not the worst starter out there or the biggest reason why they stunk.







  5. #2981

    Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

    Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Someone needs to explain this line of thinking, because I've heard it a lot: Te'o didn't look good against Alabama, but we shouldn't hold it against him because their line is of NFL caliber. You mean like the kind of line he would face week after week in the NFL???? Instead, we should look at his great season, when Notre Dame played only two teams that finished in the top 25. In other words, teams without NFL-caliber lines.

    Yeah, that's exactly what concerns me.
    Well given that the rest of ND was nothing special and not NFL caliber it was basically Te'o against the world




  6. #2982

    Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

    If they see that QB in this draft, I agree with RaveninWoodlawn that you get him. If, in their heart of hearts, they don't see him, they'll have to come up with a different strategy.

    That's the consequence of missing on a QB.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  7. #2983

    Re: 2013 NFL Draft: Kansas - DB - Bradley McDougald

    I want the Honey Badger in the third round!




  8. #2984

    Re: 2013 NFL Draft: Kansas - DB - Bradley McDougald

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    I want the Honey Badger in the third round!
    You had better eat some Honey Comb and call it a day, because I'm sure there's a player the Excellector hasn't thought of yet that the team will take over him.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  9. #2985
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,052
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

    Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Leach! haha...where you been man? How come you didn't watch those links I posted months ago on Patton?

    If he was in a BCS bid conference then he would have been the #1 WR prospect since November. His SrBowl performance was just icing. He's not elite at all...not even close, but he is the best WR in this class. Tennessee's duo and Allen are better athletes, but Patton is the best pure WR; followed closely by Studman Bailey, Wheaton and Hopkins IMO and in no particular order. Austin's elite athleticism and "good enough" WR skill set makes him my #1 WR of choice.
    Haha, too much work not enough film watching, that's whats being going on man.

    Now WR isn't a position I know much about when watching tape, but he seems to have a bit of Reggie Wayne in him.

    If Caldwell is going to try and turn this into a late 2000's Colts offense, we need a Reggie Wayne in this offense, and Patton may be that guy.

    Boldin can fill the Austin Collie role, Torrey Smith can be the deep threat like Pierre Garcon, Dennis Pitta is similar to Dallas Clark, and Patton can be the Reggie Wayne. We have the QB to do it, then we also have the Marshall Faulk that Peyton never had in his prime. Plus an explosive RB to come in for the power run plays, we now just need a TE who can block and catch to support Pitta, then we're good to go.




  10. #2986

    Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I'm not sure that playing physical can be taught. That would be a concern for me.
    That's a fair point, but many WRs have a finesse mind-set. They've never had to play physical b/c they've always gotten by with their athletic skils. Mellette was bullied a bit at the Sr Bowl. He just needs to learn how to use leverage, his hands a lot better. Firstly though, he needs to develop more of a physical over finesse mind-set. I have no idea if he has it in him. It took a long, long while for Terrell Owens to develop it. Moss never has/did. Hell, Derrick Mason was more physical than either one of those guys.




  11. #2987

    Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Haha, too much work not enough film watching, that's whats being going on man.

    Now WR isn't a position I know much about when watching tape, but he seems to have a bit of Reggie Wayne in him.

    If Caldwell is going to try and turn this into a late 2000's Colts offense, we need a Reggie Wayne in this offense, and Patton may be that guy.

    Boldin can fill the Austin Collie role, Torrey Smith can be the deep threat like Pierre Garcon, Dennis Pitta is similar to Dallas Clark, and Patton can be the Reggie Wayne. We have the QB to do it, then we also have the Marshall Faulk that Peyton never had in his prime. Plus an explosive RB to come in for the power run plays, we now just need a TE who can block and catch to support Pitta, then we're good to go.
    Forget Pierre Garcon. He can't catch. Marvin Harrison sounds better.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  12. #2988

    Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

    The Patriots, reportedly, will not use the Franchise Tag on Wes Welker. I have a feeling he's about to fall into a long list of New England veterans who bust their tail for that team and don't get paid.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland