Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
Results 109 to 120 of 125
  1. #109
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    21,535

    Re: DC is Now the One Lone Area of the Country ....



    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Ive read that and watched the video and nowhere does he say, "we need to ban guns". the only thing i see as far as an actual ban on assault rifles is stated by "white house officials, as almost certain"
    1:09 into his most recent video, he calls for an assault weapons ban and a ban on high capacity "clips".

    I have no idea what a clip is. Pretty sure he means magazines .....

    http://www.whitehouse.gov/photos-and...d-gun-violence
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  2. #110
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,189

    Re: DC is Now the One Lone Area of the Country ....

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    1:09 into his most recent video, he calls for an assault weapons ban and a ban on high capacity "clips".

    I have no idea what a clip is. Pretty sure he means magazines .....

    http://www.whitehouse.gov/photos-and...d-gun-violence
    I'd be okay with a ban on high capacity clips, but not magazines
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  3. #111
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    21,535

    Re: DC is Now the One Lone Area of the Country ....

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I'd be okay with a ban on high capacity clips, but not magazines
    Agreed.

    Imagine how many paper cuts would be prevented if we got rid of those big ones that hold more than 15 sheets of paper?!?!

    But you know what, now that I think of it, this one chick down the hall in my office doesn't follow the rules so she's going to keep using them anyway. It's only going to hurt folks like me who follow office policy.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  4. #112
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,189

    Re: DC is Now the One Lone Area of the Country ....

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Agreed.

    Imagine how many paper cuts would be prevented if we got rid of those big ones that hold more than 15 sheets of paper?!?!

    But you know what, now that I think of it, this one chick down the hall in my office doesn't follow the rules so she's going to keep using them anyway. It's only going to hurt folks like me who follow office policy.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  5. #113

    Re: DC is Now the One Lone Area of the Country ....

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I guess. Of course I think I am right.

    Let me ask you this, seriously.

    If you say I think we need to ban assault weapons because no one should have military style weapons (because they kill a large number of people in a short amount of time) but they're not the problem in Chicago, handguns are the problem in Chicago. How do you read that any other way than, I think we need to ban handguns too? Especially when he's supported Illinois handgun bans.
    hes supported hand gun bans or bans against concealed weapons and supported licenses for them?
    -JAB




  6. #114

    Re: DC is Now the One Lone Area of the Country ....

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    1:09 into his most recent video, he calls for an assault weapons ban and a ban on high capacity "clips".

    I have no idea what a clip is. Pretty sure he means magazines .....

    http://www.whitehouse.gov/photos-and...d-gun-violence
    posted sometime this morning... but NC already showed me another article.
    -JAB




  7. #115
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,189

    Re: DC is Now the One Lone Area of the Country ....

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    hes supported hand gun bans or bans against concealed weapons and supported licenses for them?
    Semantics. If you support a complete and total ban on carry a handgun you're effectively banning them.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  8. #116
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    21,535

    Re: DC is Now the One Lone Area of the Country ....

    Some of the same conclusions we've had here are mirrored in FactCheck's latest ....

    http://factcheck.org/2012/12/gun-rhetoric-vs-gun-facts/
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  9. #117
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,189

    Re: DC is Now the One Lone Area of the Country ....

    Maybe I am over thinking this, but just wondering if anyone else sees the same thing I do and thinks this is the dumbest facebook page ever and why.

    Nation Association of People Without Guns
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  10. #118
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    21,535

    Re: DC is Now the One Lone Area of the Country ....

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Maybe I am over thinking this, but just wondering if anyone else sees the same thing I do and thinks this is the dumbest facebook page ever and why.

    Nation Association of People Without Guns
    Considering it only has 47 likes .....
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  11. #119
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,189

    Re: DC is Now the One Lone Area of the Country ....

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Considering it only has 47 likes .....
    True. I just saw a friend of mine "liked" it and thought it was stupid, for several reasons.

    First, who starts and association of people who don't have something?

    Second, why would you sign up for a group to tell other people you don't have a way to protect yourself from a break-in?

    I guess that just confirms liberal-minded people really do live in a fantasy world.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  12. #120
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,189

    Re: DC is Now the One Lone Area of the Country ....

    On another note.

    HR, is this the one you mentioned a while back that would have banned the HK you just bought?

    http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/publ...ssault-weapons

    BTW - This, will go no where.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland