Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Blog Entries

Re: Will Reed get suspended? I suspect so

The hits that got Harrison suspended were head hits. Quite a difference in your wish of eliminating all hits from football.
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    The hits that got Harrison suspended were head hits. Quite a difference in your wish of eliminating all hits from football.
    And if he tried to tackle... what do you think would have happened, lower target area perhaps?
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Those are two of the charities, not the ONLY two.

They also donate to Shriner's Hospital and The United Way via NFL Charities.
    I'd love to see a break down of how much goes where. I suspect the lion's share go directly to benefiting their own retirees and their families.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Exactly. Ryan Clark is almost always launching and just laying guys out, he almost never tries to tackle.

James Harrison is another, his few hits two years ago (or it might have been last year) that got him suspended, on Massaquoi, (the other I can't remember) and than Colt McCoy, had he tried to wrap them up, all most likely would have avoided injury and he would have not been flagged or suspended.
    Gotta call BS on this one. Ryan Clark is a good tackler and a big hitter. By the way watch the Massaquoi hit it is the classsic case of a receiver lowering his head that everyone screams about.

Quote Originally Posted by DkBlue View Post
    Gotta call BS on this one. Ryan Clark is a good tackler and a big hitter. By the way watch the Massaquoi hit it is the classsic case of a receiver lowering his head that everyone screams about.
    We'll agree to disagree about Clark.

But here is a PERFECT example of a guy who is hitting instead of tackling and how it is DIRECTLY responsible for an injury.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin

OR we could go with this one.

Or this one.