Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 50
  1. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Where Ravens Fans Roam Free
    Posts
    1,914

    Re: Time to trade Tom Brady?



    Instead of trading Brady, The Patriots should be trying to figure out how to get him a legit deep threat WR, and getting another pass rusher for their defense.




  2. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    14,395
    Blog Entries
    1
    When Brady is done, I bet the 'genius' head coach conveniently retires.
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  3. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    N.E. Cincy
    Posts
    3,763

    Re: Time to trade Tom Brady?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    When Brady is done, I bet the 'genius' head coach conveniently retires.
    I have a feeling you're right.




  4. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    26,399
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Time to trade Tom Brady?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Instead of trading Brady, The Patriots should be trying to figure out how to get him a legit deep threat WR, and getting another pass rusher for their defense.
    That'd be a good start.

    I think they have a nice pass rusher in Nikovic and Chandler Jones. Jones was just hurt.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  5. #17

    Re: Time to trade Tom Brady?

    No way they trade Marsha.




  6. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    San Dimas, CA
    Posts
    5,883

    Re: Time to trade Tom Brady?

    The entire thought process reads like someone who spends too much time playing fantasy. Nobody is going to trade an entire draft anymore (as GOTA stated above). The two examples the writer gives are Herschel Walker and Ricky Williams. In both those cases, the team getting the draft picks was the clear winner, and I think GMs know this. Another laughable was the idea on who could replace Brady. One option? Matt Cassell. Okay, that's really smart.

    The Patriots are a team that has been in the AFCC two seasons in a row. It's not like they suck. If they draft a speedy WR, a solid CB, and another pass rusher, then get Rob Gronkowski, Aqib Talib, Chandler Jones back healthy, that's a formidable team. I'm not throwing dirt on their grave yet.




  7. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    N.E. Cincy
    Posts
    3,763

    Re: Time to trade Tom Brady?

    I think the writer intended the emphasis to be on getting a high return for Brady while his value is still high. Then restock the team quickly. It's definitely not an absurd idea.




  8. #20

    Re: Time to trade Tom Brady?

    Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    That's how I read it too. He thinks the Ravens are going to lose most of the defense between Ray, and FA's leaving.

    Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    Well, unfortunately, he may have a point. We're going to lose Lewis and Reed for sure, but the real hurt would be if we lost Kruger and ellerbe. On a good note, Webb will be back and, hopefully, Graham will be here as well. That will give us a pretty good CB tandom. Without Kruger and ellerbe, we'll have to find someone who can put some pressure on the QB.




  9. #21

    Re: Time to trade Tom Brady?

    Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    I think the writer intended the emphasis to be on getting a high return for Brady while his value is still high. Then restock the team quickly. It's definitely not an absurd idea.
    The problem with this line of thinking is that Al Davis isn't around anymore, so the only owner who would give up everything for a player is Jerry Jones. They could probably wait 5 more years and then trade Brady to the Cowboys for their 1st and 2nd round picks for 3 years. Jerry Jones is that dumb!




  10. #22

    Re: Time to trade Tom Brady?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    When Brady is done, I bet the 'genius' head coach conveniently retires.
    I have ALWAYS thought this, too.
    Thoughts on Ray Rice: http://brafootball.wordpress.com/




  11. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    College Station, TX
    Posts
    821
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Time to trade Tom Brady?

    I believed what happened to the Patriots is that up to and including 2007 they were this unstoppable offense with a paper-thin defense. They would basically outscore all the opponents. But then they were upset in the SB and everyone blamed the defense. Since then they have been trying to bolster the defense and forgot their bread and butter, the offense. Now they have an improved, but still mediocre defense and a much less powerful offense, and can't win.




  12. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    San Dimas, CA
    Posts
    5,883

    Re: Time to trade Tom Brady?

    Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    I believed what happened to the Patriots is that up to and including 2007 they were this unstoppable offense with a paper-thin defense. They would basically outscore all the opponents. But then they were upset in the SB and everyone blamed the defense. Since then they have been trying to bolster the defense and forgot their bread and butter, the offense. Now they have an improved, but still mediocre defense and a much less powerful offense, and can't win.
    I think the reason they have "fallen off", so to speak, is not because they have an improved defense at all. They have fallen off because their defense is no longer hard hitting, and they have tried to become a finesse team. Finesse teams get punched in the mouth in the playoffs.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland