Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
Results 181 to 188 of 188
  1. #181
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    8,387
    Blog Entries
    4


    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    If they put Suggs on Davis and not concentrate on sealing what ever edge he lines up on, we're fucked.

    No way Suggs can keep up with Davis' speed and we're going to need him on containment / rushing the point of exchange between Gore and CK.
    Suggs wasn't on Davis last year. Why would they do it now?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk





  2. #182
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    8,877
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: how do we stop 49ers vaunted pistol offense?

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    If they put Suggs on Davis and not concentrate on sealing what ever edge he lines up on, we're fucked.

    No way Suggs can keep up with Davis' speed and we're going to need him on containment / rushing the point of exchange between Gore and CK.
    Idk where that idea came from, but what Suggs could do (and has done effectively before) is chip in on Davis at the LOS, he did that back in 2011 against him, and it really effected the way Davis played in that game.




  3. #183

    Re: how do we stop 49ers vaunted pistol offense?

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Idk where that idea came from, but what Suggs could do (and has done effectively before) is chip in on Davis at the LOS, he did that back in 2011 against him, and it really effected the way Davis played in that game.
    The difference here is that they need penetration on Kaepernick, and while Suggs is throwing his chip on Davis, Kaepernick is moving around in the pocket.




  4. #184
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    12,953
    Blog Entries
    1
    Remember the last game the 9ers kept Suggs blocked for most of the game but that opened up chances for other guys.

    This is the same defense that Nolan took out there, Singletary ran and they're still running.
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  5. #185
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Balmer Merlin Hon
    Posts
    2,587
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: how do we stop 49ers vaunted pistol offense?

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    ...what Suggs could do (and has done effectively before) is chip in on Davis at the LOS...
    ^^^This. Ex suggested that Sizzle "jam [Davis] at the LoS"--not dance the freakin' cha-cha with him.




  6. #186
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    If they put Suggs on Davis and not concentrate on sealing what ever edge he lines up on, we're fucked.

    No way Suggs can keep up with Davis' speed and we're going to need him on containment / rushing the point of exchange between Gore and CK.
    Suggs won't be on Davis. He'll be hitting Davis at the line to throw off timings. That's all. After that it falls to our LBs or CBs

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2




  7. #187
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    19,997
    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Suggs wasn't on Davis last year. Why would they do it now?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ask Ex. That's who I was responding to.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  8. #188
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    8,387
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: how do we stop 49ers vaunted pistol offense?

    They had it shutdown before the NFL called a power outage.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland