Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 16

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sparks, MD
    Posts
    621

    Rhys Lloyd -- could be a difference maker



    Major props for this late addition.

    If you watched our games last year, our field position from kickoffs was our major disadvantage on special teams. The fact that our special teams was in the top 3 in stats (e.g., football outsider) was impressive given that handicap.

    If he can consistently kick touchbacks, that will be a huge difference for the team.

    Let alone the occasional 55-60 year field goals!

    Hope we're able to have a Brit on the team!




  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mount Airy, MD.
    Posts
    1,394

    Re: Rhys Lloyd -- could be a difference maker

    Agreed....guy booted a 55 yarder last night. I'd be shocked if he didn't make the team now.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998




  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    608
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Rhys Lloyd -- could be a difference maker

    Quote Originally Posted by Bez513 View Post
    Agreed....guy booted a 55 yarder last night. I'd be shocked if he didn't make the team now.

    And the ball HIT THE NET! I agree that the Ravens should keep this kid.




  4. #4

    Re: Rhys Lloyd -- could be a difference maker

    He's a sure thing. I know it's late on Sat (9/1) and I don't know the cuts, but he has to be on the team.




  5. #5

    Re: Rhys Lloyd -- could be a difference maker

    Quote Originally Posted by RockyMRaven View Post
    And the ball HIT THE NET! I agree that the Ravens should keep this kid.
    That ball didn't even just hit the net. It hit the net a good way up. Honestly I think that FG would have been good beyond 60.

    I like this guy's potential. Chance to save some games deep into them if it's tight. To know that we've got a shot if we only make it to an opposing team's 40 is WAY different than knowing we've gotta make it to around their 25 or 30.

    - C -




  6. #6

    Re: Rhys Lloyd -- could be a difference maker

    Nice to hear we have solved the kickoff isseus, should prove to be quite valuable as the season unfolds.

    As for his field goal kicking, is he as accurate as I am reading? I figure to hit a 55 yarder, you have to be pretty accurate though it was in a dome...

    Though I guess we won't find out about his upright accuracy for some time as long as Stover is around so its really a moot point. Just as long as he booms them into the endzone.
    Rise and rise again until lambs become lions.




  7. #7

    Re: Rhys Lloyd -- could be a difference maker

    Quote Originally Posted by blitzin_ravin View Post
    Nice to hear we have solved the kickoff isseus, should prove to be quite valuable as the season unfolds.

    As for his field goal kicking, is he as accurate as I am reading? I figure to hit a 55 yarder, you have to be pretty accurate though it was in a dome...

    Though I guess we won't find out about his upright accuracy for some time as long as Stover is around so its really a moot point. Just as long as he booms them into the endzone.
    He isnt on the team to be accurate,thats what we have Stover for.His job is to pound the ball on kickoffs 5-6 yds deep in the endzone and come in for the occasional 52 plus yarder that Stover cant make anymore.The kick from 55 was right down the middle though.




  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Parkville (like Bob)
    Posts
    1,547
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Rhys Lloyd -- could be a difference maker

    Shouldn't he be playing in the EPL or something?

    j.k he'll be a great addition!




  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Norwich, England
    Posts
    2,081

    Re: Rhys Lloyd -- could be a difference maker

    Quote Originally Posted by RavensDomination View Post
    Shouldn't he be playing in the EPL or something?

    j.k he'll be a great addition!
    He actually played in Chelsea's youth system as a kid.

    Always good to have a Brit on the team. He really came out of left field for me, was totally unaware he was waiting on a work permit but if he can bring a spark to our field position from kickoffs and boot some long field goals then more power to him.




  10. #10

    Re: Rhys Lloyd -- could be a difference maker

    I am glad the Ravens are looking ahead. Matt Stover won't be here forever and he can't nail the ball on kickoffs anymore. Maybe we can even try for a 60 yard field goal.




  11. #11

    Re: Rhys Lloyd -- could be a difference maker

    I am curious, has the fact a Brit made an NFL team made any headlines at all in the UK?

    Or maybe he isn't the only one, there is a kick returner as well, isnt there?




  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Norwich, England
    Posts
    2,081

    Re: Rhys Lloyd -- could be a difference maker

    Quote Originally Posted by Dont Know View Post
    I am curious, has the fact a Brit made an NFL team made any headlines at all in the UK?

    Or maybe he isn't the only one, there is a kick returner as well, isnt there?
    It'll be noted on our coverage on Sky Sports but it won't be newsworthy, it might have been newsworthy if a Brit had made the squad for the Giants (Osi Umenyiora was born in London, so they have a Brit I suppose) or the Dolphins ahead of the game at Wembley.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland