Page 4 of 333 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
Results 37 to 48 of 3987
  1. #37


    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Which could indicate that they are liking Doss more as the #3 receiver, which also points to Jacoby not being worth $4 mill.
    So thinking about our common ground on trading up for The Joker...passing on Jacoby and Boldin alone would give us $10M to pursue Clady, and we'd get our 1st, 2nd and 4th back.

    And yes...I understand the risk of dropping Boldin during Joe's "all-in"/tag year. Always tough to balance the short term and the long term...
    Back to the AFCCG we go. So get ready!

    Having fun talking football on Twitter @BigPlayReceiver




  2. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    12,634
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    That's what I'm saying.

    Pull a Falcons and take a guy who you KNOW is going to impact from day 1.

    T'eo
    Joeckel
    Star Lotulelei
    Jarvis Jones
    Damontre Moore

    That's not Ozzie's style. He never counts on a draft pick having an impact from day 1. Even for someone he targets, like Upshaw last year or Flacco before that, he's still willing to risk losing by trading down to get as much value as possible. Ozzie will trade up a couple of spots but he's not making that big trade like the Falcons did.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  3. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    12,634
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    This Clady talk is insane. The Broncos didn't just spend a fortune on Manning to let him get beat up by letting his best o-lineman go. They'll either come to a deal or franchise him. There is no way that Clady hits the free agent market.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  4. #40

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Boldin isn't really a receiver. He's actually a very short tight end.

    I can't see us letting go of him. He's been too reliable and has always come through for us. And perhaps most importantly, he makes numerous crucial downfield blocks that no other receivers on our roster can do nearly as well.




  5. #41

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    This Clady talk is insane. The Broncos didn't just spend a fortune on Manning to let him get beat up by letting his best o-lineman go. They'll either come to a deal or franchise him. There is no way that Clady hits the free agent market.
    I'm not going to let you destroy my dream GOTA.

    Peyton wins it all...rides off into the sunset
    DEN decides to address other concerns
    Clady comes east




  6. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    12,634
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    I'm not going to let you destroy my dream GOTA.

    Peyton wins it all...rides off into the sunset
    DEN decides to address other concerns
    Clady comes east


    Whatever gets you though the tough times.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  7. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    25,685
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    That's not Ozzie's style. He never counts on a draft pick having an impact from day 1. Even for someone he targets, like Upshaw last year or Flacco before that, he's still willing to risk losing by trading down to get as much value as possible. Ozzie will trade up a couple of spots but he's not making that big trade like the Falcons did.
    I know that isn't his style.

    It should be though.

    If you know that there is 1 guy in the draft that you can move up, take, and count on them to have an immediate impact...why wouldn't you do that?
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  8. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    12,634
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I know that isn't his style.

    It should be though.

    If you know that there is 1 guy in the draft that you can move up, take, and count on them to have an immediate impact...why wouldn't you do that?
    Because Ozzie will say that you can't count on any draft pick to have an immediate impact. We see sure thing players bomb out all the time. Ozzie is a conservative drafter. After 17 years he's not going to suddenly change the way he does things in year 18. I'm not saying you're wrong but I can's see that happening as long as Ozzie is in charge.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  9. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    2,162

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    Let's assume that Kruger and Reed were to command the same in free agency (an assumption that's probably wrong since Reed doesn't seem fond of any hometown discounts)

    You would rather keep Reed for 1-2 more years over Kruger for 3-5? How do you figure that?
    Reed gives us a better chance to win now. Also, Kruger's role can be taken over by a rookie. It's not hard to to find situational pass rushers aka one trick ponies.




  10. #46

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Any ACC diehards watch Duke's Sean Renfree play?

    He's had a solid senior year.
    Only threw more than 1 INT once and that was vs. Stanford (2 INTs).
    6'4...225lbs with a strong arm.
    66% completion.
    Smart...already working on his Master degree.

    Here's CBS' favorable write up:
    Renfree is a traditional drop back passer and looks the part with a tall, filled out frame. He has a strong arm to easily make all the throws and does a nice job working through his progressions to find the open target. Renfree shows excellent chemistry with his receivers and is a confident thrower, never appearing shy to take chances downfield. The career statistics aren't glamorous (32-30 TD-INT ratio), but he has all the tools NFL scouts look for at the next level. And it won't hurt that his collegiate head coach is the same offensive mind that mentored Peyton and Eli Manning.


    Warning: He's a quiet leader




  11. #47

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    That's what I'm saying.

    Pull a Falcons and take a guy who you KNOW is going to impact from day 1.

    T'eo
    Joeckel
    Star Lotulelei
    Jarvis Jones
    Damontre Moore

    No on Jarvis Jones. Not in the first round and not in the 2nd round. He is a 4-3 OLB at best. He is terrible against the run and was buried by Alabama. They ran at him the entire game.




  12. #48

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    From SI via rotoworld

    SI's Tony Pauline is hearing that Stanford junior TEs Zach Ertz and Levine Toilolo are "leaning towards staying in school."
    This is a mild surprise for Ertz since the tight end put together an excellent season. Toilolo is more of an inline type but was inconsistent from game to game. Still, both project as second day picks and would be paired with third tight end/fullback Ryan Hewitt next season to once again form an excellent trio. Source: Sports Illustrated




Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland