Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by timmyonfleet View Post
    Rings for former players/coaches makes no sense. I don't care who they are. I mean lets give all the band members and psl holders a ring while we are at it. The chick selling nachos at M and T too she gets a ring.
    I don't understand it either.

Players on IR, practice squad players and maybe a guy like Kindle who was here the entire season basically...they get rings

Players that are retired or playing for other teams? That's ridiculous IMHO. Each year is its own animal...what has JJ or Mason or Grubbs or any of these other guys done for THIS team, THIS year?

Steve will give a ring to everybody employed by the team...including the support staff, but that's it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Re: Premature Ring Talk

Yea, let's not get ahead of ourselves. I surely hope it's the 9ers championship gear that gets donated to 3rd world countries though!