Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Re: Will Reed get suspended? I suspect so

If i am the Ravens I would be proactive on this one and send it in to the league for review just like they would send in any play for review and explanation (J. Jones TD., Dickson Block, etc...)

If he is suspended it should not be for more than one game in a game he would be sitting anyway. So he should just take it and not risk the appeal and missing the playoffs.

He blew him up with a shoulder.

It seemed to me, and maybe I'm wrong about this, but the ref didn't throw the flag until the receiver didn't get up right away. It was a total BS call and it appears that Reed and Pollard are marked men by the officials.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Benny-
    "OT: THE REFS CALLED A SHIT GAME ALL AROUND."

I agree with you here, mon ami. I learned from a very distinguished gentleman during my soccer career that bitching about the refereeing was for losers, but (especially) since we won the game, I feel comfortable in saying that I was very disappointed with this week's officiating crew. After listening to all the pissing and moaning over the replacement refs, and then seeing what we get from the "real" refs,...C'MON, MAN! This is crap! Reed goes in with his shoulder, OBVIOUSLY! The replay clearly shows this.

To add, there were too many calls today, both ways, where the refs just didn't seem to have a clue. I'm not an Oliver Stone fan by any means, but if there were any instance where it seemed like the stripes wanted to give a "big market" team an opportunity to come back from down a few scores, this was it. Not saying the fix was in, but this kind of shit officiating gets in the way of enjoying a good football match as well as denigrating the integrity of the game.

p.s. I'm glad the Ravens won!

If Reed's play was a penalty - it is time to change the rules to a 2 hand touch has the receiver down. It is the only way to prevent receivers from being hit (hard).

Led with his shoulder, hit the receiver in the chest and Reed had more momentum so the receiver went backwards. A good CLEAN sure handed tackle.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny8444 View Post
    i think when it comes to suspending a player the intent of the play is the determining role as that was the case when he was fined 50K vs 435K and one game. If a player clearly leans with his head he should be fined and possibly suspended but if he leans with his shoulder and tries to avoid the head he should not. No doubt it will get flagged but that should be it and I think they need to change the rule to allow for the refs to judge the palyers intent before throwing the flag because as it stands now any hit to a defenseless WRs head is a penelty and will be called.

OT: THE REFS CALLED A SHIT GAME ALL AROUND.
    Bring back the Replacements!

Blog Entries
    I wonder if the refs will be suspended for taking a TD away from Jacoby?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com

Reed won't get suspended.

Reason: another Ravens defender came in and hit Cruz in the back (he got sandwiched basically) which knocked Cruz's head forward slightly and that caused Reed to lightly contact Cruz's helmet with his shoulder.

Rule is that if contact to helmet occurs when the WR is being hit by somebody else, no flag, no fine.

This officiating crew had its head up its collective ass today. They blew so many calls, I lost track.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Doubtfull, it was a BS call and everyone knows it. Even the commentators said so from what I heard.

I really think the NFL needs to start holding ref's accountable.
    Soon we will be watching flag footabll as I am sure that the idiot Goodall will be fining people for hitting receivers and runners at the knees. What is happening to the NFL? Hits are part of the game otherwise why not watch golf or badminton.

Refs tried to swing the game back to the Giants. But the Ravens held strong and still got points!!

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleRaven View Post
    Soon we will be watching flag footabll as I am sure that the idiot Goodall will be fining people for hitting receivers and runners at the knees. What is happening to the NFL? Hits are part of the game otherwise why not watch golf or badminton.
    Last night was pretty bad. On that one drive we were joking in the stands that if we scored it would be a 20 play 140 yard drive,lol. Longest in history.

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleRaven View Post
    James Harrison got the message from the NFL when they suspended him for his head hunting . He admitted that now he tackles(aims lower) at an wr's or rb's knees. Looks like the NFL is ok with blowing out players' knees. The NFL is now clearly after Ed Reed's style of tackling. Ed won his appeal, but if I remember, there was a warning about any future hits like that very same kind of hit. I believe Ed's hit on Cruz was legal however I started watching NFL football in the sixties, when football used to be a contact sport!