Page 24 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
Results 277 to 288 of 532

Thread: Black Monday

  1. #277
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    24,895
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Black Monday



    Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    I agree to an extent. I don't like the fit of Chip Kelly for the Browns and it sounds like he's their first choice. Bill O'Brien is their second choice and that could be a decent fit... obviously O'Brien has experience turning bad situations around. But I think a guy like Lovie Smith or Mike Nolan are both good choices. Defense is the strength of the Browns and they need to grow that team with smothering defense, a good running game, and a passing attack that controls and protects the football and moves methodically down the field.

    Honestly the Browns are a team on the rise and if they had a competent coaching staff and GM with real winning DNA, they could go far. They need to hit on another draft class to upgrade the team talent level, and they need coaches that can consistently motivate and put together winning game plans. They could easily be a playoff team in 2014 if they get the right people running the ship.

    As for the Bills... sounds like they're going to hire Whisenhunt and I don't really get that. I like Ken Whisenhunt a lot but the reason he failed in Arizona is that he never had a real QB to run his offense. Now he's going to go to Buffalo where they don't have a real QB either? Seems like they'll be taking a QB early in the draft and seeing if he can beat out Fitzpatrick, not sure if that will happen in this draft class. Can Tyler Wilson or Tyler Bray step in and be what Ben Roethlisberger was when Whisenhunt was in Pittsburgh? They ran the ball well and asked Ben to throw off play-action and convert some 3rd downs. Maybe...

    If I were Buffalo I would be looking at Chip Kelly. They already have experience in the spread from Chan Gailey's time there, and they could easily go out and get a QB who can run the spread option. They have GREAT personnel to run that system and it could catch teams by surprise.
    I agree about Chip Kelly to Buffalo.

    CJ Spiller is perfect for Kelly's offense and they already have 2 QB's on their offense who can run the spread zone-read (Brad Smith and Tarvares Jackson). Buffalo could also make a move for Tajh Boyd.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  2. #278
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    8,519
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Black Monday

    Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    I agree to an extent. I don't like the fit of Chip Kelly for the Browns and it sounds like he's their first choice. Bill O'Brien is their second choice and that could be a decent fit... obviously O'Brien has experience turning bad situations around. But I think a guy like Lovie Smith or Mike Nolan are both good choices. Defense is the strength of the Browns and they need to grow that team with smothering defense, a good running game, and a passing attack that controls and protects the football and moves methodically down the field.

    Honestly the Browns are a team on the rise and if they had a competent coaching staff and GM with real winning DNA, they could go far. They need to hit on another draft class to upgrade the team talent level, and they need coaches that can consistently motivate and put together winning game plans. They could easily be a playoff team in 2014 if they get the right people running the ship.
    One reporter from NFLN tweeted that he spoke with an unnamed NFL exec, and he said that the Browns have the best young roster to work with out of all the coaching jobs open. I agree with that too. They really aren't that far off.




  3. #279
    Whatever Buffalo wants. I'm for anything that can lead to a consistent challenger for NE.
    Back to the AFCCG we go. So get ready!

    Having fun talking football on Twitter @BigPlayReceiver




  4. #280

    Re: Black Monday

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The goal isn't to get to the playoffs every year. Call it spoiled if you want but I don't see why the Ravens fans should be aiming lower than the Steelers, Giants and Patriots fans do. That doesn't mean you fire Harbaugh but it does mean he should be criticized.
    OK, but what is that criticism?
    For getting the Ravens to win the division this year. That is about what the talent level on the team would have as a reasonable expectation this year. And that was with a healthy team.
    IMO, with the talent level on this team, he has had a successful year.


    On a side note, I know most are focusing on at the cooridinator level, but a big improvement could be made with some new good position coaches.




  5. #281
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    13,669
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Black Monday

    Browns should take a hard look at Syracuse coach Doug Marrone
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  6. #282
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    12,242
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Black Monday

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Browns should take a hard look at Syracuse coach Doug Marrone
    I heard he was on their list and on the Bills list.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  7. #283

    Re: Black Monday

    Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Won't be long now, Rex Ryan will go on record again proclaiming a SB will happen for the jets. One more year like the last two the jets had and rex will get canned.
    Can't really be sure until he and Woodrow are done with their EOS assessment. From Rick Cimini:

    This just in: Neither Rex Ryan nor Woody Johnson will be available today to comment on, like, everything. #Jets




  8. #284
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    13,669
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Black Monday

    Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Can't really be sure until he and Woodrow are done with their EOS assessment. From Rick Cimini:
    what a circus
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  9. #285
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    24,895
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Black Monday

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-coaching-job/

    Dirk Koetter opts to stay with the Falcons as their OC. Must not have been able to get what he wanted to move up to HC.

    The Browns, Chiefs, and Eagles were all interested in him. None of those teams really have that great of a QB...so maybe that's why he didn't leave? I bet if San Diego came calling he may change his mind.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  10. #286

    Re: Black Monday

    Anyone else look at these reports of Reid nearing a deal with the Cardinals and immediately think of Buddy Ryan, the last long-serving Eagles coach, who made the same move when Philly dumped him? Or is it just me?
    Festivus

    His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.




  11. #287
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    12,242
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Black Monday

    Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Anyone else look at these reports of Reid nearing a deal with the Cardinals and immediately think of Buddy Ryan, the last long-serving Eagles coach, who made the same move when Philly dumped him? Or is it just me?
    It makes me think of Dennis Green going to the Cardinals.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  12. #288

    Re: Black Monday

    Sure, but he was with the Vikings first.

    It just caught my eye, that Buddy Ryan, the last really colorful coach of the Eagles, went to Arizona too.
    Festivus

    His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland