Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 31
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Rosedale, MD
    Posts
    803

    Tom Brady during the National Anthem



    Just curious because I hadn't seen it in other topics yet but...did anyone notice that during the National Anthem, Brady was more interested in keeping his hands in his hand warmer and not even looking at the flag, than placing a hand over his heart during it?

    I understand less and less people do it in today's world, and even less people take their hats off anymore (I feel that's completely disrespectful, but that's just me). But for a person who is as high profile as Tom Brady and plays for the PATRIOTS, you'd think that he'd actually have some patriotism and put his hand over his heart.

    Once I saw that during the pre-game festivities, I was begging for us to destroy him and watch him whine and moan.

    What are your opinions on his actions or lack thereof?
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis




  2. #2

    Re: Tom Brady during the National Anthem

    Quote Originally Posted by CoverD View Post
    Just curious because I hadn't seen it in other topics yet but...did anyone notice that during the National Anthem, Brady was more interested in keeping his hands in his hand warmer and not even looking at the flag, than placing a hand over his heart during it?

    I understand less and less people do it in today's world, and even less people take their hats off anymore (I feel that's completely disrespectful, but that's just me). But for a person who is as high profile as Tom Brady and plays for the PATRIOTS, you'd think that he'd actually have some patriotism and put his hand over his heart.

    Once I saw that during the pre-game festivities, I was begging for us to destroy him and watch him whine and moan.

    What are your opinions on his actions or lack thereof?
    Who gives a shit? Its his decision to believe what he wants to believe.

    [deleted]

    Its his decision, I think of him no less because of it.

    What is with this country and people expecting everyone to be so politically correct?
    Last edited by Mista T; 01-22-2013 at 04:52 PM. Reason: drifting into a social-political discussion




  3. #3

    Re: Tom Brady during the National Anthem

    I was at the game so didn't see it. Everyone in our section took off their hat's even as cold and windy as it was. Dunno.




  4. #4

    Re: Tom Brady during the National Anthem

    deleted
    Last edited by Mista T; 01-22-2013 at 04:57 PM. Reason: please don't feed




  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Rosedale, MD
    Posts
    803

    Re: Tom Brady during the National Anthem

    Please explain to me how putting your hand over your heart during the National Anthem is religious?

    Sounds like you've got an ax to grind with the US...
    Last edited by Mista T; 01-22-2013 at 04:56 PM. Reason: quoted political statemen
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis




  6. #6

    Re: Tom Brady during the National Anthem

    Yeah his tread is gtting locked. What a toolbag. Not you op. The assclown who obviously is clueless.




  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Rosedale, MD
    Posts
    803

    Re: Tom Brady during the National Anthem

    Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Yeah his tread is gtting locked. What a toolbag. Not you op. The assclown who obviously is clueless.
    Yea, once I saw that reply I figured as much. Its a shame that with just one reply it turned into garbage.
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis




  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    2,224
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Tom Brady during the National Anthem

    This one's going to get UGLY quick...
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"




  9. #9

    Re: Tom Brady during the National Anthem

    Quote Originally Posted by CoverD View Post
    Yea, once I saw that reply I figured as much. Its a shame that with just one reply it turned into garbage.
    Maybe they'll just delete his post. And they can delete my response to him also. And we can move on. But like the below poster said it's gonna get ugly anyway.

    Trying to keep it nice, like I said everyone in our section took off their hats and it was cold and windy as hell, blew the top 1/4 off my first beer when walking up to our seats . As for the hand over the heart, I'm happy enough with just standing their quiet and showing respect., Thats good enough for me.




  10. #10

    Re: Tom Brady during the National Anthem

    As to Brady's disrespect: he's a douchebag. He should have been tossed from Sunday's game for trying kicking Reed. I'm hoping the NFL fines him a similar amount as Suh got.


    ==================================================================================================

    Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    This one's going to get UGLY quick...
    Not going to happen. We'll keep an eye on it. If there any more political-social thread hijackings, we'll just suspend the offender -- FYI, there's been a lot of that lately and I, for one, am getting tired of gently prodding members to follow the rules and behave.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).




  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,200

    Re: Tom Brady during the National Anthem

    Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    As to Brady's disrespect: he's a douchebag. He should have been tossed from Sunday's game for trying kicking Reed. I'm hoping the NFL fines him a similar amount as Suh got.


    ==================================================================================================



    Not going to happen. We'll keep an eye on it. If there any more political-social thread hijackings, we'll just suspend the offender -- FYI, there's been a lot of that lately and I, for one, am getting tired of gently prodding members to follow the rules and behave.
    Another FYI, the ignore list is awesome!
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  12. #12

    Re: Tom Brady during the National Anthem

    Actually, while many do it, putting your hand over your heart for the anthem is NOT required or even correct protocol. It is proper protocol to put your hand over your heart when you pledge allegiance to the American Flag.

    With that being said, it is a free country and while some may not like it, Brady is free to express himself however he wants, as long as doesn't impact anyone's safety or well being around him. You can choose to be angry with him and not respect him. We don't know anything about Brady's religious beliefs or political beliefs... For al we know he has an issue with the US and this is part of his protest... and he's free to do that.

    Personally, I think he just had other things on his mind.... like many players, and that's understandable.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland