Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Re: Ray Lewis radio show charges cover fee

Unless its the Howard Stern Show, I have yet to see a Radio show be entertaining in front of an audience.

Ray will draw many people if they know he will be somewhere. For example when he parks his car and walks into the stadium there a many fans waiting. The moment he is in the stadium the crowd will disperse. Again if he is at his restaurant and he is charging a fee, at least you get an autograph. Lets face it he is doing this on a monday night for a reason, the slowest night of the week for any restaurant and he could be generating more business for the Monday night game. Even if you dont go to the restaurant and pay the fee, The publicity for the restaurant is enourmous.

Not for nothing I'd pay 75 bucks to meet ray and get an autograph or picture taken with him. I would suspect most people who are going to these shows are doing that to get a picture or autograph for free. I cant get out to Training camp so if I knew where he was I'd pay but just one time. No way in hell would I go week after week, evern if it was free.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray...
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Quote Originally Posted by Fanman View Post
    Here is what I heard from a very reliable source.

$25 gets you in the door to the lower level and an autograph...only if you have also made a purchase from the gift shop.

$75 gets you on the upper level where the show is broadcast from.

My bet is the crowd sounded thin b/c nobody in their right mind would pay $25...much less $75.

Man, this makes me mad.

FM
    That is crazy...you can see a football game for less than $75. It is true and been pretty evident throughout the years that Ray is a bit full of himself.

Let's break this down!

$25.00 cover to sit in lower level and the option to get an autograph IF you purchase merchandise.

$75.00 cover to sit in the upper level and option to get an autograph IF you purchase merchandise.

In addition to the food and drinks you are going to buy. Hopefully these covers include discounted prices!

I sincerely hope this information is not correct, but if this is true then I think I had enough of learning about "Ray the Enterpreneural Man".

Here is what I heard from a very reliable source.
    Maybe someone can call up the restaurant and find out for sure.

This all sounds too second handish.

5. Re: Ray Lewis radio show charges cover fee

I heard its free to get in but $25 only if you wanted to sit the VIP area that gives you a better seat for the show.

Besides guys, its free to listen to it on the radio, you arent being forced to pay $25, also the bar is canton, know anything in canton thats "cheap"?

Those "other" radio shows dont have the "star" quality that ray does. One other thing, is the restaurant is owned by the Corner Stable, for all we know they are charging that fee to get the restaurant more $. Ray of course has some ownership in the place to put his name on it but doesnt own the place.

I dont think its any big deal....
    Season ticket holder since 1996 Section 148 Tailgate Lot H
    See my photos and video at www.bmoreravens.com

I totally disagree w/ you rfan1996. Charging any fan just to get in to the venue is a joke and insulting. I've been to plenty of radio shows and there was no cover charge. Sorry, this is above and beyond.

And I highly doubt the Bart Scott, JO or Willis shows venues will be charging any fee JUST to get in to the place.

Charging for an autograph is different, although I do not agree w/ that practice either.

FM

Where and when is the Bart Scott show broadcasted from?

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    Where and when is the Bart Scott show broadcasted from?
    Michaels in Columbia I believe.Tuesdays at 6pm

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post
    Michaels in Columbia I believe.Tuesdays at 6pm
    Thought that's where AD used to do his show.

Just read in Tony's blog it's at Della Rose's in Canton on Tuesday nights starting Sep. 4th.

I have never heard one nice thing said about the food at his restaurant. Maybe he's trying to recoup losses from the lousy food?
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Ray is an asshole.

$25 gets you in the door to the lower level and an autograph...only if you have also made a purchase from the gift shop.

$75 gets you on the upper level where the show is broadcast from.

My bet is the crowd sounded thin b/c nobody in their right mind would pay $25...much less $75.
    This is something that I also heard and checked it out with CBS Radio...here's the deal from one of my contacts there...

Ray is seated at the upper level which is much like a mezzanine or loft. Seating up there in the VIP Section is $25 per head and it was sold out. That price of $25 does not include an autograph. Great Moments Authentic has an exclusive signing arrangement with Ray and although Ray did sign some autographs for a fee, it is unclear at this point whether they will continue that practice or not.

General admission if you will, is in the lower level and seating there is free. From what I've been told there was available seating and they were not at capacity.

I hope this helps...