Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
Results 109 to 120 of 145
  1. #109

    Re: Patriots Fans put up Billboard Counting Days till Ray's Retirement



    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    What false facts did I present? And that was not directed at you, which if you weren't trying to be argumentative, you probably would have noticed.
    It's a pretty common misconception that Brady gets "all the RTP calls," and time and time again I see the charts with calls against and Brady has pretty much always been towards the bottom of the list. YOU guys think he gets all the calls because most of the RTP calls he does get normally seems to come against the Ravens and Steelers, but that's just what you perceive. I don't know, you think he gets all the calls, we don't (surprise surprise on both sides). Nobody'll change their mind any time soon





  2. #110
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    6,879

    Re: Patriots Fans put up Billboard Counting Days till Ray's Retirement

    Quote Originally Posted by Gronkey Kong View Post
    It's a pretty common misconception that Brady gets "all the RTP calls," and time and time again I see the charts with calls against and Brady has pretty much always been towards the bottom of the list. YOU guys think he gets all the calls because most of the RTP calls he does get normally seems to come against the Ravens and Steelers, but that's just what you perceive. I don't know, you think he gets all the calls, we don't (surprise surprise on both sides). Nobody'll change their mind any time soon
    I do think Brady gets ticky tack calls when he gets touched. But the reason he is towards the bottom RTP calls is not because he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt, he has great protection (tied for 5 fewest sacks this year) and a short quick passing game, so nobody has time to get to him.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  3. #111

    Re: Patriots Fans put up Billboard Counting Days till Ray's Retirement

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    My answer has nothing to do with why he gets calls. You asked why he didn't this year, I answered you.

    You have a good team, so do we, somebody will win, somebody won't, go troll somewhere else if you're just looking to argue.

    I'm not looking to argue. But what you just said makes zero sense. your statements are one in the same. He obviously doesn't get calls, therefore there is no reason to substantiate why he gets calls.

    And since 2010 he is 29th (4th least) in the league in receiving Roughing the passer calls. He doesn't get them very often, period. Its not debatable.




  4. #112

    Re: Patriots Fans put up Billboard Counting Days till Ray's Retirement

    Quote Originally Posted by Gronkey Kong View Post
    Dude, not everybody who wants to call out your false facts is a troll. It's called debate
    Actually this post is about the billboard, but I'll play.

    Remember this? Ravens fans do.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75YPZmpp1Wk

    Suggs got a call for hitting his aura, Dora. Most roughing calls actually involve contact.

    Google it and you'll be able to read all day about what's commonly referred to as "the Tom Brady rule". It is an established consensus view already played out in the court of fandom opinion. Let it go.

    Past this, Brady is an excellent quarterback. I hope the game is called fairly and we get many clean and painful hits on him.




  5. #113
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    6,879

    Re: Patriots Fans put up Billboard Counting Days till Ray's Retirement

    Quote Originally Posted by mgcolby View Post
    I'm not looking to argue. But what you just said makes zero sense. your statements are one in the same. He obviously doesn't get calls, therefore there is no reason to substantiate why he gets calls.

    And since 2010 he is 29th (4th least) in the league in receiving Roughing the passer calls. He doesn't get them very often, period. Its not debatable.
    See above. It is not debatable he has good protection and a short passing game either.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  6. #114

    Re: Patriots Fans put up Billboard Counting Days till Ray's Retirement

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I do think Brady gets ticky tack calls when he gets touched. But the reason he is towards the bottom RTP calls is not because he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt, he has great protection (tied for 5 fewest sacks this year) and a short quick passing game, so nobody has time to get to him.

    Again the facts don't support your argument. He was hit 6 times on Sunday alone. Brady was hit one more time than Tannehill on the season and yet received 5 less roughing the passer penalties. And was hit 4 more times than Oakland QB's this season and yet received 4 less RTP calls.

    To bring it home he was hit two less times than Flacco and they both received two RTP penalties this season.




  7. #115
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    6,879

    Re: Patriots Fans put up Billboard Counting Days till Ray's Retirement

    Quote Originally Posted by mgcolby View Post
    Again the facts don't support your argument. He was hit 6 times on Sunday alone. Brady was hit one more time than Tannehill on the season and yet received 5 less roughing the passer penalties. And was hit 4 more times than Oakland QB's this season and yet received 4 less RTP calls.

    To bring it home he was hit two less times than Flacco and they both received two RTP penalties this season.
    I don't know where to get a "hits" stat. But based on sacks he is towards the bottom.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  8. #116

    Re: Patriots Fans put up Billboard Counting Days till Ray's Retirement

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I don't know where to get a "hits" stat. But based on sacks he is towards the bottom.
    http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...true&Submit=Go

    Because he gets rid of the ball quick. But that also goes more towards the argument that he should get more calls, IMO. Because he gets rid of the ball and many times players take more than one step before they hit him.
    Last edited by mgcolby; 01-17-2013 at 02:37 PM.




  9. #117
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    6,879

    Re: Patriots Fans put up Billboard Counting Days till Ray's Retirement

    Okay, I'm not sure what this proves other than my point about good protection (low sacks) and quick passing game (21st in hits).
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  10. #118

    Re: Patriots Fans put up Billboard Counting Days till Ray's Retirement

    Quote Originally Posted by mgcolby View Post
    I'm not looking to argue. But what you just said makes zero sense. your statements are one in the same. He obviously doesn't get calls, therefore there is no reason to substantiate why he gets calls.

    And since 2010 he is 29th (4th least) in the league in receiving Roughing the passer calls. He doesn't get them very often, period. Its not debatable.
    You're right. after 2009, the refs stopped giving brady everything he wanted. He tried to get flags thrown but the refs ignored him. No special treatment you say, wasn't the tuck rule because the pats fumbled and then the tuck rule was invoked? Maybe I'm wromg, but brady and peyton were honored guests by the refs when they played. Other QBs did not get the same calls those to received.After 2009, brady lost his ability to look at a ref and get an automatic penalty thrown. If you were a fan of any other team, you would agree. Hell, Flacco got so beat up one year and the refs didn't see a thing. Turned their heads and ignored the extra action Flacco receive going out of bounds or slam to the ground. Brady has never seen the ground as hard as other QBs have. I'm glad the refs now consider him one of the boys, hope they stay that way on sunday. Mr Suggs missed the first game this year and has some making up to do.LOL




  11. #119

    Re: Patriots Fans put up Billboard Counting Days till Ray's Retirement

    Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    You're right. after 2009, the refs stopped giving brady everything he wanted. He tried to get flags thrown but the refs ignored him. No special treatment you say, wasn't the tuck rule because the pats fumbled and then the tuck rule was invoked? Maybe I'm wromg, but brady and peyton were honored guests by the refs when they played. Other QBs did not get the same calls those to received.After 2009, brady lost his ability to look at a ref and get an automatic penalty thrown. If you were a fan of any other team, you would agree. Hell, Flacco got so beat up one year and the refs didn't see a thing. Turned their heads and ignored the extra action Flacco receive going out of bounds or slam to the ground. Brady has never seen the ground as hard as other QBs have. I'm glad the refs now consider him one of the boys, hope they stay that way on sunday. Mr Suggs missed the first game this year and has some making up to do.LOL

    Ok I'm done. You guys can believe perception all you like. And no the Tuck rule was the actual call in 2001. It amazes me how uninformed people are about things they like to use to defend their hatred of the Patriots. How many Pats games have you actually watched over the past several years?

    Do you guys actually talk x's and o's here? Everything seems to be about hyperbole stuff. We have our fairshare of that at Patsfans but we do usually get two or three good threads breaking down the opponent. I came here to get a perspective on how you guys think the Ravens will attack/defend the Pats. I found one thread that was somewhat related and posted some x's and o's and so far nothing in response. But I mention a billboard and get several.




  12. #120
    iggyman555 Guest

    Re: Patriots Fans put up Billboard Counting Days till Ray's Retirement

    Quote Originally Posted by mgcolby View Post
    Ok I'm done. You guys can believe perception all you like. And no the Tuck rule was the actual call in 2001. It amazes me how uninformed people are about things they like to use to defend their hatred of the Patriots. How many Pats games have you actually watched over the past several years?

    Do you guys actually talk x's and o's here? Everything seems to be about hyperbole stuff. We have our fairshare of that at Patsfans but we do usually get two or three good threads breaking down the opponent. I came here to get a perspective on how you guys think the Ravens will attack/defend the Pats. I found one thread that was somewhat related and posted some x's and o's and so far nothing in response. But I mention a billboard and get several.
    bye bye troll




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland