Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 25 to 36 of 140
  1. #25

    Re: Stop throwing to Boldin- too slow with bad hands.



    Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    I'd be surprised if he's here next year. Doss is looking more and more like a capable receiver who can take Boldin's snaps and produce, and perhaps Reed showed them something today?

    There's also Streeter waiting in the wings, and who knows what might happen in the draft. We have depth at wide-out now, I think, and between Jones and Boldin I think the older, slower guy is going to lose out.

    I'm still a big fan.
    Doss is trash who has never done anything.




  2. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    460

    Re: Stop throwing to Boldin- too slow with bad hands.

    Boldin was HUGE for us this game!!




  3. #27

    Re: Stop throwing to Boldin- too slow with bad hands.

    Well, I've been saying all year long that Boldin might not be back in 2013 but he may have made himself indispensable today.

    He doesn't separate from man coverage on the outside, but Boldin is still a monster in the slot working the middle of the field and he can still catch contested passes downfield. Obviously he was helped by seeing Cassius Vaughn and Darius Butler instead of Vontae Davis, but he still had a monstrous individual performance. I still think the Ravens have no choice but to try to reduce Boldin's cap number somehow next year.

    The other takeaways from today's game in terms of the WRs... Torrey Smith is still inconsistent, and most of all the Ravens have nothing at #3 WR. Jacoby Jones needs to focus on the RS job, and Tandon Doss was just absolutely terrible catching the ball today. I mean, he was HORRIBLE. 4 targets, 0 catches, 3 drops. I still want the Ravens to add a WR in next year's draft if only to upgrade at #3 WR.




  4. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    24,354
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Doss is trash who has never done anything.
    He had a rough game, but calling him trash? Give me a break.

    Rice fumbled twice. Is he trash too?

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  5. #29

    Re: Stop throwing to Boldin- too slow with bad hands.

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    He had a rough game, but calling him trash? Give me a break.

    Rice fumbled twice. Is he trash too?

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    What has he ever done? In today's NFL the rookies who will be good players make an impact when given the chance. He never seems to catch the ball.




  6. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,054
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Stop throwing to Boldin- too slow with bad hands.

    Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Well, I've been saying all year long that Boldin might not be back in 2013 but he may have made himself indispensable today.

    He doesn't separate from man coverage on the outside, but Boldin is still a monster in the slot working the middle of the field and he can still catch contested passes downfield. Obviously he was helped by seeing Cassius Vaughn and Darius Butler instead of Vontae Davis, but he still had a monstrous individual performance. I still think the Ravens have no choice but to try to reduce Boldin's cap number somehow next year.

    The other takeaways from today's game in terms of the WRs... Torrey Smith is still inconsistent, and most of all the Ravens have nothing at #3 WR. Jacoby Jones needs to focus on the RS job, and Tandon Doss was just absolutely terrible catching the ball today. I mean, he was HORRIBLE. 4 targets, 0 catches, 3 drops. I still want the Ravens to add a WR in next year's draft if only to upgrade at #3 WR.
    Torrey Smith had a great game today as a blocker, and made 2 or 3 nice catches, don't see how he's "inconsistent", quite the opposite IMO.




  7. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,054
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Stop throwing to Boldin- too slow with bad hands.

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    He had a rough game, but calling him trash? Give me a break.

    Rice fumbled twice. Is he trash too?

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Rice has done way more in the NFL than Doss ever will, you can't use that argument. Plus he did have over 100 yards from scrimmage...




  8. #32

    Re: Stop throwing to Boldin- too slow with bad hands.

    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Doss is trash who has never done anything.
    One game does not a career make.

    It's not as if those 3 drops were EASY catches.




  9. #33

    Re: Stop throwing to Boldin- too slow with bad hands.

    Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    One game does not a career make.

    It's not as if those 3 drops were EASY catches.
    I can bet next time he sees the field the same pattern will repeat. It will go on for a few seasons until the final diehard fans realize he is a bum and demand he be dumped.




  10. #34

    Re: Stop throwing to Boldin- too slow with bad hands.

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Torrey Smith had a great game today as a blocker, and made 2 or 3 nice catches, don't see how he's "inconsistent", quite the opposite IMO.
    He had some fantastic block but wasn't a game breaker catching the ball. He couldn't separate at all downfield from Vontae Davis and dropped a pass as well. He also had a great fade throw for a TD but he looked like he lost track of the sidelines and went out of bounds.

    I just think that he's not consistent enough to be anything more than a very good #2 WR. I did like seeing him used on crossing patterns, he got 22 yards on a deep crosser where he had to make a spectacular catch on a high throw.

    The Ravens need to get another outside WR who can win vs. man coverage, runs good routes, and consistently catches the football. I thought Doss could be that guy but he was soooo freaking bad today.




  11. #35
    If anything this should be stop throwing to tandon doss. Dude dropped 3 passes, 1 being in the end zone




  12. #36

    Re: Stop throwing to Boldin- too slow with bad hands.

    DOSS HAD A BAD GAME

    IT HAPPENS SOMETIMES

    WE STILL WON


    geez...




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland