Page 51 of 333 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 612 of 3987
  1. #601
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    26,397
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread



    Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    The Ravens have some talented developmental WR's in Thompson and Streeter, be nice to have another QB on the roster that can run the offense and operate soundly from the pocket to help those guys in TC and preseason. Look what Thompson was able to do with Painter, imagine what he could do with a more talented pocket QB.
    I like Thompson just as much as the next guy and if Streeter develops into a decent route runner, then he could be a nice addition as well.

    However, let's not pretend that the Ravens have been very good at developing receivers, haha. We're also looking at a season where both Boldin and Jacoby may not be on the team next year, so they're going to need to re-stock with some guys who can push Doss and Torrey.

    Maybe that will be LaQuan? Or David Reed. Who knows.

    I just really like the idea of spending a mid/late round pick on a polished receiver with good hands.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  2. #602

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I like Thompson just as much as the next guy and if Streeter develops into a decent route runner, then he could be a nice addition as well.

    However, let's not pretend that the Ravens have been very good at developing receivers, haha. We're also looking at a season where both Boldin and Jacoby may not be on the team next year, so they're going to need to re-stock with some guys who can push Doss and Torrey.

    Maybe that will be LaQuan? Or David Reed. Who knows.

    I just really like the idea of spending a mid/late round pick on a polished receiver with good hands.
    Thompson is really far away from a finished product and probably a better fit as a returner and package player. Streeter is also more of a package player and developmental guy. Boldin and Jacoby could be gone, David Reed is an RFA and will be an UFA next year (highly doubt the Ravens are interested in hanging onto him)... you've got depth chart issues just on those factors alone.

    Doss looks like a guy who will contribute next year but why not push him with another well-developed player? There are so many mid-round guys who will fit that bill this year. Personally, the mid-round guys I like a lot are Stedman Bailey, Kenny Stills, and Ryan Swope. I just caught up on some tape of Kenny Stills recently and I was surprised by how much I liked him... I'm VERY skeptical of Oklahoma prospects (really any Big 12 prospects honestly) but he has a very smooth game. A little bit of a less-physical Anquan Boldin.




  3. #603
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    26,397
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Yea, I'm not real big on Oklahoma receivers. Maybe I'm biased? Just memories of Mark Clayton...when was the last really good receiver Oklahoma produced? Ryan Broyles looks like a good one up in Detroit, but how much of that is Megatron?

    I like Ryan Swope a lot and dude, I'm COMPLETELY on board with the Ravens getting Stedman Bailey. I just think if the Ravens want him, they'll have to get him in the 2nd round and I don't know that he'll last too long in round 2 at this point.

    I like Roy Roundtree and Markus Wheaton as well. I think Roundtree is pretty underrated.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  4. #604

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Yea, I'm not real big on Oklahoma receivers. Maybe I'm biased? Just memories of Mark Clayton...when was the last really good receiver Oklahoma produced? Ryan Broyles looks like a good one up in Detroit, but how much of that is Megatron?

    I like Ryan Swope a lot and dude, I'm COMPLETELY on board with the Ravens getting Stedman Bailey. I just think if the Ravens want him, they'll have to get him in the 2nd round and I don't know that he'll last too long in round 2 at this point.

    I like Roy Roundtree and Markus Wheaton as well. I think Roundtree is pretty underrated.
    I just think offensive players out of Oklahoma have been overrated over the last few years (except AP of course). Sam Bradford looks like a bust, Mark Clayton was a bust, Malcolm Kelly was a bust... and not just Oklahoma but the Big 12 overall has just had a ton of overrated skill position players. Landry Jones is next... kid is going to be a bust, IMO.

    Stedman Bailey's stock is volatile right now and who knows where it will end up. If he measures up at 5'10 190 at the Combine and is able to rip off a good 40 like in the 4.40 range, he could get a big boost. However, if he comes in at like 5'9 3/4 180 and runs a 4.5 40, his stock could tumble. Smaller, less physically impressive receivers seem like they get left behind in the wake of workout wonders like Stephen Hill, etc.

    I wouldn't want the Ravens to over-draft a guy like Bailey, but they need help at WR and he's a good fit. WRs are really hard to scout, though, so who knows what the Ravens think?




  5. #605
    iggyman555 Guest

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    I just think offensive players out of Oklahoma have been overrated over the last few years (except AP of course). Sam Bradford looks like a bust, Mark Clayton was a bust, Malcolm Kelly was a bust... and not just Oklahoma but the Big 12 overall has just had a ton of overrated skill position players. Landry Jones is next... kid is going to be a bust, IMO.

    Stedman Bailey's stock is volatile right now and who knows where it will end up. If he measures up at 5'10 190 at the Combine and is able to rip off a good 40 like in the 4.40 range, he could get a big boost. However, if he comes in at like 5'9 3/4 180 and runs a 4.5 40, his stock could tumble. Smaller, less physically impressive receivers seem like they get left behind in the wake of workout wonders like Stephen Hill, etc.

    I wouldn't want the Ravens to over-draft a guy like Bailey, but they need help at WR and he's a good fit. WRs are really hard to scout, though, so who knows what the Ravens think?


    demarco murray can ball if he is not injured




  6. #606

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    SI's Tony Pauline passes along word that the speculation around Wisconsin junior C Travis Frederick is that he will enter April's Draft.
    Frederick will wait until after the team's bowl game to announce his official decision. The 2013 class lacks clear names at the top for the center position, so Frederick's decision may be an easy one. The massive blocker is at his best getting push in the running game, and a switch to guard is not out of the question.
    #2 center...possibly #1 depending upon who wants to do what with Barrett Jones.
    Again, who knows what will become of Gino and which position they'll stick him, but Frederick is going to be a opening game starter for someone in 2013.




  7. #607
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    2,169

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Yea, I'm not real big on Oklahoma receivers. Maybe I'm biased? Just memories of Mark Clayton...when was the last really good receiver Oklahoma produced? Ryan Broyles looks like a good one up in Detroit, but how much of that is Megatron?

    I like Ryan Swope a lot and dude, I'm COMPLETELY on board with the Ravens getting Stedman Bailey. I just think if the Ravens want him, they'll have to get him in the 2nd round and I don't know that he'll last too long in round 2 at this point.

    I like Roy Roundtree and Markus Wheaton as well. I think Roundtree is pretty underrated.

    I am a huge fan of Ryan Swope also. That dude is tough as nails.




  8. #608
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    26,397
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    #2 center...possibly #1 depending upon who wants to do what with Barrett Jones.
    Again, who knows what will become of Gino and which position they'll stick him, but Frederick is going to be a opening game starter for someone in 2013.
    Solid player. That's for sure.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  9. #609

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I like Thompson just as much as the next guy and if Streeter develops into a decent route runner, then he could be a nice addition as well.

    However, let's not pretend that the Ravens have been very good at developing receivers, haha. We're also looking at a season where both Boldin and Jacoby may not be on the team next year, so they're going to need to re-stock with some guys who can push Doss and Torrey.

    Maybe that will be LaQuan? Or David Reed. Who knows.

    I just really like the idea of spending a mid/late round pick on a polished receiver with good hands.
    I dont disagree, never said the WR core was set, but if they do draft a mid round prospect he'll also need said upgraded pocket passing backup to help his development as well :-)




  10. #610
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,179
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Travis Federick may even be the best C in the draft class if he enters. I'm not sure if Barrett Jones is natural at C, he is more flashy and can move around better, but from everything I've seen of Federick, he's a stonewall in pass pro. He doesn't move around that well, but he doesn't make any mistakes, and doesn't miss blocks. I never see him get pushed back at all either, he has rare size for a center at 6'4 and 330 lbs, he is a load in the middle of that Oline.

    Don't be surprised to see him improve his stock towards draft day to the 2nd round, maybe even late first round, ala Kevin Zeitler.




  11. #611
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,179
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Hearing that Shayne Skov is returning to Stanford for another year. He was someone I would have loved as a second round pick. If he stays healthy next season and has another 2011 type year or plays like how he finished the year, he's going to be a first round pick next year.




  12. #612
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    26,397
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Hearing that Shayne Skov is returning to Stanford for another year. He was someone I would have loved as a second round pick. If he stays healthy next season and has another 2011 type year or plays like how he finished the year, he's going to be a first round pick next year.
    I heard that too. Good for Stanford. I do like Skov. Another year removed from his injury will be good for him though.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland