Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
Results 205 to 216 of 362
  1. #205

    Re: New Orleans Trip Information Thread



    Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    If you where to stay in Hammond what transport would be two and from the game?
    Hammond is a little more than an hour away.........you might be better off in Baton Rouge as far as public transportation goes, I don't think you can find anything from Hammond.. Email me at levin.pix@gmail.com if you want to discuss further
    Way Down South in New Orleans





  2. #206
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Straddling the Mason Dixon line
    Posts
    74

    Re: New Orleans Trip Information Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    I'll ride my bike over....if you'all bring/rent bikes you will have a better time getting around.
    http://www.yelp.com/biz/rouses-market-new-orleans-4 This is a huge grocery store nearby. They will have crawfish.
    Fat guy on a bike.. don't think NOLA's ready for that! We will be parking in that lot Friday and Saturday, and NOLARavenFAN- hope you'll join us for tailgating there starting early Sunday morning. Look forward to your expert guidance on a spot to watch the game.




  3. #207

    Re: New Orleans Trip Information Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Yard View Post
    Fat guy on a bike.. don't think NOLA's ready for that! We will be parking in that lot Friday and Saturday, and NOLARavenFAN- hope you'll join us for tailgating there starting early Sunday morning. Look forward to your expert guidance on a spot to watch the game.
    Oh yeah, I will be passing through.......weather is going to be a little cooler than this week-end, but so far nothing in the way of rain forecast.
    Way Down South in New Orleans




  4. #208
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Towson
    Posts
    1,008

    Re: New Orleans Trip Information Thread

    We'll be coming in from Houma on the morning of the game and looking for a good tailgate.

    Happy to share expense. Please PM me if you'd like to exchange cell #'s.




  5. #209
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Glen Burnie, MD
    Posts
    674

    Re: New Orleans Trip Information Thread

    My biggest worry right now is parking. I'm going to be coming into NO from Biloxi on Saturday afternoon/evening and of course, on Sunday afternoon/evening. I know NOLARaven and Mr T have suggested parking on Canal Street and then using the streetcars to get to the Superdome. But what about the French Quarter? I did find that you can reserve parking in a lot on Iberville St:http://www.premiumparking.com/park/l...ns-nola/145-2/ Is that a good location for parking on Saturday and/or Sunday? How would getting into and out of this garage be traffic wise? If I'm visiting the French Quarter before the game Sunday, can I get a streetcar directly from there to the Superdome?

    EDIT: Looks like, as with a lot of things, this garage is booked. I would still like to know a few good places to park close to the FQ for Saturday and Sunday.




  6. #210
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Straddling the Mason Dixon line
    Posts
    74

    Re: New Orleans Trip Information Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    My biggest worry right now is parking. I'm going to be coming into NO from Biloxi on Saturday afternoon/evening and of course, on Sunday afternoon/evening. I know NOLARaven and Mr T have suggested parking on Canal Street and then using the streetcars to get to the Superdome. But what about the French Quarter? I did find that you can reserve parking in a lot on Iberville St:http://www.premiumparking.com/park/l...ns-nola/145-2/ Is that a good location for parking on Saturday and/or Sunday? How would getting into and out of this garage be traffic wise? If I'm visiting the French Quarter before the game Sunday, can I get a streetcar directly from there to the Superdome?

    EDIT: Looks like, as with a lot of things, this garage is booked. I would still like to know a few good places to park close to the FQ for Saturday and Sunday.
    GKB: Your friends from PA (and former parking lot pals/Burn supporters) will be at 1535 Canal. Got permits for Sunday and- while reduced in size- will be tailgating. No tix so going to the FQ for the game... we've been told to stay off Iberville Street.




  7. #211

    Re: New Orleans Trip Information Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    EDIT: Looks like, as with a lot of things, this garage is booked. I would still like to know a few good places to park close to the FQ for Saturday and Sunday.
    While I think you are wasting your time trying to find parking near the French Quarter, here are the locations of three garages/lots which we have recently used

    • on Decatur (southern edge of French Quarter), between the French Market and the Mississippi River levee, behind Cafe du Monde and the French Market
    • on Canal, in a downtown shopping center across Canal from the Doubletree Hotel
    • on North Rampart (northern edge of French Quarter), in a garage between Bienville and Iberville


    Threre is a map of French Quarter on a pdf link from http://www.frenchquarter.com/shoppin...letteStory.php

    We have tried parking downtown during Mardis Gras several times, gave up, and wound up taking the streetcar from the Tulane/Garden District area. If there's a chance for parking at any of these lots, it would be by heading into downtown very early.

    If you get skunked, then you would have the option to drive out Canal past 1-10 to take the streetcar back to the S Rampart Street or next stop or two, then walk downriver a block into the Quarter. Based on some new info gleaned from some back & forth last night with the ever-helpful NOLA Ravens Fan, I have decided to pick up the streetcar at the end of the Canal Street line at the New Orleans Museum of Art, which you can find on Google maps at One Collins C. Diboll Circle, City Park, New Orleans, Louisiana 70124.

    The streetcar runs all day every 1/2 hour, on the hour and the 1/2 hour; see schedule at http://www.norta.com/Maps_Schedules/...ex.html?ID=48#

    Regardless of how you get there, plan on meeting up with our Lot J tailgate crew at the Jackson statue in the middle of Jackson Square at 2pm both weekend days.

    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).




  8. #212

    Re: New Orleans Trip Information Thread

    For those looking at brokers for tickets, try bigredtickets.com. I bought my tickets from them (no other affiliation) and noted that they do not add a surcharge or any fees.




  9. #213

    Re: New Orleans Trip Information Thread

    Probably already answered in this thread somewhere but anyone know where the Raven's fans will be partying Saturday night? I'm sure Bourbon Street will be crazy.




  10. #214

    Re: New Orleans Trip Information Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by FearTheRaven View Post
    Probably already answered in this thread somewhere but anyone know where the Raven's fans will be partying Saturday night? I'm sure Bourbon Street will be crazy.
    On Frenchmen Street at DBA and across the street in the Art Market.......then Sunday at that lot on Canal. Spotted my first Ravens hat at my booth last night, a Lions fan. Here is my website: http://www.andylevin.com I sell prints of my photography....
    Last edited by NOLARavenFAN; 01-27-2013 at 11:06 AM.
    Way Down South in New Orleans




  11. #215
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Cub Hill, MD
    Posts
    2,399

    Re: New Orleans Trip Information Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    The streetcar runs all day every 1/2 hour, on the hour and the 1/2 hour; see schedule at http://www.norta.com/Maps_Schedules/...ex.html?ID=48#

    Regardless of how you get there, plan on meeting up with our Lot J tailgate crew at the Jackson statue in the middle of Jackson Square at 2pm both weekend days.
    So Ted, if I am reading this line schedule correctly, the last opportunity to take the streetcar back to the parking lot from the FQ is about 10PM?


    WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012




  12. #216

    Re: New Orleans Trip Information Thread

    Great website NOLARavenFan! I have a Canon 7D with a couple of "L" lenses (which will not make the trip next week ). I'm pretty handy with my rig, but you have some great pictures on your website.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland