Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 28
  1. #13

    Re: Don't forget Ngata's hits on RG III



    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    The first one knocked his helmet off on a clean hit to the chest. Some thought he was hit in the helmet but pic in link shows a clean hit to the chest.
    Ngata was flagged for leading with the helmet, not for hitting RGIII above the shoulders.

    I'd love to know how the official standing behind RGIII managed to see it.




  2. #14

    Re: Don't forget Ngata's hits on RG III

    RG3 is going to go the way of Vick if he doesn't learned to slide, he hurt his back, neck and head all in one game.




  3. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Detroit Michigan
    Posts
    1,906
    There's been plenty of good young running QB's in the NFL.

    However, you don't see a whole lot of good old running QB's.

    If he keeps this up he's going to maintain that status quo.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

    –Eleanor Roosevelt




  4. #16

    Re: Don't forget Ngata's hits on RG III

    Quote Originally Posted by Sirdowski View Post
    There's been plenty of good young running QB's in the NFL.

    However, you don't see a whole lot of good old running QB's.

    If he keeps this up he's going to maintain that status quo.
    Just like old pilots, and bold pilots, but few old bold pilots.




  5. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Wilmington, North Carolina
    Posts
    2,264
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Don't forget Ngata's hits on RG III

    Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    Ngata was flagged for leading with the helmet, not for hitting RGIII above the shoulders.

    I'd love to know how the official standing behind RGIII managed to see it.

    Idiotic call.

    In fairness they had a call on DeAngelo Hall for "hitting too high" when it looked like he either pushed or bumped our WR in the chest or shoulder area, and not all that hard, and on a pass that wasn't so crazy far away that the DB should have stopped playing. The league is getting stupid with these penalties.
    No one likes us, and we don't care.




  6. #18

    Re: Don't forget Ngata's hits on RG III

    Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    Idiotic call.

    In fairness they had a call on DeAngelo Hall for "hitting too high" when it looked like he either pushed or bumped our WR in the chest or shoulder area, and not all that hard, and on a pass that wasn't so crazy far away that the DB should have stopped playing. The league is getting stupid with these penalties.
    I thought Ngata played his best game of the year. He looked fast and was causing lots of disruption.




  7. #19

    Re: Don't forget Ngata's hits on RG III

    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    The NFL doesn't want to hurt their budding superstar. That's why Ngata was flagged for a late/helmet hit.

    RG3 isn't going to last long if he keeps running around like that without sliding.
    He was flagged because the helmet popped off after he hit the ground. They called "leading with the helmet," but in the replay you can see his hands out in front and he shoves RG3 over. If the helmet doesn't pop off, the flag might not have come out. Those plays happen so fast the refs have to rely on their impression of the play as much as they do what they see. It's the same in baseball when a veteran pitcher seems to get an extra six inches on the outside of the plate: if the ball looks like it hit the spot the pitcher was aiming at, and the catcher is good and frames it on the corner, the ump calls the strike. He didn't really see the ball: he's calling what he could see and process.




  8. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    8,457
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Don't forget Ngata's hits on RG III

    Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    He was flagged because the helmet popped off after he hit the ground. They called "leading with the helmet," but in the replay you can see his hands out in front and he shoves RG3 over. If the helmet doesn't pop off, the flag might not have come out. Those plays happen so fast the refs have to rely on their impression of the play as much as they do what they see. It's the same in baseball when a veteran pitcher seems to get an extra six inches on the outside of the plate: if the ball looks like it hit the spot the pitcher was aiming at, and the catcher is good and frames it on the corner, the ump calls the strike. He didn't really see the ball: he's calling what he could see and process.
    Agreed 100%. Refs are taught to throw a flag when in doubt. If it's a bang bang play and looks "bad", they will throw that flag 10/10 times.




  9. #21

    Re: Don't forget Ngata's hits on RG III

    Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    RG3 is going to go the way of Vick if he doesn't learned to slide, he hurt his back, neck and head all in one game.
    I agree.

    RGIII also needs to take some lessons from Donovan McNabb. The Eagles let him sacrafice his body for years before they started getting him better WR's. By then his body was so beat up, he couldn't even be a pocket passer if he tried (and he did try). No reason for RGIII to learn those same lessons the hard way.




  10. #22

    Re: Don't forget Ngata's hits on RG III

    McNabb never really had the accuracy to be a good pocket passer.




  11. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    10,698
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Don't forget Ngata's hits on RG III

    Many would say the same about Joe-lol.

    Great posts everyone.
    Pic of a natural act: UBER RAVENS FAN AND HISTORIAN GURU. THE PAST IS NOT DEAD, IN FACT, IT IS NOT EVEN PAST.' WILLIAM FAULKNER.




  12. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Balmer Merlin Hon
    Posts
    2,641
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Don't forget Ngata's hits on RG III

    RG3's gotta learn to slide--that injury doesn't happen if his leg doesn't go flying up just as the DT-92 Devastator came roaring in on a low-level run.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland