Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 25 to 36 of 42

Thread: Sean Payton

  1. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    11,321
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Sean Payton



    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Bisciotti is worth 1.5 billion. He has the checkbook to make a big offer too.
    And no one in the NFL has anywhere close to the money that Paul Allen the owner of the Seahawks has. That doesn't mean he's willing to just throw it around and spend more on coaches and players than he feels they are worth. Bisciotti has a different mentality than owners like Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder. He doesn't feel the need to show off with that huge checkbook
    He Who Dares.....Wins





  2. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    8,381
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Sean Payton

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    And no one in the NFL has anywhere close to the money that Paul Allen the owner of the Seahawks has. That doesn't mean he's willing to just throw it around and spend more on coaches and players than he feels they are worth. Bisciotti has a different mentality than owners like Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder. He doesn't feel the need to show off with that huge checkbook
    Bisciotti also fired Billick after giving him an extension. He's not afraid to spend money if he feels it's the right decision.




  3. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    11,321
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Sean Payton

    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Bisciotti also fired Billick after giving him an extension. He's not afraid to spend money if he feels it's the right decision.
    Is it possible that is part of the reason why Bisciotti then went the cheap route for Billick's replacement? They wanted Garrett, hired Harbaugh and interviewed Caldwell and Brian Schottenheimer. Not 1 big name coach was on their list. There wasn't even 1 former head coach on their and all were cheap options. Maybe Billick's contract took a good chunk out of the coaching budget?
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  4. #28

    Re: Sean Payton

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Jerry Jones is going to offer a boatload of cash for Payton. No other team will come close to getting him.
    Given how Garret handled the tragedy involving 2 of their players and how the Cowboys seem to have rallied around that and have won 2 in a row to get back into the playoff mix, maybe Jerry won't make a play for Payton. Getting rid of Garret might not be such a popular move in Dallas right now.




  5. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    8,381
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Sean Payton

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Is it possible that is part of the reason why Bisciotti then went the cheap route for Billick's replacement? They wanted Garrett, hired Harbaugh and interviewed Caldwell and Brian Schottenheimer. Not 1 big name coach was on their list. There wasn't even 1 former head coach on their and all were cheap options. Maybe Billick's contract took a good chunk out of the coaching budget?
    Nobody really knows except Bisciotti. Personally, I've met Bisciotti before, and I can tell you he doesn't settle for mediocrity. I was good friends with a guy that went to school with his son, so I had a chance to meet Bisciotti and a few players.




  6. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Westminster (FORMER Training Camp)
    Posts
    688

    Re: Sean Payton

    Or perhaps Bisciotti did not want another ego-driven Head Coach who thought he was above everybody else. Hard to pinpoint the "why" but I do not see the organization as one that looks to those who self-serve.
    Captain Offense




  7. #31

    Re: Sean Payton

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Jerry Jones is going to offer a boatload of cash for Payton. No other team will come close to getting him.
    This, not to mention Peyton has a home there, among other connections.




  8. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    19,960
    Signs again with the Saints.

    5 year deal, reportedly making him the highest paid coach in the league.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  9. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    8,381
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Sean Payton

    8 mil a year apparently. quite the bounty lol




  10. #34

    Re: Sean Payton

    Why do people think Biscuit is unhappy with the team? Where is this news coming from? Are there any quotes, or is it just speculation?




  11. #35

    Re: Sean Payton

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    Why do people think Biscuit is unhappy with the team? Where is this news coming from? Are there any quotes, or is it just speculation?
    Wouldn't the fact that he was involved in the firing of Cameron an indication that not only is he unhappy, but that he's willing to make necessary changes to the coaching staff to help fix things and right the ship?




  12. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    section 132
    Posts
    2,644
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Sean Payton

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Signs again with the Saints.

    5 year deal, reportedly making him the highest paid coach in the league.
    Highest paid coach in American sports.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland