Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 32
  1. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    19,948

    Re: Self-Loathing Fans?



    Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post
    Likewise I love my Ravens, that doesn't mean I agree with everything they do. That I will or should cast a bind eye to the things they do that I disagree with just because I am a "Fan" is absurd to me.

    I am a Baltimorean and I love my city, I will always cheer for the Orioles, and I will always cheer for the Ravens. That doesn't mean the Orioles and Peter Angelos don't piss me off. Also I sometime disagree with things the Raven's and the Players do.
    Arent we saying the same thing? I love my home town of Baltimore too. But when people get on here and criticize if Ray was at the last preseason game or if someone was charged a fee to get into a business?

    That's just looking for something to complain about. Victims, especially the kind that seek attention, bore the heck out of me.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.





  2. #14

    Re: Self-Loathing Fans?

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Arent we saying the same thing? I love my home town of Baltimore too. But when people get on here and criticize if Ray was at the last preseason game or if someone was charged a fee to get into a business?

    That's just looking for something to complain about. Victims, especially the kind that seek attention, bore the heck out of me.
    It really started out as an interesting thread.

    The only thing that really ticks me off on message boards is bad manners. Now you've gone ahead and called all those who don't agree with your opinion about this or that 'victims' who 'bore' you.

    Well, if you like it here, stay. You are welcome. But don't stick around if my fellow posters or I "bore" you. Really.
    Festivus

    His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.




  3. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    2

    Re: Self-Loathing Fans?

    Shocker... people complain... this isn't something new that you only see about the Ravens, I haven't ever been apart of a situation where everyone just agrees with one another and drink the same kool aid all day long.

    This board has always been more interesting because of the conflicting point of views and even some of the negativity that comes with it, if you don't like it, well you don't have to post or read. Rather simple if you ask me.




  4. #16

    Re: Self-Loathing Fans?

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Arent we saying the same thing? I love my home town of Baltimore too. But when people get on here and criticize if Ray was at the last preseason game or if someone was charged a fee to get into a business?

    That's just looking for something to complain about. Victims, especially the kind that seek attention, bore the heck out of me.
    Just because you are a fan of something doesn't mean there is no room for criticism. The Ravens are an organization made up of many different individuals with all sorts of different personalities. I can be a fan of the Ravens and still think McGahee is a tool, or that Ray's dance is stupid, or that Boller is a no talent hack.




  5. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    19,948

    Re: Self-Loathing Fans?

    Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    It really started out as an interesting thread.

    The only thing that really ticks me off on message boards is bad manners. Now you've gone ahead and called all those who don't agree with your opinion about this or that 'victims' who 'bore' you.

    Well, if you like it here, stay. You are welcome. But don't stick around if my fellow posters or I "bore" you. Really.
    Thats not what I said at all ... and the fact you've taken this personal only proves my point.

    Of course criticsm is good. It's the fans that whine about everything AND anything that bore me. If that tag some how hits home for you, I dont think I am that far off in MY criticism.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  6. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    19,948

    Re: Self-Loathing Fans?

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPoe View Post
    Shocker... people complain... this isn't something new that you only see about the Ravens, I haven't ever been apart of a situation where everyone just agrees with one another and drink the same kool aid all day long.

    This board has always been more interesting because of the conflicting point of views and even some of the negativity that comes with it, if you don't like it, well you don't have to post or read. Rather simple if you ask me.
    Wow ... its amazing how many people took exception to my crisiticsm when I didnt name one name.

    Lemme be clear .... criticism is damn good and healthy. We would not be true fans without it. I am calling out the people who criticise anything and everything about our boys. I am calling out the people who NEVER say anything GOOD about our team, ever! By no means am I a kool-aid drinker who bleeds purple. I have issues with things like the O Line, playcalling and the decision to keep some players this past week.

    Being a fan means you like the team -- thats the root of being a fan. I find boring the victim-mentality of some fans who find nothing good about our team.

    If this all some how hits home with some of you, then the problem is with yourselves, not with me and my criticism.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  7. #19

    Re: Self-Loathing Fans?

    I am calling out the people who criticise anything and everything about our boys. I am calling out the people who NEVER say anything GOOD about our team, ever!
    This would have a little credibility if not for the fact that you just joined this board a couple of weeks ago. Who are these people to whom you are referring who "NEVER say anthing good about our team?" You haven't been here long enough to draw any reasonable conclusions.

    But of course, if you are just looking for attention, I guess you don't really need to be here long enough to draw reasonable conclusions, you can just whine like an infant. Mission accomplished.




  8. #20

    Re: Self-Loathing Fans?

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Thats not what I said at all ... and the fact you've taken this personal only proves my point.

    Of course criticsm is good. It's the fans that whine about everything AND anything that bore me. If that tag some how hits home for you, I dont think I am that far off in MY criticism.
    The only thing that bothers me about it is bad manners. Accusing others of whining and boring you, regardless of whether you just showed up, is flat out rude.

    *That's* what bothers me.

    Showing up and being rude is troll like behavior. The ball is in your court. If you care to contribute to the dialogue in some meaningful way, fine. If your whole existence here is to nettle and be obnoxious, fine. Be a troll.
    Festivus

    His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.




  9. #21

    Re: Self-Loathing Fans?

    Victims, especially the kind that seek attention, bore the heck out of me.
    Then you must get incredibly bored every time you look in a mirror, because you have been crying like an attention-craving diva through this whole thread.




  10. #22

    Re: Self-Loathing Fans?

    Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    There are only one or two regular posters here who are not, in my opinion, fans of the Ravens. The most notable one - Tex - exists only to tear the team down, particularly its backup qb. His idea of contributions to the forum are the same post, over and over, complete with mocking smileys and rude nicknames for said quarterback. He is not a fan, he is a stalker.

    Besides that, there are plenty of irrational haters and Monday Morning Quarterbacks, but the world of Raven Fandom is big enough for them and for me, too.
    Welcome! :toast:
    I don't think Tex(old19fan) wants to tear down the whole team... Just KB, come to thjink of it, maybe he just has a crush on the pretty boy from california, and the only way he knows how to express it is to "pull her pigtails"




  11. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    19,948

    Re: Self-Loathing Fans?

    Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    This would have a little credibility if not for the fact that you just joined this board a couple of weeks ago. Who are these people to whom you are referring who "NEVER say anthing good about our team?" You haven't been here long enough to draw any reasonable conclusions.

    But of course, if you are just looking for attention, I guess you don't really need to be here long enough to draw reasonable conclusions, you can just whine like an infant. Mission accomplished.
    Did you even read my initial post? I admit I am new. And I didnt point out anyone. Simply made an observation.

    And judging by the reaction to those (you included), I think I hit the proverbial nail square on the head.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  12. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    19,948

    Re: Self-Loathing Fans?

    Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    Then you must get incredibly bored every time you look in a mirror, because you have been crying like an attention-craving diva through this whole thread.
    Lame.

    And what does that make you giving me all this attention? Thanks for proving my point yet again.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland