Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 85 to 96 of 202
  1. #85
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    8,521
    Blog Entries
    4


    @CSNbaltimore: In Tom Brady's career (including playoffs), the #Ravens are the only team he has thrown more interceptions than TD against #RavensTalk


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk




  2. #86
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    8,521
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by mgcolby View Post
    I did and how old is Champ?

    Or better yet....Did you really just mention Champ to qualify Smith's speed?
    He's not just doing it to champ it was just the most recent example against a probowl corner. Look at Torrey's yard per completion average

    In two career games vs. Patriots (incl. playoffs), WR Torrey Smith has 9 catches for 209 yards (23.2 avg.) with 3 TDs.





    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk




  3. #87

    Re: How we should attack the Patriots

    Quote Originally Posted by mgcolby View Post
    McCourtey runs a 4.3 and Smith runs a 4.4???

    I don't think Flacco can get it done with consistancy, but that is what it will take for the Ravens to win. If they can move the ball over the middle without Flacco making mistakes it will be tough for New England.
    In shorts and a TShirt at the combine doesn't make for a adequate representation. Torrey has run past every corner in the league, to include burning your precious McCourty in the first match up. But it really doesn't matter because he won't be running with him anyway. So the whole argument is moot.




  4. #88

    Re: How we should attack the Patriots

    Quote Originally Posted by mgcolby View Post
    I did and how old is Champ?

    Or better yet....Did you really just mention Champ to qualify Smith's speed?
    40 times mean about jcksquat. How fast can the guy tun his hips? How fast can he turn it on? How quickly can he recognize a play nd take the best available angle? All these are far far more important than 40 time in shorts and a tshirt. Hell if 40 times at the combine meant anything than Heyward Bey should have 2000 yard seasons every year. Or they should've brought in the "Bolt" or just scout the track guysat the olympics. Hell I'll take the whole Kenyan team for 500 alex and go 4 wide on fly's every down. Lets see your McCourty, or Champ or anyone stop that!




  5. #89

    Re: How we should attack the Patriots

    Look I know how fast Torrey Smith is. And I respect his threat, but there is more to beating guys deep then speed, see Jerry Rice. I was simply pointing out we have fast guys in the back end and Belichick won't be dumb enough to leave him in Man.

    And he did torch us in Week 3 and to a lesser extent (going off memory) in last year's AFCCG. But this secondary is completely different from either of those games. Sterling Moore, Ighedibo (can never spell his name right), Chung, etc... are not roaming around back there.

    Talib and Dennard are at CB and have made a huge difference. Now we have McCourty at Safety where we can use his athleticism while letting him react to the ball in front of him. Gregory is a big upgrade over Chung in the coverage area, not so much in the big hit, run stuffing role. And Arrington has been very good inside in the slot. It is not the same secondary.




  6. #90

    Re: How we should attack the Patriots

    Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    40 times mean about jcksquat. How fast can the guy tun his hips? How fast can he turn it on? How quickly can he recognize a play nd take the best available angle? All these are far far more important than 40 time in shorts and a tshirt. Hell if 40 times at the combine meant anything than Heyward Bey should have 2000 yard seasons every year. Or they should've brought in the "Bolt" or just scout the track guysat the olympics. Hell I'll take the whole Kenyan team for 500 alex and go 4 wide on fly's every down. Lets see your McCourty, or Champ or anyone stop that!
    I completely agree with you. Although, the Colts didn't have any problem stopping Smith. They just didn't have enough horses to stop Boldin.




  7. #91
    I like how players are always devalued after playing the Ravens, Champ Bailey is a Pro Bowler and 2nd team All-Pro this year (not to mention the rhetoric before the game was that he'd shut Torrey down) and now because he was toasted by Torrey he's just an old, overrated corner.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2




  8. #92
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    8,521
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    I like how players are always devalued after playing the Ravens, Champ Bailey is a Pro Bowler and 2nd team All-Pro this year (not to mention the rhetoric before the game was that he'd shut Torrey down) and now because he was toasted by Torrey he's just an old, overrated corner.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    All last week I heard how bad champ was gonna shut down Torrey and now champ is a washed up scrub. It's hilarious


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk




  9. #93

    Re: How we should attack the Patriots

    Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    In shorts and a TShirt at the combine doesn't make for a adequate representation. Torrey has run past every corner in the league, to include burning your precious McCourty in the first match up. But it really doesn't matter because he won't be running with him anyway. So the whole argument is moot.
    Can you debate it like an adult or do you have to throw in childish comments "your Precious" McCourtey?

    Second, McCourtey was playing CB then and for whatever reason he just struggled over the past two years at CB. His athleticism has been on display since moving to safety and has really solidified the back end of the defense. His range is impressive, because of his speed.




  10. #94

    Re: How we should attack the Patriots

    We'll get our chances to go deep as we have all year. If you double up on Smith someone will get single coverage underneath. You can't double up on everyone with 11 players. What if we have Jones and Smith in, do we now draw 4 players to cover 2? In the Colts game Smith drew the safety into double coverage allowing Boldin to get isolated for big gains. I also expect to expose the linebackers in coverage. NFL network just showed when we played earlier in the year 2 linebackers trying to bracket Rice coming out of the backfield and they were too slow to contain him for a big game. It'll be a cat and mouse game on both sides. Like the Broncos game I expect to see some big plays and turnovers will have a huge impact on the game. Win the turnover battle will go a long way to winning the game.




  11. #95

    Re: How we should attack the Patriots

    Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    I like how players are always devalued after playing the Ravens, Champ Bailey is a Pro Bowler and 2nd team All-Pro this year (not to mention the rhetoric before the game was that he'd shut Torrey down) and now because he was toasted by Torrey he's just an old, overrated corner.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Pro Bowls don't mean anything, its a popularity contest. Second, he is a solid corner, but he doesn't have the speed to shut down fast receivers any longer, he gets by on wit at this point. In addition look at who they played for offenses during their winning streak? Not exactly murderers row of WR/QB combos, NO was impressive to a degree but they were hit or miss this year. Your team was struggling on offense and missing Dickson when they played you. Dalton wasn't playing all that great in the 2nd half of the season etc....

    I'm not devaluaing him because of your game, he simply isn't the same guy and hasn't been for the better part of the last two years.




  12. #96
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    8,521
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by mgcolby View Post
    Pro Bowls don't mean anything, its a popularity contest. Second, he is a solid corner, but he doesn't have the speed to shut down fast receivers any longer, he gets by on wit at this point. In addition look at who they played for offenses during their winning streak? Not exactly murderers row of WR/QB combos, NO was impressive to a degree but they were hit or miss this year. Your team was struggling on offense and missing Dickson when they played you. Dalton wasn't playing all that great in the 2nd half of the season etc....

    I'm not devaluaing him because of your game, he simply isn't the same guy and hasn't been for the better part of the last two years.
    Stop talking out of your ass

    This season Bailey has been responsible for stopping the opposition’s top receiver, and has done so while leading the league in Yards per Coverage Snap, with 0.82. He has done especially well during the Past five games — teams have avoided him, throwing his way only 16 times, and Bailey allowed just half of them to be caught for 85 yards.

    From pff



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland