Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 49 to 60 of 64
  1. #49

    Re: Sunday Night - 49ers at Patriots



    Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Yes, the two exceptions you bring up (in 46 occurrences) aside.
    Yo're the one who weighs Superbowls so heavily, is Eli better than his brother beacuse he won 2 to his 1? Is not Dilfer more successful in that he has won onen and Marino never did? See that is the problem with making such a close ended statement like that.




  2. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Cockeysville, MD
    Posts
    3,144

    Re: Sunday Night - 49ers at Patriots

    Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    Plus his claim is demonstrably false, even if you don't adjust for the opposing defenses. Considering Flacco had a rating of an even 10.0 in their first playoff game matchup, I am not sure what PA37 is talking about. Then when you look at their regular season game from the same year, where Flacco had a rating of 78.7 to Brady's 100.8, you realize that he was just making stuff up.

    And clearly, the implication that Flacco is even remotely comparable to Brady is laughable on its face. It is hard to tell if he is just yanking people's chains when he says stuff like that.
    Exactly. If someone wants to debate the facts using logic and reason, then I'm all for it. And if I'm wrong then I will be the first to admit it. But to just throw stuff out there without checking the facts and try to pass it off as anything other than opinion is disingenuous.




  3. #51
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    College Station, TX
    Posts
    721
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Sunday Night - 49ers at Patriots

    This comeback was only 50% Brady. The rest was the Offensive coaching staff of NE, who made serious adjustments at halftime. How many times have the Ravens been able to do that? It's an X and O league, the Ravens simply don't have it.




  4. #52

    Re: Sunday Night - 49ers at Patriots

    Quote Originally Posted by RavenMan View Post
    You're right, its just been most of the time that he has played better than him when the teams have played each other.
    3 out of 5 times he had a better QB rating. In 5 out of 5 times he was facing a massively worse defense. In 2 out of 5 games he won.

    And it wouldn't matter if the numbers were different, the implication that Flacco is anywhere near as good as Brady makes the person implying it look like a clown. No offense intended. I am not even fully convinced that guys like PA37 and yourself are being serious, it is just as plausible you are trolling considering what you are apparently arguing.




  5. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Cockeysville, MD
    Posts
    3,144

    Re: Sunday Night - 49ers at Patriots

    Quote Originally Posted by RavenMan View Post
    Yo're the one who weighs Superbowls so heavily, is Eli better than his brother beacuse he won 2 to his 1? Is not Dilfer more successful in that he has won onen and Marino never did? See that is the problem with making such a close ended statement like that.
    Believe what you want to believe. It makes no difference to me. So let me get this straight. You're comparing Flacco to Marino?




  6. #54

    Re: Sunday Night - 49ers at Patriots

    Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    Plus his claim is demonstrably false, even if you don't adjust for the opposing defenses. Considering Flacco had a rating of an even 10.0 in their first playoff game matchup, I am not sure what PA37 is talking about. Then when you look at their regular season game from the same year, where Flacco had a rating of 78.7 to Brady's 100.8, you realize that he was just making stuff up.

    And clearly, the implication that Flacco is even remotely comparable to Brady is laughable on its face. It is hard to tell if he is just yanking people's chains when he says stuff like that.
    And how is it Joe's fault about who he plays against the defense? What about the lack of talent he had on his offense vs what Brady had? Or the coaching which is honestly better than what Joe has had. Is Joe better now than Tom, no but he is no where near as bad as some of you make him out to be or actually want him to be just so you can come and say so.




  7. #55

    Re: Sunday Night - 49ers at Patriots

    Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Believe what you want to believe. It makes no difference to me. So let me get this straight. You're comparing Flacco to Marino?
    Where did I compare the two of them? I was just showing you how stupid that statement was that you made. But by all means deflect.

    For the record no he is not but many who have like Eli are not better than Marino was either and I don't think Eli is any better than Joe really except that there are those who will use the Superbowl argument as the end all be all, like a player can't have a great career without winning one or go along for the ride like Dilfer really did. If you are going to gage QBs by Superbowl wins then maybe all wins should be considered as well? See I think that is a stupid stat because teams win superbowls, many good QBs never did or could not win by themselves despite their talent they needed help at some point in the season and the playoffs




  8. #56
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,959
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Sunday Night - 49ers at Patriots

    Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    I'm so tired of this lame argument. Flacco and Brady don't play each other. They try to score on the oppponents defense, which if memory serves me correctly has the Ravens defense ranked higher every time they've squared off, including last years AFCCG, in which the Ravens had a Top 5 unit to stop Brady, while the Pats fielded one the worse units in the entire league statistically. On and btw, we lost that game. Second, Brady has 3 rings during his career, 5 SB appearances, multiple Pro Bowls. Don't ever bring his name up in an attempt to defend Joe Flacco again. You come off as being illogical.
    I don't give a shit about any superbowls Brady won while he was cheating (and had best defense in league) Flacco would win superbowls too if he was on a cheating team. Those three superbowls are irrelevant to anybody who takes the integrity of football seriously.

    Flacco hit rock bottom of his career today. But that's over. Flacco is going to prove everybody wrong.




  9. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Cockeysville, MD
    Posts
    3,144

    Re: Sunday Night - 49ers at Patriots

    Quote Originally Posted by RavenMan View Post
    Where did I compare the two of them? I was just showing you how stupid that statement was that you made. But by all means deflect.

    For the record no he is not but many who have like Eli are not better than Marino was either and I don't think Eli is any better than Joe really except that there are those who will use the Superbowl argument as the end all be all, like a player can't have a great career without winning one or go along for the ride like Dilfer really did. If you are going to gage QBs by Superbowl wins then maybe all wins should be considered as well? See I think that is a stupid stat because teams win superbowls, many good QBs never did or could not win by themselves despite their talent they needed help at some point in the season and the playoffs
    Actually you were showing how ignorant you are. Go back and read my post. The Super Bowl wins were only a part of Brady's accomplishments. I was only pointing out how ridiculous it is to try and compare Brady to Flacco. And my original post was directed toward the person wanted to use a team achievement - wins to try and defend him. My argument was if you're going to do that, then why not include the ultimate prize. Super Bowls. Hope that cleared it up for you.




  10. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Cockeysville, MD
    Posts
    3,144

    Re: Sunday Night - 49ers at Patriots

    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    I don't give a shit about any superbowls Brady won while he was cheating (and had best defense in league) Flacco would win superbowls too if he was on a cheating team. Those three superbowls are irrelevant to anybody who takes the integrity of football seriously.

    Flacco hit rock bottom of his career today. But that's over. Flacco is going to prove everybody wrong.
    Mrs. Flacco, is that you? Sorry I couldn't resist. And we don't what Flacco would do on those teams because there's no way to find out. Back in the real world, Brady has 3 rings, Flacco 0. Sorry to break it to you. He's average. I don't what he'll be in the future, but today, right now, he's middle of the road.




  11. #59
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Parkville, MD
    Posts
    2,127
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenMan View Post
    Is Joe better now than Tom, no but he is no where near as bad as some of you make him out to be or actually want him to be just so you can come and say so.
    It works both ways. Flacco is not nearly as good as some make him out/ want him to be.



    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD




  12. #60
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,959
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Sunday Night - 49ers at Patriots

    Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Mrs. Flacco, is that you? Sorry I couldn't resist. And we don't what Flacco would do on those teams because there's no way to find out. Back in the real world, Brady has 3 rings, Flacco 0. Sorry to break it to you. He's average. I don't what he'll be in the future, but today, right now, he's middle of the road.
    Tom Brady during his "3 super bowl wins" was the biggest game-manager in NFL history.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland