Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 55
  1. #1

    I guess we should all be/get ready for the Ray Lewis murder case stories for the next 2 weeks...



    It's starting unfortunately....
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,100

    Re: I guess we should all be/get ready for the Ray Lewis murder case stories for the next 2 weeks...

    How do you know when they've got nothing else to talk about? They bring up 14 year old stories.

    Anyone who thinks the media has any ounce of credibility, look no further than this. I will not pay one second of attention to it.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Columbia, MD
    Posts
    570
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: I guess we should all be/get ready for the Ray Lewis murder case stories for the next 2 weeks...

    F that. We shouldn't answer any questions about this story. The story is old and has no bearing on the game two Sundays from now.

    As an attorney and a former federal prosecutor, I can tell you that the case brought by the Atlanta DA was tremendously weak from an evidentiary standpoint. They had nothing. The trial turned out to be a complete joke. The DA got nowhere with their line of questioning. Their star witnesses were all completely drunk at the time of the incident and had credibility issues. Nobody could put Ray anywhere near that altercation.

    Having spoken to ADAs who worked in the Atlanta DA's office at the time, they told me that they were most upset that Ray didn't cooperate. They didn't really think he was their guy, but they charged him to pressure him. Why they didn't press an obstruction of justice charge or pursue an accessory theory (as opposed to the theory they did pursue) is beyond me. But lots of folks seemed to want to make their name prosecuting a star NFL linebacker. They just forgot a pesky little think we call "evidence."

    From a legal standpoint, Ray got convicted of the thing he was guilty of -- obstruction of justice. He had nothing to do with the murders themselves. If anybody actually looked at the evidence, they would know that.

    Ironically, if you remember, shortly after Ray's arrest, the Atlanta DA and the mayor of Atlanta gave a press conference in which they said that the evidence was solid and that Ray and his entourage entered their limo that night "literally dripping with blood." Of the mayor of Atlanta and the people charged in that case, you know who the only person is who actually was convicted of a felony and served jail time?

    Bonus points to you if you said, "The Mayor of Atlanta" (Bill Campbell).

    This is a non-story. We shouldn't give it legs by answering questions about it.




  4. #4

    Re: I guess we should all be/get ready for the Ray Lewis murder case stories for the next 2 weeks...

    Ray Lewis murdered someone, do not believe he was found guilty of anything.If anything he pleaded guilty to some minor charge.
    Will the media bring up BR two rape accusations when it comes time for him to retire? Any mention of the sports analyst Irving and his cocaine binges.
    Ray Lewis will turn the other cheek and respond as necessary. He's man enough to answer whatever he wants. If not, maybe he should hire Brian Billick to be his response man. Brian handled it once before.Ravens should set limits on what questions will be allowed and how often a certain question can be ask.
    Sad the media cheapens this moment in Ray's life, he has already put it behind him. He has accomplished more on and off the field since that year.




  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Columbia, MD
    Posts
    570
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: I guess we should all be/get ready for the Ray Lewis murder case stories for the next 2 weeks...

    Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Ray Lewis murdered someone, do not believe he was found guilty of anything.If anything he pleaded guilty to some minor charge.
    Will the media bring up BR two rape accusations when it comes time for him to retire? Any mention of the sports analyst Irving and his cocaine binges.
    Ray Lewis will turn the other cheek and respond as necessary. He's man enough to answer whatever he wants. If not, maybe he should hire Brian Billick to be his response man. Brian handled it once before.Ravens should set limits on what questions will be allowed and how often a certain question can be ask.
    Sad the media cheapens this moment in Ray's life, he has already put it behind him. He has accomplished more on and off the field since that year.
    Ray Lewis didn't murder anyone. Even if you take off the purple colored glasses, it is clear that two hangers on in a large entourage got into a fight with the two victims. They brandished knives and stabbed them to death. While this was going on, Ray Lewis was in the limousine waiting to depart the Buckhead area.

    Once he found out there had been a fight (unclear if he knew two people had died), he urged everyone to keep quiet (not a good thing and certainly a crime). As a result, he pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor obstruction of justice charge, testified against the two principal defendants, was put on probation, paid a fine and was suspended four games by the NFL.

    Let's be clear about the facts. If anybody wants to know what Ray Lewis did or saw that night, they should get the transcript from the Atlanta trial court. Ray shouldn't answer any more questions about this incident right now.




  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    21,056

    Re: I guess we should all be/get ready for the Ray Lewis murder case stories for the next 2 weeks...

    Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Ray Lewis murdered someone, do not believe he was found guilty of anything.If anything he pleaded guilty to some minor charge.
    Will the media bring up BR two rape accusations when it comes time for him to retire? Any mention of the sports analyst Irving and his cocaine binges.
    Ray Lewis will turn the other cheek and respond as necessary. He's man enough to answer whatever he wants. If not, maybe he should hire Brian Billick to be his response man. Brian handled it once before.Ravens should set limits on what questions will be allowed and how often a certain question can be ask.
    Sad the media cheapens this moment in Ray's life, he has already put it behind him. He has accomplished more on and off the field since that year.
    See folks, it's posts like this why Ray should and is willing to talk about it.

    He was just on ESPN this morning and he's open to discussing it. There's going to be a couple of features with him, being interviewed by Sal Palentonio, where he goes into detail.

    There's nothing to hide. And I hate using this term, but it's a teachable moment and Ray seems very willing to talk about it.

    Kudos to Ray for dealing with it again and shame on those who still believe this nonsense when the case facts have been out there for over a decade for everyone to read.

    I expect posts like this from Steelers fans, not from his own fan base.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    section 132
    Posts
    2,645
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: I guess we should all be/get ready for the Ray Lewis murder case stories for the next 2 weeks...

    Its a redemption story. How a young man, hanging with the wrong crowd and putting himself in compromising situations, was forced to see the error of his ways and turned his life around. No rational person actually thinks he killed anybody. And Ray has already gotten out in front of it. He speaks about it with Sal Palaontonio on ESPN on this coming Sunday. I saw excerpts of the interview yesterday. Its OK that this will be brought up because their will be young people out there who will hear Ray talk about it and be touched by it, hopefully changing their lives for the better. Last SB Ray wouldn't talk about it, this one he is going to use his experience to try to help people.




  8. #8

    Re: I guess we should all be/get ready for the Ray Lewis murder case stories for the next 2 weeks...

    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Ray Lewis didn't murder anyone. Even if you take off the purple colored glasses, it is clear that two hangers on in a large entourage got into a fight with the two victims. They brandished knives and stabbed them to death. While this was going on, Ray Lewis was in the limousine waiting to depart the Buckhead area.

    Once he found out there had been a fight (unclear if he knew two people had died), he urged everyone to keep quiet (not a good thing and certainly a crime). As a result, he pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor obstruction of justice charge, testified against the two principal defendants, was put on probation, paid a fine and was suspended four games by the NFL.

    Let's be clear about the facts. If anybody wants to know what Ray Lewis did or saw that night, they should get the transcript from the Atlanta trial court. Ray shouldn't answer any more questions about this incident right now.
    Hell Ray did what any high paid lawyer would have told his clients. Now days, at a traffic accident, insurance companies will tell you not to say anything to the police. Don't admit anything. BR friends kept quiet and that problem resulted in no charges(helps to be friends with the po-po). All that evidence got handled well by the bar.




  9. #9
    iggyman555 Guest

    Re: I guess we should all be/get ready for the Ray Lewis murder case stories for the next 2 weeks...





  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    1,386

    Re: I guess we should all be/get ready for the Ray Lewis murder case stories for the next 2 weeks...

    I think lovefootball's post is being misunderstood. I think he/she worded it wrong in that first sentence, but I think he/she is saying that Ray didn't murder anyone. Almost as if he meant to put a question mark after the first three words of his post.

    Anyway, I agree with Hammerhead, but I think it'll be smart on Ray's part to get out in front of it and do an exclusive with Sal Pal or another reporter. Do one in-depth interview, and then refer all other questioners to see that.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...





  11. #11

    Re: I guess we should all be/get ready for the Ray Lewis murder case stories for the next 2 weeks...

    Odd that people are surprised, especially on a forum where I see Big Ben referred to as "Rapesburger" regularly.




  12. #12

    Re: I guess we should all be/get ready for the Ray Lewis murder case stories for the next 2 weeks...

    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    F that. We shouldn't answer any questions about this story. The story is old and has no bearing on the game two Sundays from now.

    As an attorney and a former federal prosecutor, I can tell you that the case brought by the Atlanta DA was tremendously weak from an evidentiary standpoint. They had nothing. The trial turned out to be a complete joke. The DA got nowhere with their line of questioning. Their star witnesses were all completely drunk at the time of the incident and had credibility issues. Nobody could put Ray anywhere near that altercation.

    Having spoken to ADAs who worked in the Atlanta DA's office at the time, they told me that they were most upset that Ray didn't cooperate. They didn't really think he was their guy, but they charged him to pressure him. Why they didn't press an obstruction of justice charge or pursue an accessory theory (as opposed to the theory they did pursue) is beyond me. But lots of folks seemed to want to make their name prosecuting a star NFL linebacker. They just forgot a pesky little think we call "evidence."

    From a legal standpoint, Ray got convicted of the thing he was guilty of -- obstruction of justice. He had nothing to do with the murders themselves. If anybody actually looked at the evidence, they would know that.

    Ironically, if you remember, shortly after Ray's arrest, the Atlanta DA and the mayor of Atlanta gave a press conference in which they said that the evidence was solid and that Ray and his entourage entered their limo that night "literally dripping with blood." Of the mayor of Atlanta and the people charged in that case, you know who the only person is who actually was convicted of a felony and served jail time?

    Bonus points to you if you said, "The Mayor of Atlanta" (Bill Campbell).

    This is a non-story. We shouldn't give it legs by answering questions about it.
    Yeah I don't understand why people think just because the Government charges you with something you're guilty. You hear countless stories of people who did nothing wrong being convicted and those who did wrong going free. People need to look at the actual details but in today's short attention span society nobody wants to take the time to learn the facts. It's pretty sad.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland