Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 37 to 48 of 57

Thread: Rob Gronkowski

  1. #37

    Re: Rob Gronkowski



    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Leading to a forearm breaking?
    Back injuries lead to imbalances in the rest of the body, as the body tries to compensate. The notion that someone has shoulder pain, doesn't mean that the key injury is in the shoulder. The shoulder pain could be the effect of an injury in another part of the body that is leading to improper or overusage of another part of the body.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  2. #38

    Re: Rob Gronkowski

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Back injuries lead to imbalances in the rest of the body, as the body tries to compensate. The notion that someone has shoulder pain, doesn't mean that the key injury is in the shoulder. The shoulder pain could be the effect of an injury in another part of the body that is leading to improper or overusage of another part of the body.
    That kind of explanation holds up with soft tissue damage but not with broken bones, IMO.




  3. #39

    Re: Rob Gronkowski

    Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    That kind of explanation holds up with soft tissue damage but not with broken bones, IMO.
    If those bones are weak and suddenly overused, for example, the explanation does hold.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  4. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    11,868
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Rob Gronkowski

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Back injuries lead to imbalances in the rest of the body, as the body tries to compensate. The notion that someone has shoulder pain, doesn't mean that the key injury is in the shoulder. The shoulder pain could be the effect of an injury in another part of the body that is leading to improper or overusage of another part of the body.
    Did you see the last game? It was a diving catch. He landed on the arm. He doesn't even have a back injury right now. That could happen to any player who flies through the air trying to catch a ball out of reach
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  5. #41

    Re: Rob Gronkowski

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    If those bones are weak and suddenly overused, for example, the explanation does hold.
    If Gronkowski is constantly using his forearm to break his fall, due to a psychological hesitance to use his back for support, due to worry over the back issues, and the forearm is weak, for example, it could happen, and it's only a matter of time before it happens in some cases.

    Sorry for quoting myself.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  6. #42

    Re: Rob Gronkowski

    GoodandFast is right in that my explanation is stronger, in regards to soft tissue damage. I'm just trying to explain how it can still relate to bone injury, especially in a sport such as football.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  7. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    11,868
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Rob Gronkowski

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    If Gronkowski is constantly using his forearm to break his fall, due to a psychological hesitance to use his back for support, due to worry over the injury, and the forearm is weak, for example, it could happen.

    Sorry for quoting myself.
    You are so reaching. Go back and watch the play.

    Ozzie wasn't worried about soft bones or psychological hesitance. Ozzie was worried about someone who's back could go out and cause him to miss lots of games. That hasn't happened. I would bet anything that if Ozzie could go back and draft Gronkowski he would have as would every other GM in the NFL.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  8. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    8,457
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Rob Gronkowski

    I don't know how you can say a broken forearm was caused by a bad back.




  9. #45

    Re: Rob Gronkowski

    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I don't know how you can say a broken forearm was caused by a bad back.
    Overcompensation is one way of saying it.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  10. #46

    Re: Rob Gronkowski

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    You are so reaching. Go back and watch the play.

    Ozzie wasn't worried about soft bones or psychological hesitance. Ozzie was worried about someone who's back could go out and cause him to miss lots of games. That hasn't happened. I would bet anything that if Ozzie could go back and draft Gronkowski he would have as would every other GM in the NFL.
    Ozzie is a GM and Hall of Famer in the sport. I would expect him to understand the intricacies of back injuries and how they can effect a player.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  11. #47

    Re: Rob Gronkowski

    GOTA, the Sword has spoken. I don't see how there's anything left for you to say.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  12. #48
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    11,868
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Rob Gronkowski

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    GOTA, the Sword has spoken. I don't see how there's anything left for you to say.
    You've said it all my friend and I don't see anyone you convinced.

    As I wrote before. I completely agree with Ozzie's logic and posted that during that draft. If Ozzie really did have a crystal ball I bet he would have done things differently knowing what kind of player Gronkowski has become.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland