Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
Results 133 to 144 of 362
  1. #133

    Re: Super Bowl Road Trip -- Post Your Travel Plans, Suggestions Etc Here!



    Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    WOO HOO! Apparently, the Ravens had a SECOND PSL holder lottery for Super Bowl tickets today and I WON! So, I'll be joining Ravens Nation down in New Orleans!
    Congratulations! You are the first person whom I know who has won. I hope to see you in the French Q or at the casino in Biloxi where 6 to 8 from our tailgate group are staying. (I am undecided on going -- need clearance from the boss).

    Please call me and I will fill you in on getting together plans.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).




  2. #134

    Re: SUPER BOWL PACKAGES to fit your budget

    I have an idea. The face value of the AFCCG LOWER LEVEL corner was $215. For the Upper Level endzone is $850 face value. How about the NFL stop fleecing people and turning the SB into a joke. Noone watches nor cares about the halftime show. And their making a million dollars a second of corporate ad's from commercials. Do they really need to jump up the face value 4 times, and really 6 times for a equal ticket for the SB? Thats BS.

    Not only tha but the percentage that the Ravens get to sell at face value even is BS. Each team should get at min 30%.

    End rant, just pissed I cant cough up 10k dollars. The AFCCG cost me 1/5 of that.




  3. #135

    Re: New Orleans Trip Information Thread

    Oh my good gracious I think I just threw up in my mouth alil bit. Are you seriously kidding me? This woman...Gwen...went on and on about how safe the RV lots at 1535 Canal Street was...I told her I have my son with me and I was lil nervous about the "area" and I politely asked...first stating that I was so sorry and didn't mean to insult the city of N.O. but I needed to know if the area was safe...there are LOTS of places in my own hometown of Baltimore City I would NEVER travel and all major cities do have "rough" areas so I didn't mean any disrespect to N.O. whatsoever...so she basically lied to me. I am sooo pissed! I hate being taken advantage of just because we are out-of-towners!

    Thank you thank you thank you so much for your honesty and having the descency to care about our family safety. Now, this woman said they only have ONE lot for RV use...but I will be calling her tomorrow to find out about the streets names you mentioned, but it sounds like the entire "lot" is still in the same general vicinity of these "projects"....I should have know it was too good to be true to find available spots...I should have stuck with my original campground idea...geesh!

    Again, thanks for your help...I can't even imagine what we would have done rolling up unaware of the situation and spent a thousand dollars on fuel getting there and wasting $600 for the "lot spot".

    GO RAVENS!!
    Deb




  4. #136
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Glen Burnie, MD
    Posts
    709

    Re: Super Bowl Road Trip -- Post Your Travel Plans, Suggestions Etc Here!

    Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Congrats!! Saw this and got excited. Logged into my account and nothing. Oh well.
    Sorry pslholder96. I got a phone call about the tickets from the Ravens ticket office around 2:35 PM this afternoon.




  5. #137

    Re: New Orleans Trip Information Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by debwse View Post
    Oh my good gracious I think I just threw up in my mouth alil bit. Are you seriously kidding me? This woman...Gwen...went on and on about how safe the RV lots at 1535 Canal Street was...I told her I have my son with me and I was lil nervous about the "area" and I politely asked...first stating that I was so sorry and didn't mean to insult the city of N.O. but I needed to know if the area was safe...there are LOTS of places in my own hometown of Baltimore City I would NEVER travel and all major cities do have "rough" areas so I didn't mean any disrespect to N.O. whatsoever...so she basically lied to me. I am sooo pissed! I hate being taken advantage of just because we are out-of-towners!

    Thank you thank you thank you so much for your honesty and having the descency to care about our family safety. Now, this woman said they only have ONE lot for RV use...but I will be calling her tomorrow to find out about the streets names you mentioned, but it sounds like the entire "lot" is still in the same general vicinity of these "projects"....I should have know it was too good to be true to find available spots...I should have stuck with my original campground idea...geesh!

    Again, thanks for your help...I can't even imagine what we would have done rolling up unaware of the situation and spent a thousand dollars on fuel getting there and wasting $600 for the "lot spot".

    GO RAVENS!!
    Deb
    If you are closer to Canal I think you would be probably be safe in that lot, although again, it is at the edge of the tourist area and it is a bit isolated and you wouldn't want to move around to much late at night......i have been around those projects but its the kinda deal where at night you have to watch your back. There is another RV lot in that general area, but its in a more secure location on the other side of the highway. I hope I am not being too alarmist, but just realistic.
    Way Down South in New Orleans




  6. #138

    Re: SUPER BOWL PACKAGES to fit your budget

    Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    I only wish I could afford them.

    Guys, I can personally vouch for Harv as being completely trustworthy. He's good people.
    X2. I have in fact bought tickets from him in the past. Great guy.




  7. #139

    Re: New Orleans Trip Information Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by baltimorebred View Post
    I might be interested in purchasing two seats. Please send me a PM.
    For some reason it wouldn't let me send you a PM ? Send me one or contact me at 717-818-8695 if interested




  8. #140

    Re: New Orleans Trip Information Thread

    I PM'd Harv......if anyone else has tickets, I might take one too.
    Way Down South in New Orleans




  9. #141

    Re: New Orleans Trip Information Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by debwse View Post
    Thank you thank you thank you so much for your honesty and having the descency to care about our family safety. Now, this woman said they only have ONE lot for RV use...but I will be calling her tomorrow to find out about the streets names you mentioned, but it sounds like the entire "lot" is still in the same general vicinity of these "projects"....I should have know it was too good to be true to find available spots...I should have stuck with my original campground idea...geesh!
    Deb, Just so you know where I am coming from: I fully admit that, when I was a New Orleans suburbanite, I had a strong bias against the city neighborhoods outside of the French Q and Garden District/Tulane/Loyola corridor. Due to gang violence, including preying on unsuspecting tourists (and suburbanites). I used to be a Saints season ticket holder in the 80's, and have attended a dozen or so Saints games in recent years as a visitor to NOLA, frequently tailgating at surface lots. I honestly do not recall ever seeing an RV near the Dome.

    My advice is: stay at the campground in Mississippi about the last exit before the Louisiana State line, near the Pearl River. Rent a car or find other transportation to get into the downtown (I had suggested to others to park near the NOLA airport and take the shuttle downtown - that would work if the remote lots are open - check with Moisant/Armstrong airport). If the Mississippi camp is closed, explore camping along the Gulf Coast. We used to have a small RV to camp near Perdido Beach, Florida, where we could literally catch our dinner with rod & reel. You could rent a car to get into the city. You may find another campground between Mobile, Biloxi, Gulfport, Pass Christian. Most of these locations have airports with rental cars to take into the City.

    One alternative worth exploring: there used to be many RV's that would come into the city for the JazzFest at the Fairgrounds race track. You could take a cab downtown. The last Jazz Fest I attended was around 2002, so this may a useless suggestion, but at least worth a phone call. NOLA Raven Fan can tell you if the surrounding area is safe.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).




  10. #142

    Re: New Orleans Trip Information Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Deb, Just so you know where I am coming from: I fully admit that, when I was a New Orleans suburbanite, I had a strong bias against the city neighborhoods outside of the French Q and Garden District/Tulane/Loyola corridor. Due to gang violence, including preying on unsuspecting tourists (and suburbanites). I used to be a Saints season ticket holder in the 80's, and have attended a dozen or so Saints games in recent years as a visitor to NOLA, frequently tailgating at surface lots. I honestly do not recall ever seeing an RV near the Dome.

    My advice is: stay at the campground in Mississippi about the last exit before the Louisiana State line, near the Pearl River. Rent a car or find other transportation to get into the downtown (I had suggested to others to park near the NOLA airport and take the shuttle downtown - that would work if the remote lots are open - check with Moisant/Armstrong airport). If the Mississippi camp is closed, explore camping along the Gulf Coast. We used to have a small RV to camp near Perdido Beach, Florida, where we could literally catch our dinner with rod & reel. You could rent a car to get into the city. You may find another campground between Mobile, Biloxi, Gulfport, Pass Christian. Most of these locations have airports with rental cars to take into the City.

    One alternative worth exploring: there used to be many RV's that would come into the city for the JazzFest at the Fairgrounds race track. You could take a cab downtown. The last Jazz Fest I attended was around 2002, so this may a useless suggestion, but at least worth a phone call. NOLA Raven Fan can tell you if the surrounding area is safe.
    Mississippi is a good idea, also the are RV parks on the West Bank. Fairgrounds racetrack is currently open so you can't park there.
    I will check tomorrow and see if I can find more info at coffee.

    I just got a ticket for media day from Ticketmaster so I will be in the Dome Tuesday.....maybe meet up if any of you are there.
    Last edited by NOLARavenFAN; 01-23-2013 at 10:19 PM.
    Way Down South in New Orleans




  11. #143
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hazzard County
    Posts
    1,106

    Re: SUPER BOWL PACKAGES to fit your budget

    Free is my budget




  12. #144
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    2,222
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: SUPER BOWL PACKAGES to fit your budget

    Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    I have an idea. The face value of the AFCCG LOWER LEVEL corner was $215. For the Upper Level endzone is $850 face value. How about the NFL stop fleecing people and turning the SB into a joke. Noone watches nor cares about the halftime show. And their making a million dollars a second of corporate ad's from commercials. Do they really need to jump up the face value 4 times, and really 6 times for a equal ticket for the SB? Thats BS.

    Not only tha but the percentage that the Ravens get to sell at face value even is BS. Each team should get at min 30%.

    End rant, just pissed I cant cough up 10k dollars. The AFCCG cost me 1/5 of that.
    I thought the same thing at first...but blame the Fans for paying those crazy ass prices, not the NFL. All it would take is to have a Super Bowl half filled for them to change it.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland