Page 25 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
Results 289 to 300 of 585
  1. #289

    Re: Coaching Change -- Cam Cameron has been Fired



    The Ravens have nothing to lose by this move. We were destined to lose the next 3 games if we kept on the same path we were on. Now, Joe Flacco can show what he can do, or can't do and this will determine his contract number after the season is over. This move came from the top and hopefully everyone, including the players should be on their "P"s and "Q"s from here on.

    I am sure there will be more to come....




  2. #290

    Re: Coaching Change -- Cam Cameron has been Fired

    Quote Originally Posted by ravenwoman View Post
    The Ravens have nothing to lose by this move. We were destined to lose the next 3 games if we kept on the same path we were on. Now, Joe Flacco can show what he can do, or can't do and this will determine his contract number after the season is over. This move came from the top and hopefully everyone, including the players should be on their "P"s and "Q"s from here on.

    I am sure there will be more to come....
    I love it.

    I have been a Flacco defender over the years. I think he is a good QB. He has his flaws. But I think he has enough to win it all. And I know teams like Buffalo and Arizona would love to have someone like him.

    Now we get to see what he is really made of. Now he gets to prove to everyone what his real worth is. If I were him I'd be nervous as shit right now. But also excited. I mean he isn't just fighting for a playoff/SB run, but literally millions of dollars more in a contract. Talk about pressure! Highly compensated pressure but still pressure.




  3. #291
    iggyman555 Guest

    Re: Coaching Change -- Cam Cameron has been Fired

    Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    I love it.

    I have been a Flacco defender over the years. I think he is a good QB. He has his flaws. But I think he has enough to win it all. And I know teams like Buffalo and Arizona would love to have someone like him.

    Now we get to see what he is really made of. Now he gets to prove to everyone what his real worth is. If I were him I'd be nervous as shit right now. But also excited. I mean he isn't just fighting for a playoff/SB run, but literally millions of dollars more in a contract. Talk about pressure! Highly compensated pressure but still pressure.
    great points!




  4. #292
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    11,864
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Coaching Change -- Cam Cameron has been Fired

    Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    exactly its not like Cam hasn't been handsomely compensated over the years for his job.
    True. Every coach knows that he better save his money because there is little security
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  5. #293

    Re: Coaching Change -- Cam Cameron has been Fired

    Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    It's his own fault for doing a shit ass job!! I don't feel the least bit sorry for his ass!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    exactly its not like Cam hasn't been handsomely compensated over the years for his job.
    Yes, Cameron has been paid handsomly, and yes, it is a bottom line business (goes to my "nature of the business" comment).

    I am happy about this decision...and don't necessarily need to carry any water for Cameron...but I do feel for those impacted...and I honestly wish Cam well in the future. Sue me...




  6. #294
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Ocean City, MD
    Posts
    195

    Re: Coaching Change -- Cam Cameron has been Fired

    Opening the second half yesterday, THE WORLD knew we were running up the middle. Play action on first down would have worked. I've been saying all season I could call a better game, and I only coach 7 to 9 year olds. Caldwell is a welcome change in my world.
    Facebook -> Craig.Ciurca
    Twitter -> @papa_ciurca
    Instagram -> @papa_ciurca




  7. #295

    Re: Coaching Change -- Cam Cameron has been Fired

    You can't cut bait on a QB like Joe IMO. It is too hard to find a decent QB in this league.

    It is much easier to find a new OC. So now we get to see Joe in a setting where he will likely have more freedom to roam. So he will either sink or swim with the Cam shackles off. Either Cam was a burden or Joe has reached his peak.

    Hopefully these 3 games will shed light on things.

    I like Joe so I hope he knocks it out of the park. If he doesn't I am willing to accept that we have seen his best and will have to live or die with it.




  8. #296

    Re: Coaching Change -- Cam Cameron has been Fired

    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Give me a break. Cameron has a ton of $$$, and he gets paid for his time remaining on his contract.
    I was thinking more about his family...guess that got lost in my post.




  9. #297
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    1,385

    Re: Coaching Change -- Cam Cameron has been Fired

    Eh, I'm not sure how making the move now helps them for the rest of the season. Cam didn't let a pass rusher turnstyle Oher for a strip/fumble, and Cam didn't force Joe to not account for an overload blitz, and then, rather than eat the ball and kick a FG, force a throw that was intercepted. I'm not saying Cam was great by any stretch, and I thought they needed to move on this offseason. But I think those who are expecting a big offensive surge in production in these next few games are going to be disappointed.

    For those who favor Pees getting canned too, well....I don't see how you can fairly judge him off of this season with the ppl they're putting on the field due to injury and FA defection. Not saying he's great, just that he's been dealt a short hand.

    Oh, and I'll end with beating the guys to the punch after the Ravens next loss, whenever that is - FIRE CALDWELL!!!!!
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...





  10. #298

    Re: Coaching Change -- Cam Cameron has been Fired

    be careful steve. don't let the inmates run the assylum.




  11. #299

    Re: Coaching Change -- Cam Cameron has been Fired

    Quote Originally Posted by Saltwater_Rider View Post
    Opening the second half yesterday, THE WORLD knew we were running up the middle. Play action on first down would have worked. I've been saying all season I could call a better game, and I only coach 7 to 9 year olds. Caldwell is a welcome change in my world.
    Sitting at home watching Q3, muttering "Cam, it's OK to throw on 1st down occasionally", was just another chapter from the playbook written in crayon.




  12. #300
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Calvert County
    Posts
    1,740
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Coaching Change -- Cam Cameron has been Fired

    I'm just still wondering why it's being done now. What happened yesterday that set this in motion? I guess we may never know? I can't look at that game yesterday and point to any one thing and say that is the straw that broke the camel's back, so to speak. If the performances in Houston, in Pittsburgh, in San Diego, etc, weren't enough to get him fired then, why yesterday when they scored 28 points? Something must have happened during the game, halftime, behind the scenes, that we don't know about.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland