Page 40 of 333 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast
Results 469 to 480 of 3987
  1. #469

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread



    Stedman Bailey is the most talented pure receiver in this draft class. If the dude were like 3 inches taller and had a little more leaping ability he'd be a top 10 pick.

    His route running, toughness, hands, YAC, and ability to track the ball in the air are all NFL #1 starter ready right now. He's like a combination of what Golden Tate was at Notre Dame (becomes a RB with the ball in his hands) and Steve Smith out of Carolina (can kill you downfield even though he doesn't have elite timed speed).

    Obviously he's been helped a lot by playing with Geno Smith, and they played together way back into high school. But still, if a WR is able to create that kind of chemistry with one QB he can probably do it with another. The kid's ability as a RECEIVER, not an athlete, is just out of this world. Tavon Austin is a better athlete, but he doesn't have the receiver skill set that Bailey does.

    I NEEEEEED the Ravens to draft the kid... he plays split end/left wide receiver 90% of the time in WVU's offense, which is Boldin's position, so he should be able to step right into that spot. I think he'll go early 3rd at this point... but if he blows up at the Combine, watch out. Teams will catch onto how good he is, I think.





  2. #470
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    23,149
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I don't blame him for not resigning with that mess of a franchise. I would absolutely welcome that, he's done a good job with the Jets as the DC since he's been there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I would welcome that move as well. The Ravens would be getting Rex's defensive schemes, without have to deal with Rex's personality.
    Agreed.

    Nothing against Dean Pees...I do think that part of the issue with him is all of the injuries he has had to deal with...but I look at guys like McClain, Cody, Jimmy, and even Cary and their performance under Chuck P and Dean P is night and day. Dean just doesn't seem to know how to really get the most out of these guys...for whatever reason.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/




  3. #471
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    8,877
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Agreed.

    Nothing against Dean Pees...I do think that part of the issue with him is all of the injuries he has had to deal with...but I look at guys like McClain, Cody, Jimmy, and even Cary and their performance under Chuck P and Dean P is night and day. Dean just doesn't seem to know how to really get the most out of these guys...for whatever reason.




  4. #472

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Another thing about Bailey... in the clip Leach posted above, watch how he beats the press. Very few teams were willing to press him, but when they do watch how he uses a juke step, a hand sweep, and just pure physicality to beat the jam and get a clean release. VERY few WRs come out of college with ANY moves against press coverage at all... Bailey is already WAY more advanced at beating press coverage than Torrey was coming out of Maryland.

    In the WVU vs LSU portion of the clip, Bailey faces off against Morris Claiborne pretty much all game, Claiborne tries to jam him a few times and Bailey beat him every time, including for a TD. And Claiborne was a top 10 pick and day 1 starter at CB in the NFL.




  5. #473
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    23,149
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Bailey could be one of those guys that a lot of teams have on their radar that no one really talks about until a week or two before the draft.

    Last year was Shea McClellin and you could even argue Chandler Jones.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/




  6. #474

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I hate to admit it but I try to watch every bowl game just to get a look at some guys I haven't seen.
    Yes I watched the majority of that game and Noy blocked a punt and pretty much won the game in the 2nd half but he was invisible the first half. That game was more about two horrible offenses.

    The guy that really impressed me was the Aztecs LB Jake Fely. He looked like the best player on the field and plays with a chip on his shoulder due to his size. What a motor
    Yea me too, i didnt get to watch much of this one watching my Thunder play the T'Wolves. I heard some buzz about Noy about a month ago but heard he was more of a undersized edge rusher with some upside, now im hearing he can play inside some as well. I'll probably try to see if i can find some tape on him to see if he can cover. Dont know too much about Fely but i can envision him as a later round guy that could be a nickel LB and core sprecial teams type of guy. I like productive guys like that, may not be stars in the NFL but he seems like one of those guys that will run thru a brick wall to make a play for his team.




  7. #475

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Another thing about Bailey... in the clip Leach posted above, watch how he beats the press. Very few teams were willing to press him, but when they do watch how he uses a juke step, a hand sweep, and just pure physicality to beat the jam and get a clean release. VERY few WRs come out of college with ANY moves against press coverage at all... Bailey is already WAY more advanced at beating press coverage than Torrey was coming out of Maryland.

    In the WVU vs LSU portion of the clip, Bailey faces off against Morris Claiborne pretty much all game, Claiborne tries to jam him a few times and Bailey beat him every time, including for a TD. And Claiborne was a top 10 pick and day 1 starter at CB in the NFL.
    It's the savvy in his game that impresses me the most, some guys just have it, that natural feel of what to do, finding open spots in zones, just the little nuances of the game.




  8. #476

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    National Football Post does a "Top Practice Squad Player worth stealing list", did anybody know the NT Ta'amu from Washington was on the Steelers PS? I dont remember seeing him released, i know he got suspended at one point, cant remember what for but im suprised nobody has poached him. One of their list has a couple Ravens on it, Adrian Hamilton and Antoine Caldwell.




  9. #477

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Taamu is in a lot if trouble with the law, the talent is there as he was a projected 2nd round pick last year so I'm sure that had a lot to do with teams passing on him. I really wanna see what Hamilton has to offer, I'm surprised he hasn't gotten called up especially since we're so thin. It's not like the defense could play any worse.




  10. #478

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JCroUSAF View Post
    Taamu is in a lot if trouble with the law, the talent is there as he was a projected 2nd round pick last year so I'm sure that had a lot to do with teams passing on him. I really wanna see what Hamilton has to offer, I'm surprised he hasn't gotten called up especially since we're so thin. It's not like the defense could play any worse.
    Yea i figured he had to be having some serious issues for nobody to poach him off their PS by now. I think Hamilton has some real pass rusher potential, the problem is our go to unit on 3rd down is Suggs, Kruger, Ngata, Mcphee and Jones. He wont play in front of those guys and i dont think he plays ST very well, in fact i argue if he did he'd still be a Cowboy. If he could ever get to the point where he could be a core special team it be nice to have the option of bringing him off the edge here and there.




  11. #479

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quinton Patton. The footwork at 1:46, 3:26, 4:30 and 6:16 is extremely impressive for a 6'2 WR. That's gonna make him some money somewhere.






  12. #480

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Quinton Patton. The footwork at 1:46, 3:26, 4:30 and 6:16 is extremely impressive for a 6'2 WR. That's gonna make him some money somewhere.


    Heard a Reggie Wayne comparison, certaintly looks the part.




Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland